Australian screenshots

Thanks Aaron, I appreciate it mate. We need more Australian-style content.

Norm: Great screenshots - Just love that era.

Tom: And I love the X Class muscle - Keep it up mate.

Now don't jump to conclusions from this image. I'm just tossing up whether to do another update on my Sydney layout; or scrap the idea and maybe pick another area starting from scratch.

When you are building routes, you are not running trains;... and I do like running trains. I'll sort it out.

2018-03-24_004848.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Another iconic place around Sydney is Bradleys Head, where the mast from H.M.A.S. Sydney is located. It was restored and placed as a memorial to all those men who served in the R.A.N. and the ships lost in service.

This was missing from my Sydney route so I've created one for next time.

2018-03-25_152817.jpg

I'll need to do a little gardening and clear the area so that it becomes more prominent.
Cheers,
Roy

Footplatephil just recently re-released his iconic "Weddin" Route (Cowra branch line, NSW) onto the DLS as an updated TANE SP2 version. I have made some mods (for my own purpose and not for distribution) where I have replaced the billboard flora trees and shrubs with SpeedTrees v6 analogues, replaced the Auran era switch levers with more prototypical examples and added Elstoko's excellent point rodding and cranks.

Thanks for that great feedback, and the suggestions for improvements.

Wow. "Iconic"! Motivated by that comment I just had a look at the download station. Apparently the 2006 version of Weddin has been downloaded 14,000 times. I'm amazed, as I had no idea there were even that may people interested in NSW railways!

Phil

Last edited:
This looks like a city being re-built Well not exactly, my Sydney route is getting a needed update. This will be Version 5.

2018-04-01_142515.jpg

2018-04-01_204623.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Tom, Thank you for everything you have shared with us. Very generous of all of you at ATD.
I get inspiration from the settings you place the items in. I particularly like this latest one.
Would you mind telling me which tracks you are using and the name of the asphalt crossing.
Appreciate it.
Again thanks.
Cheers
NickE

Cheers guys! Thanks Richy for those awesome screenshots I got to use too :p

A brand new X38 sits outside the EDI shops at Merriford awaiting trials...

xrsfinallydone.jpg

Back