Australian screenshots

Ryan,

Your route is looking superb and wow it does look real in the 3rd and 4th shots, very crisp looking scenery.
Have you noticed one thing that your using a RH traffic in the last screenshot considering that we drive on the left in this continent just thought I'd pick it out lol.

Randwich

The traffic looks to be driving on the left hand side to me in the last pic anyways, You can also see in the 4th pic there is a car under the viaduct on the left hand side, Nice work Ryan you are amongst the other Aussies here with a talent for this route building caper.
Cheers Mick.:)

Yeah, it's the bus with the doors on the wrong side. Really, who cares. The route is still a WIP and anything goes when showing it off. :D Geez, I'm up to version 4 of one of my routes and it's only now getting up to scratch :p.
cheers
Graeme

Mick, lspdyiu and Graeme. About the traffic/region. It was a custom one I made and it is LHS but I threw the high detailed HP_USA cars in it which includes busses ect. So I’ll change the busses out to some Aussie ones and that should be good. Thanks for the feedback guys :D

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to upset anyone.
Of course, opinions are ok as are constructive critiques.
I'll just go back under my rock and hibernate..............

You haven't upset anyone Graeme. Any comments and opinions we share on this thread are meant to help and educate one another. None of us are perfect and never make mistakes. I can vouch for that.

Using our screenshots is a great way to display just how far we've come in this great hobby. It really is a helpful way and so much cheaper than doing any university course.

Great things are happening from everybody - Keep it up guys.

Cheers,

Roy

what are you apologising for? Your aloud to say an opinion. I agree with what your said about the bus doors because that’s given me the great idea of using some of the NSW STA busses that are on DLS, so if anything thanks for the idea mate.

cheers, Ryan

Hey Ghosty,

In your first screenshot, the row of two-story shops in the background, they look quite Aussie,.... What are they called? Did you build them yourself; or are they on the DLS?

I've built a range of about 20 Sydney shops myself, as well as, some terrace houses, which I'll be including with my next layout. They'll need a bit of tidying up first and then I'll upload them to the DLS.

Here's what some of them look like.
shoprow1.jpg

shoprow2.jpg

shoprow3.jpg

shoprow4.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Some great looking screens everyone!

Ryan - As someone who is quite familiar with the areas you are recreating in the Southern Highlands I can safely say you've captured the feel of the area very well!

Roy - Your ever growing supply of scenery items is always welcome and looking great!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Cheers,

Matt

Some great looking screens everyone!

Ryan - As someone who is quite familiar with the areas you are recreating in the Southern Highlands I can safely say you've captured the feel of the area very well!

Roy - Your ever growing supply of scenery items is always welcome and looking great!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Cheers,

Matt

thanks for the feedback Matt, iv used street view, Google maps, and 3D google earth to try get the best idea of it all. I also agree with what Matt said, Roy, your route is fantastic mate. The custom assets you’ve made for it are also being put to use on my route and are making it all come alive :)

A Fruit Special from Hastings

Hastings
2019-09-10-112800.jpg

Between Hastings and Tyabb (where the junction for the Long Island Steel train now branches from the Stony Point Line)
2019-09-10-113503.jpg

Approaching Tyabb
2019-09-10-113925.jpg

Somerville
2019-09-10-120326.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Thanks Steve, Matt, Ryan and Dave for your on-going support. I do appreciate it guys.

Great screenshots Tim and I really like the knee-high grass shots. You never know what may be crawling around in that lot. Nice work mate.

On my own route, I've found the NSW A8 Pattern Station Buildings just a little too wide for the platform bases that I'm using at Redfern Station. I really don't want to widen the whole area larger than what it really is.

So from a few old photos and using the 'A8' style, I've knocked up a skinnier model which does fit a little better. It is 'hi-poly' so it will only be available when I distribute my route personally. It won't be on the DLS.

I'll be changing the catenary gantry to something more appropriate, as well as, bring the station signage to 1950s.

It's not until you take a few screenshots of what you've done, and then analyse the photo in detail, do you realise what still requires attention. It looks like I've accidentally deleted the cat wire on one track here. How are the electrics supposed to work without electricity?
Redfern-D.jpg

Redfern-E.jpg

Another factor I picked up from an aerial photo of the 1950s was the revolving exit turnstiles. These were later removed because some people avoided paying their fare where they hopped on at another station.
Redfern-C.jpg

I've also created a new angled brick bridge to accommodate the station building above. A full width gantry would look better here.
Redfern-B.jpg

The platform signage is far too modern. Although the usual 48 Class from the South Coast arriving on Platform 1 is on time again.
Redfern-A.jpg

So I still have heaps to do.
Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Looks really good Roy.

I am currently on a short holiday down at Stanwell Park. I have never had much exposure to the Illawara line before, and I have to say from what I've seen while down here it is quite an impressive engineering feat. I wondered if anyone has some screenies of the area they would care to post from around the Stanwell Park area? (apologies if they are already somewhere in this thread, but at 2352 pages its a hard thread to go through!)

Looks really good Roy.

I am currently on a short holiday down at Stanwell Park. I have never had much exposure to the Illawara line before, and I have to say from what I've seen while down here it is quite an impressive engineering feat. I wondered if anyone has some screenies of the area they would care to post from around the Stanwell Park area? (apologies if they are already somewhere in this thread, but at 2352 pages its a hard thread to go through!)

Thanks very much Phil. I think you'll find Aaron and Graeme have been working on the Illawarra Line and no doubt could rustle-up a few screenies. There were also some shown on this thread by Graeme about 2 months ago.

As I'd mentioned in an earlier post, I wasn't happy with the gantry placement at Redfern. So today I knocked-up a Gantry spline that stretches across 6 tracks before it repeats. To go with it, I've made a Catenary Post as a track object which affixes to the track and can line up under the gantry. This can also be used with elstoko or Davido's NSW catenary wires.
Gantry-and-Post.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Back