Australian screenshots

Hey alby6,

So does this mean I can abandon the 1720's I am doing?.
Would you Like the textures I have?

Completely up to you, I'm not stopping you, continue if you want. I have pretty much all the textures drawn up for it so it's fine, thanks for the offer though :).
Cheers.

Nice work Jonesy and I see you've used TransDEm, doesn't that save a LOT of work! Out of curiosity what track are you using? I've been using Tane Trk Jarrah as I am modelling 1910 - 1920 period, but it gets odd bends in it where it shouldn't, ie leading into a left bend it'll start with a slight kink to the right..

Thank you! Yes, I have used TransDEM and it has saved a hell of a lot of work especially mixed with JOSM to get the track and roads generated. I am using elstoko's Protrack. The mainline is using Protrack NSWGR clean grey stone, mid-life timber, baseplated and the yards are using a different variant of Protrack.

Very nice Dylan, waiting patiently :).
Nice shots Jonesy

Departing Taralga (needs work!!)
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Nice work Ethan, your route looks amazing.
great job with 1700’s Dylan. They look really nice
some nice shots there Graeme

well done everyone

I've been out of the loop for the past week; however I can still see a huge amount of Aussie work going on.

Nice shots there Graeme, Dylan, Phil and Jonesy - Some beautiful work everyone. Keep it up guys!

Cheers,
Roy

Great work every one, making this the best Forum thread!

The bridge crossing the Tyagong creek, just west of Greenethorpe. The end of the line for the Grenfell branch since 1991.

The-bridge-spanning-the-Tyagong-Creek%2C-Greenethorpe.jpg

Crowther, late afternoon
Crowther%2C-late-afternoon.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone interested in modeling a more modernized Sydney route, think about the Light Rail that will provide Sydney-sider's with additional transport facilities.

Here's a video of what Circular Quay is looking like already. Many thanks to Sydney Trains Vlog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoKD8bgaHDU&feature=push-sd&attr_tag=GgKrWlXpppjl2OaA:6

I'd better hurry up my 1950s version first.

Cheers,
Roy

PS: We may have to look for someone to model the 'new look' trams,... err, light rail. Is anyone interested?

Light-Rail.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone interested in modeling a more modernized Sydney route, think about the Light Rail that will provide Sydney-sider's with additional transport facilities.

Here's a video of what Circular Quay is looking like already. Many thanks to Sydney Trains Vlog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoKD8bgaHDU&feature=push-sd&attr_tag=GgKrWlXpppjl2OaA:6

I'd better hurry up my 1950s version first.

Cheers,
Roy

PS: We may have to look for someone to model the 'new look' trams,... err, light rail. Is anyone interested?

Not forgetting the new Canberra light rail, which goes from one shopping centre to another, bypassing anything of real interest, and several other shopping centres.

Although my route is 2017+ its ok to re-create a scene from one of Bevan Wall's videos in 1999. Here we see double NR's racing through Wingello on 6BM4 in the late Afternoon.

Cheers, Ryan

Nice work everybody - there seems to be a lot of new stuff happening out there. Great shots there Ryan; and your route is looking awesome Phil.

Digging around in the archives, I found a photo of the Newtown Tram Depot/Terminus, that was situated right next door to Newtown railway station. This particular depot was built in 1900, closed in 1957 and has since been heritage listed in 1999.
newtown-rail-tram-depot.jpg

So, I've begun building a model of it to include in my 1950s route. Here's the first knock-up.
screen-newtown-tram-terminus.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

D3 639 prepares to depart for Maldon with the last service of the day as N452 drifts downgrade into Castlemaine with a H car set transfer bound for North Bendigo workshops.

d3ncmaine.jpg

Nice work guys, some great stuff being shown!

A couple of shots of T413 with a down goods at Beetoomba on the Cudgewa branch, with some new KQ container flats and baked by untextured MC cattle containers :)

2019-09-30_001545.jpg

2019-09-30_001948.jpg

2019-09-30_002041.jpg

Regards
Zec

Back