Australian screenshots

Roy,

I like that Titanic model. I'm mad about the Olympic Class Liners. :)

Lesley, how do you achieve such realistic lighting? I'm super jealous! haha

Something strange happening here!

Today I was preparing the Sydney Harbour section of my layout for the final merge into the Sydney Central route.

I had two 'route layers' on the Harbour route that I was bringing together and then I saved it.

I closed TANE, then re-opened the route, only to find broken and missing track, as well as, scenery sections totally missing. They were not hidden layers.

I've merged routes together in the past without any problems.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

I'm glad I had created a cdp file of the route beforehand. I was able to delete the broken route, then import my cdp file again, which brought it back completely.

I'm now a little apprehensive before making these merges.

This shot was 'after' merging two layers together - showing missing scenery
b8abeb0401e21b2bda702b0aee969d3e.jpg

This shot was after reinstalling the cdp file - scenery back in place
25c4da7315c2c643e33b9ad6e58fa8ef.jpg

Any ideas?

EDIT: I tried the merge of the two routes, but this time without merging the 'layers' and they are safely tied in together. I'm still a little concerned about the layers.
Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Hi Lachlan,

I started to download your QR Signs into TANE and they all came up as being 'faulty'.
the screenshot was missing for TANE, so edited that and look great.

Can anyone assist please? I downloaded that great map Ambi, but the session is showing as missing one asset, kuid 170283:100300, and when i drive it there is one train stuck with no driver in it.
Any help muchley appreciated here guys, keep up the great work and great screenies.

Hi Roy, merging is having 'issues' in SP2 where it worked near perfectly in SP1. I'd recommend waiting for the hotfix. But if not, make sure your layers are named differently, which should help.
cheers
Graeme

Im having a problem with ambi 170283:100300 did not download, can any one help

Tom

Hey Tom and Bruce,... I've sent a message to Stephen (oldguy )to check his list of session assets, hopefully to identify what it may be. As soon as I know, I'll pass it on.

Graeme,.. good thinking mate. Wait for the Hotfix is the best suggestion.

Progress on my Sydney route,...I have merged both layouts together, (but refrained from merging the layers) and now I'm setting up new sessions. Then the testing process will begin.

Cheers,
Roy

Hey Ryan,

That track could be one of a number, mate. There are thousands of track assets to choose from.

The quickest way to identify it would be to look up the screenshot again to see who posted it. It's a pretty good guess that they would be able to spot it for you.

Cheers,
Roy

very nice every one, i was looking around the shots and found this. if some one could tell me what this track is that would be great as i have been looking every where for it

Cheers. Ryan

Looks like one of the SAM track series - search for username 'samplaire' on the DLS.

Even if it isn't what you're looking for, SAM track looks great and there are many varieties.

G'day all, I've just completed my ARTC NSW Main South - VR North-East route and it should be uploaded to the DLS within a couple of days. Apart from a few Jointed Rail assets, everything else will be on the DLS. I have culled any other assets which were hard to get or non-existent so you guys don't have to go hunting too far.

d9c2e51534bed0f4c8bd27d00f00f7a6.jpg

fd59febc952e4026da396e1210238cb3.jpg

I hope you all enjoy giving it a run
cheers
Graeme

G'day all, I've just completed my ARTC NSW Main South - VR North-East route and it should be uploaded to the DLS within a couple of days. Apart from a few Jointed Rail assets, everything else will be on the DLS. I have culled any other assets which were hard to get or non-existent so you guys don't have to go hunting too far.

I hope you all enjoy giving it a run
cheers
Graeme

Wonderful stuff Graeme. There are heaps of people who are looking forward to your route, including myself.

Also guys, for those who were looking for the unknown asset on oldguy's Layout #1 - Ambi- session. This happened to be a default session kuid.

It's straight forward, just open the Session to edit, delete all missing and unknown assets from the Main Menu and re-save. You won't be able to save under the original kuid, but it will save under your own ID. The session stays intact, it shows as modified and with no missing kuids. It runs sweet.

Cheers,
Roy

Great Stuff Graeme...will definitely seek it out.

Blue Mountains Line v 2 is also nearing completion, rebuilding the cat is so time consuming.

Val.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a small one from me as i'm still trying to get the hang of the new putor,
f8405cec2aa62313aebaab426dde521f.jpg

Anyone able to help me with a kuid of mine please <kuid:287284:100125> i only need to know what this is as i probably have it sum wheres and only need to know what it is as I've lost a lot of my old crap and would like to start a bit of a clean up of what i do have left.
Cheers Mick.

Back