Australian screenshots

That water is looking pretty spectacular Roy!
Maybe just a shade darker?

Thanks Rex,

It's funny how we can conjure up an image in our mind of what we believe is right. Depending on the sky, which also has an influence on the colour of the water, it is actually bluer (or blacker) than what I thought was greener.

When we were down in Sydney last May, a lunchtime harbour cruise gave me the inspiration to push my route a little bit further. Here's a shot near the Maritime Museum in Pyrmont and the colour of water I'm trying to achieve. It's always good to back things up with a photo.

0a35464d5588ccba2ccfe94abbec263b.jpg

I'll just keep testing until I get it.

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
G'day all,
I've been working on detailing the middle part of the main south route, installing crossings, cars, people and industrial stuff for a change.
Railcar heading to the platform at Wagga Wagga for a 7am departure to Tumbarumba
73dcba6a254e36c208bdfca84e808664.jpg

Ready to depart
0a27036bcc0efcdbdcb138bc2f916078.jpg

On the Tumbarumba branch, just past the loco depot
819030a619b99ea491695ef294a0c7ca.jpg

Light engine from Benalla passing the Alumatta speedway
882c4f599a8d4383ac517ac6975fb4fd.jpg

At Alumatta ready to shunt the siding and take loaded wagons to Wangaratta for pickup
f4f38ec896c67773782df8cf10da44b2.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it.

Graeme : Love the railcars at Tumbarumba mate - been there once.

I've made a few adjustments to the water and it's getting closer to where I want it.

After running this small video around Lavender Bay I also picked up a few tips about positioning your camera, particularly if you've got heaps of assets in full view. In the video, I sat back further from the ferry which means there is more for the camera to process and of course it does not render as you'd like. This is what I like about testing,... sometimes you learn something new. So the video is not meant to be perfect but a training exercise.

Cheers,
Roy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j26UCNGPqsk&feature=youtu.be

An aerial shot of the Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron at Kirribilli.
Er,.. most of the yachts are not at home, they are out enjoying themselves.
78f380057455ca03b47d72d6c6433592.jpg

I might stick with this water colour, otherwise I might not get to sleep tonight. lol
Cheers,
Roy

Afternoon,

I am pleased to announce the release the first set of my QR Sign Pack, which includes the following. The textures are done by you'res truly :) .

90s Ticket Vending Machine Sign - Completed
90s Carpark Sign - Completed
2010s Carpark Sign - 99% Done

Left - 2010 (WIP - Playing with text colours) Right - 1990s Completed
aa7fe42aa31d704fbf4028e6473bfb39.png

Regards,
Lachlan

Thankyou so much Roy it really helped me. It's a bummer that TS12 has its limits with the route. By any chance do you know a big route that I can download and play on for a while?

Hey Roy, just stumbles across your Erskinville to Martin place session on You Tube....geez its really neat. Makes me wonder what the hell I have to do to get anywhere close to that. Maybe if I ask nicely you might let me know the underground track/stations you use..much better than the one I have laid.
Congrats.

Val.

Last edited:
Thankyou so much Roy it really helped me. It's a bummer that TS12 has its limits with the route. By any chance do you know a big route that I can download and play on for a while?

It's difficult for me to say mate. I don't know the specs of your computer or its limitations. To run that particular route you may need to upgrade your PC. I wouldn't be looking for huge routes to play. You can get great enjoyment out of smaller routes.

I have a desktop gaming CPU running 32GB RAM with a 8GB GeForce GTX 1070 graphics driver, so I don't have any problems running TANE or any earlier versions of Trainz.

Cheers,
Roy

Hey Roy, just stumbles across your Erskinville to Martin place session on You Tube....geez its really neat. Makes me wonder what the hell I have to do to get anywhere close to that. Maybe if I ask nicely you might let me know the underground track/stations you use..much better than the one I have laid.
Congrats.

Val.

Hi Val, Thanks for the comments mate.

If you've got my Sydney Central & City Circle route, then you'll have all the details and components of the underground stations. Each one was built from scratch.

The only single station was the one I called Erskineville Station - <kuid2:156702:264:1> Station2T SplitLevel CtrlPlat

Cheers,
Roy

Hey Roy, Thankyou so much for helping me. I should off thought of what game I should of gotten. I have a Mac and so I think thats one of the reasons it doesn't work. Would getting TANE be a good Idea to get on a Mac computer or should I just keep having fun on Trainz 2? Once again thanks so much for your help Roy. There will be some soon screenshots from me.

Hey Roy, Thankyou so much for helping me. I should off thought of what game I should of gotten. I have a Mac and so I think thats one of the reasons it doesn't work. Would getting TANE be a good Idea to get on a Mac computer or should I just keep having fun on Trainz 2? Once again thanks so much for your help Roy. There will be some soon screenshots from me.

Hi Campbell,

It's not for me to suggest what you should or should not do, mate.

I don't know your circumstances which is private stuff. You need to make those type of decisions or maybe with your family.

I've only used a Mac i-Pad,... and it really wasn't what I was looking for.

Because I'm retired and had sufficient money in the bank, I opted for a Windows desktop with all the trimmings and that now suits me.

If you can't afford a computer that will drive the high demands that TANE requires, then have fun on smaller routes until your circumstances change.

Cheers,
Roy

Hi Val, Thanks for the comments mate.

If you've got my Sydney Central & City Circle route, then you'll have all the details and components of the underground stations. Each one was built from scratch.

The only single station was the one I called Erskineville Station - <kuid2:156702:264:1> Station2T SplitLevel CtrlPlat

Cheers,
Roy

Looked on the download content folder and cant find that route. Is it under another name, I mean other than Sydney Central etc as you posted here? BTW I have now subscribed to you You Tube feed. Expect some comments haha...

Val.

Looked on the download content folder and cant find that route. Is it under another name, I mean other than Sydney Central etc as you posted here? BTW I have now subscribed to you You Tube feed. Expect some comments haha...

Val.

Hi Val,

I thought you had my Sydney Central route - It's not on the DLS, but I can send it to you. PM me with your email address and I'll forward it.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Evening ALL,

A small preview shot of my Pinkenba Line. Presented is alby6's EMU next to my custom built Eagle Farm Railway Station.

9ed4426b3c1d79fca13c4533f068a7bf.png

Regards,
Lachlan

Lachlan.

I have just the place for the Eagle Farm Station building .

You can just drop it in place on my Brisbane City Tramway Route , just waiting for it !

NormP.

Back