Australian screenshots

A lot of great shots here from you guys "down under" :).
And Mick, glad to see that you have given TANE a chance, it took me several months before I got totally agree with it before I personally was satisfied ;).

// Erik from Sweden

Last edited:
Good to see you got TANE Mick, way to go you'll never look back.
Just a few from me....

A80 leading a down Ettamogah container train at Wagga Wagga
b52ad34cdd87f52324d2f02bbd3a088e.jpg

Y158 shunting empty stock wagons from the saleyards to the goods yard at Benalla
726124b5918117ea0f3cdc82e126c04d.jpg

A pair of 442's hauling fuel tankers between Benalla and Glenrowan
4ce0b2e451c9d85be7cf2894372f384c.jpg

S310 and X41 with empty wheaties near Wangaratta
7558b074c169ed5bc2ca357d0237cfd7.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Gosh Graeme, that grass in the last shot looks good enough to lay on mate. You've done a great job.

Cheers,
Roy
Went a bit stronger on the SSAO in manual post processing. I changed total strength to 1.000000, Base to 0.300000 and radius to 0.020000. It's grazzy grass A from JR, but the darker shadowing from the SSAO tweak gives it greater depth and the billboard trees are less see through which was the original reason for playing with SSAO.
Cheers
Graeme

Hi guys

I'm putting feelers out there for anyone who may be able to help us out. Is there anyone who wouldn't mind setting up the sound and engine files for our XPT? I have sounds files to use but neither I nor Memeboy know how to setup a diesel train.

Here are a few shots from todays run.

ST23 is approaching Wagga Wagga.

ST23 standing at Wagga Wagga.

ST23 makes a brief stop at Benalla

Big thanks to Graeme for allowing me to test our train on his WIP Map. Looks awesome mate and I run the whole thing on the real timetable. :)

I have been considering installing 'station announcements' on my Sydney Central & City Circle route.

So far, I've created a html asset and copied the necessary sound (wav.) and thumbnail files to it. Then installed it with the necessary triggers onto a clone of my route and it works.

However the problem is, with so many trains running at the same time, I'm picking up every train hitting a trigger anywhere on the layout.

Am I wasting my time, or is there a way to isolate the sounds only to the train I'm riding on?

Any thoughts guys?

Cheers,
Roy

I have been considering installing 'station announcements' on my Sydney Central & City Circle route.

So far, I've created a html asset and copied the necessary sound (wav.) and thumbnail files to it. Then installed it with the necessary triggers onto a clone of my route and it works.

However the problem is, with so many trains running at the same time, I'm picking up every train hitting a trigger anywhere on the layout.

Am I wasting my time, or is there a way to isolate the sounds only to the train I'm riding on?

Any thoughts guys?

Cheers,
Roy

I have too been wondering about that for Q.R City Train; with the Suburban announcements.

I have too been wondering about that for Q.R City Train; with the Suburban announcements.

I've got these 'on-train' announcements to function and they sound okay, but they all work at the same time. It's a pain hearing chimes coming from all directions of the route, no matter how far away they are placed.

I'd really like to be able to isolate the sounds to just the train I'm driving.

It looks like it would only be suitable if several different sessions were set up with the triggers de-activated on all the other lines.

Running multiple trains seems to throw a spanner in the works.

Any suggestions are welcome,

If anyone is interested I've been able to locate the wav files for the main Sydney suburban stations on this site,... http://goughlui.com/2014/10/04/project-audio-induction-loop-receiver-part-2-sydney-trains-dva-collection/

Cheers,
Roy

Any thoughts guys?

Cheers,
Roy

Have you tried setting your train to one priority and all other trains to another priority, then say if your train is priority one then set the trigger to only pick up priority one trains. That means your train will only activate the the trigger as long as no other ai trains are priority one also. I use this with ATLS crossings and with the freight and passenger trains, and express too.
If you need anymore help let me know. :)

Cheers, Stefan.

Have you tried setting your train to one priority and all other trains to another priority, then say if your train is priority one then set the trigger to only pick up priority one trains. That means your train will only activate the the trigger as long as no other ai trains are priority one also. I use this with ATLS crossings and with the freight and passenger trains, and express too.
If you need anymore help let me know. :)

Cheers, Stefan.

Thanks Stefan for the tip.

You've triggered my mind to another TS12 route that had designated lines. I'd forgotten about it but It was called the "Northeast Metro" by subway_v and he had designated the lines to Blue, Green, Brown, Red, Yellow, Purple and Orange which worked quite effectively. His announcements didn't conflict with any other lines.

After checking his layout I noticed that if it was a Blue session, then all the triggers were removed for all the other coloured lines. In addition, he used the Wait until train is 'not moving' Rule, so that the announcement was made only at the platform. An announcement leading into the station could also be used on the same basis.

Here was me 'triggering' every single station with a conglomeration of sounds from all over the Sydney Central route and all at the same time - it just wasn't going to work this way.

To do it properly, I may have to consider creating separate sessions for each Sydney line;,... or not do it at all.

More things to ponder.
Cheers mate,
Roy

Wow !!

Lovely stuff memeboy. I really like your work - there's no stopping you mate.

Just a thought, will you be including the "NSW Silver Set Destination Signs" on this unit? It's nice to be able to switch destinations in transit using a Driver Command.

Cheers,
Roy

G'day everyone,
Thanks guys for all the positive comments on my WIP route. It's great to hear that it's enjoyable to drive on.

Y144 shunting the Uncle Ben's siding at Wodonga West
fc6178cb4d5fdc49cb1d6abf2fcfa537.jpg

Y144 about to enter the mainline with empty grain wagons, while a pair of 422's scoot past with a goods bound for Melbourne
5276b694f6517b7077a59c9cbe13a9a8.jpg

Heading to Wodonga Coal sidings with empties
29f57176ad28a006940ed395ad1f1467.jpg

L270 and NR112 heading a Sydney bound goods just north of Glenrowan
7338cca77bd9fec4245fcc53e25e0ec6.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Back