Australian screenshots

Great shot David, really well detailed too.
Newport is almost complete, so time for a few shots.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My sincerest apologies for the lack of trains, for some reason precaching and compiling scripts is taking way longer than normal to complete.
cheers
Graeme

Thanks Roy for info on the TUME grass texture. I have found a substitute.
Really enjoying your creation of the Sydney of my youth.
Some of the scenery items you are creating make it so much more real.
Still hoping you will get to the point where you are able to share your work with the rest of us.
Best wishes
NickE

Hey all,

What's the likely hood of having two screenshots uploaded to the gallery fail to upload? I uploaded two images this morning via the T:ANE upload, turned the 64 bit computer off about an hour later, went over to the old 32bit (because some book marks, programmes and saved username/pw which are not on the new one yet) went to post the screenshots here and have been searching and searching the gallery and nowhere to be seen, lol

Cheers.

More screenshots from a late 1960's golden summer in southern NSW from " WeddinNSW 3.1. for TANE" (Will upload to the DLS if there is any interest. Paste some encouragement in this link (so far, 2 weeks after the intial post , the feedback has been disappointing, and as a consequence my motivation is low): https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?148718-15th-Weddin-anniversary

Otherwise lookout for "WeddinNSW for TRS2019: Eugowra-Cowra-Grenfell", coming sometime next year.

Approaching Nanamai.
Approaching-Nanami.jpg

Some steam. 5184 approaches Greenethorpe.

A-loaded-5184-approaches-Greenethorpe.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry Phil, I don't view the forum everyday anymore, and I have been away for a long time. I have been lurking more and more lately, but it is easy to miss some good posts.
I actually just replied to your other thread, then I came here to see your screenshots. Awesome. Don't lose heart, but remember you have to do this for yourself first, and us second. :)

regards

Hi All,

Showing of some of the amazing Qld Content in the works at ATD.
An Aurizon Grain being hauled by 2334 & 2348 passing through Banrockburn.

QRGrain.jpg

Cheers
David

Sorry Phil, I don't view the forum everyday anymore, and I have been away for a long time. I have been lurking more and more lately, but it is easy to miss some good posts.
I actually just replied to your other thread, then I came here to see your screenshots. Awesome. Don't lose heart, but remember you have to do this for yourself first, and us second. :)

regards

Hi Axe, good to hear from you again. And thanks for the positive feedback. I spent a long time away from Trainz, but I'm really enjoying being back.

Last edited:
Very nice shots Phil, David and Aaron.
A few more around Newport, this time in latest TRS19 beta and with trains.

cheers
Graeme

regards

Phil,

I agree with Axe - You started building 'WeddinNSW' because you had an inbuilt passion for that particular layout. I can understand that. I have started some layouts and even put them aside because I had a greater passion to build something better.

All route-builders start from scratch with just a few basic ideas. Then add to their layout as new things appear. A little more research can cause you to toss it aside and do it better. I'm now up to Version 5 of my Sydney route, which has a totally different theme to the earlier versions. I intend to make this one the best I can do. Maybe it will appeal to people or maybe it won't. It doesn't matter because I am having fun doing it.

Whatever it looks like, well it's just as "I" see it. I'm really doing this for myself, but I am happy to share what I've done with those who are interested. When I released the 'first' edition there were only 8 people on the list. So I made it a point to share as many screenshots on the 'Aussie' thread then made a few 3min Youtube videos; and the number blew out. Even today, I get emails from people who saw some of those videos wanting my route.

Remember just because you don't get an instant response, is no true indication of where everyone might be. People are sometimes too busy or they go on holidays - Whenever I went on overseas trips it was for at least two months at a time. I didn't do much with Trainz when that happened.

Hang in there mate. Just focus on making your route the best you can make it.

On this Forum, we all show appreciation for each others work. How could you not, particularly sharing in this wonderful hobby.

Cheers,
Roy

Lots of great shots posted over the last couple of pages. Keep them coming! We must be due for some from Roy.

Hey Phil,

It's funny that you mentioned that.

Some time ago, I found several aerial shots taken with a drone over Sydney. They were so good I put one up as a screensaver on my desktop. It was this shot, which gave me the inspiration to try and recreate something similar in TANE and then TRS19. Anyway, I'm still working on it and it gives me a lot of pleasure doing it.

Remember, this is NOT a screenshot but the real thing. The screenshots will eventually come.

SYDNEY-HARBOUR.jpg

Cheers mate and thanks for nice comments.

Roy

Phil,

I agree with Axe - You started building 'WeddinNSW' because you had an inbuilt passion for that particular layout. I can understand that. I have started some layouts and even put them aside because I had a greater passion to build something better.

All route-builders start from scratch with just a few basic ideas. Then add to their layout as new things appear. A little more research can cause you to toss it aside and do it better. I'm now up to Version 5 of my Sydney route, which has a totally different theme to the earlier versions. I intend to make this one the best I can do. Maybe it will appeal to people or maybe it won't. It doesn't matter because I am having fun doing it.

Whatever it looks like, well it's just as "I" see it. I'm really doing this for myself, but I am happy to share what I've done with those who are interested. When I released the 'first' edition there were only 8 people on the list. So I made it a point to share as many screenshots on the 'Aussie' thread then made a few 3min Youtube videos; and the number blew out. Even today, I get emails from people who saw some of those videos wanting my route.

Remember just because you don't get an instant response, is no true indication of where everyone might be. People are sometimes too busy or they go on holidays - Whenever I went on overseas trips it was for at least two months at a time. I didn't do much with Trainz when that happened.

Hang in there mate. Just focus on making your route the best you can make it.

On this Forum, we all show appreciation for each others work. How could you not, particularly sharing in this wonderful hobby.

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks for your thoughts Roy and Axe, and you are right. My main motivation is always the enjoyment I get out of building. As you know, it takes a fair bit of work to get things tidied up for upload to the DLS, and sometimes I'm not sure if that side of things is worthwhile (it reminds me a bit too much of debugging and documenting code for production release, which I spent the best part of 40 years doing. Always preferred the coding). Hence I'm thinking I wont both with another TANE release of Weddin, but will hold off for TRS2019.

Apologies to everyone else for taking this off topic. So....

48 class out of Wirega. Time to move the sheep to another paddock, they've eaten this one almost bare.
Sheep-at-Wirega.jpg

Back