Australian screenshots

On a cold and foggy winters morning in Bairnsdale, the Up Gippslander has the green signal to depart from the platform whilst the unusual combo of a flattop T and Y wait in the yard for their crew to continue their journey through to Orbost.
befa257ec67ad37bbb5e68de9f8195c1.jpg

Taken from the doorstep of the house my Dad grew up in (no wonder how he got an interest in trains with this view!) we see T329 and an unidentified Y coasting downhill out of Bairnsdale on their way to Orbost, approaching the Mitchell River bridge.
0a5a7ffd7a85df8dd6758785b9f22d6f.jpg

Nice work Tom i'm sure the old man would be proud of those pic's, Did i make the Y too tall or did you make the T too short the Y kinda looks a bit too tall in that last pic.
Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
Thanks Mick! Funny you say that about the Y actually, was thinking the same thing myself :p It sits a little high against Zecs T class as well so I might lower the whole thing (sits high on the bogies as well). The model is the right size, just have to lower the whole thing.

Thanks Mick! Funny you say that about the Y actually, was thinking the same thing myself :p It sits a little high against Zecs T class as well so I might lower the whole thing (sits high on the bogies as well). The model is the right size, just have to lower the whole thing.

Now that ya mention the bogie's that would be why it is too high, For memory i didn't have the proper ones and just used what ever i could find. Nice work anyways mate.
Cheers Mick.

Nice work David i see this loco every now and then when i drive past Ettamogah i read over at Railpage he is also supposed to be getting other locos there now like a X Class i think as well.
Cheers Mick.

Nice work David i see this loco every now and then when i drive past Ettamogah i read over at Railpage he is also supposed to be getting other locos there now like a X Class i think as well.
Cheers Mick.

Thanks Mick! Pretty much done on it now, few little things to change. Was a tricky one with the logos, had to make then out of the VR wings. Then there is the picture of the horse rider on the side! Had to find a decent picture to see what was written underneath. Really like this livery.
You are correct about them getting more locos, all the stored H/P/T/Y's that were stored in Melbourne are at Seymour for Ettamogah as well. Then the X's. I'm sure if they do come out in that livery too we could cater for them ��

Pretty sure Tommy has a mesh of the Y without the fans on the hood David which is what the Ettamogah one is based on ?, I only put them on there for the V/Line version i think. You need to get ya self a copy of 3ds Max David and get into this content creation caper and hopefully you'd be quicker then me :hehe:. Azza has sum nice stuff on the way including a AN Open Wagon for steel traffic check out his Thread over at Victrainz next time ya there.
Cheers Mick.

Pretty sure Tommy has a mesh of the Y without the fans on the hood David which is what the Ettamogah one is based on ?, I only put them on there for the V/Line version i think. You need to get ya self a copy of 3ds Max David and get into this content creation caper and hopefully you'd be quicker then me :hehe:. Azza has sum nice stuff on the way including a AN Open Wagon for steel traffic check out his Thread over at Victrainz next time ya there.
Cheers Mick.

Yeah I will have to give it a go, Is 3ds Max 2012 alright to use ?
I'll have to find some tutorials, defiantly want to start getting into creating some stuff. I am alright at the skinning ;)

Cheers
David

Better post a couple of pic's since half this page contains my rambling on's LOL
3b8a40f235daf0bce165e42cb79b2c67.jpg

350e0eb8d19e958e8386e05f69372376.jpg

Yeah I will have to give it a go, Is 3ds Max 2012 alright to use ?
I'll have to find some tutorials, defiantly want to start getting into creating some stuff. I am alright at the skinning ;)

Cheers
David
2012 is what i'm using David and if you ever need a hand then ya know how to get in touch, Be great too see another Aussie creator in here. Although i can only teach you what i know which isn't all that much :hehe:.
Cheers Mick.

A couple from my route in TANE - Looking towards the Port.

To the left is the Main line to the "Melbourne Portal" and on the right the track into the City Station.

Cheers
David

Looks great David :) Got around to fixing the Y...The older versions so far at least.
A flattop T and Y depart the yard with a small up goods at Orbost on a fine Summer's morning...
8e90139d0a81a8c06deaeba5e26c1393.jpg

Another shot further up the line overlooking the flood plains of Orbost...
2e4b1fb8efe5e69520c5d22cf8fbe8e0.jpg

Hawkesbury-River-Bridge.jpg

This is a sample of my route from Hornsby-Wyong in TANE. I have been working on and off on it for several years however am currently devoting a lot of effort to it. It will be set in 1960 just after electrification to Gosford however with semaphore signals north of Gosford. A MASSIVE thanks to Ghosty for supplying numerous track diagrams which have enabled me to recreate the yards at the stations as they were at the time. I'll post some more shots as work progresses.

Kind regards

Mark

Back