Australian screenshots

The current screenshot competition theme is 'Restoration'. My entry...

Lachlan Valley Railway (LVR) Cowra NSW (Australia), restoration of 3026
LVR%2C-Cowra-NSW.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies for being a thread hog (again). I have been a very busy Trainzer.

I am currently working on a project which has quite a few cuttings (more details soon). Following a lead in this thread from a couple of days ago I have been playing with Dangavel's cliff splines and various textures. After a lot of experimenting I am pretty happy with this look....

Playing-with-cuttings.jpg

Monteagle-NSW.jpg

Somewhere in southern NSW.

Last edited:
Coming Soon to a DLS near you - The NSWGR HUB set = The Orginal Newcastle Express Train set (The Newcastle Flyer)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Great Idea Footplate Phil bein doing the same with North Coast in TS12, Also thought the Signals on my Valley Western looked a bit to clean and replaced them with the Dirty NSW Colour lights as a 2nd version

Tom

Apologies for being a thread hog (again). I have been a very busy Trainzer.

I am currently working on a project which has quite a few cuttings (more details soon). Following a lead in this thread from a couple of days ago I have been playing with Dangavel's cliff splines and various textures. After a lot of experimenting I am pretty happy with this look....
Somewhere in southern NSW.

Phil, You've nailed it with the cuttings mate. Dangavel's textures and splines are very useful.

Keep up the great work.
Cheers,
Roy

Phil, You've nailed it with the cuttings mate. Dangavel's textures and splines are very useful.

Keep up the great work.
Cheers,
Roy

Thanks Roy. And thanks to you and Graeme for the tip. Its always fun exploring new techniques. This is also the first time I've had to worry about merging the new PBR textures in with the older textures seamlessly.

No doubt there will be more screenies to come, when I have made a bit more progress.

Phil

Stunning shot there David. The Liebherr construction vehicle is that payware? Or that available on CM?

I spose that must be a drivable vehicle since it got a wheel flange that guides on the rail. Fascinating insight on construction vehicles should add that on my model railway route.

Regards,
Ranciderwrich

Last edited:
I wasn't happy with some of the platform buildings at Redfern Station, so I've been re-doing them again. Just when I think I've got the right textures in place, someone sends me a better one.
The waiting room on platform 1. This was the original Eveleigh Station before it was re-named Redfern. AND, before Central Station was built, Eveleigh was the terminus for the western and southern lines.
screen-red4.jpg

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this building with 6 windows was probably a parcels/ticketing office. Initially, entry to the platform was from the southern end until the Lawson St bridge was constructed in 1891.
screen-Red-3.jpg

The smaller 2 window building toward the middle of the platform could also have been used for parcels/storage.

Anyhow, have a Winfield,... and back to the drawing board.
Cheers,
Roy

Stunning shot there David. The Liebherr construction vehicle is that payware? Or that available on CM?

I spose that must be a drivable vehicle since it got a wheel flange that guides on the rail. Fascinating insight on construction vehicles should add that on my model railway route.

Regards,
Ranciderwrich

its available on RRmods.

cheers ryan

Regards,
Ranciderwrich

Hi,

Thanks!

The Liebherr Excavator is available on the DLS and is a static model only.

<kuid:404575:100455> Liebherr Zweiwegebagger A900 (statisch 1)
<kuid:404575:100450> Liebherr Zweiwegebagger A900 (statisch 2)
<kuid:404575:100454> Liebherr Zweiwegebagger A900 (statisch 3)

Cheers
David

Quote; I know the post was 7 years ago but I do need to ask: do you remember where you got that bus?

That is one I made and never released and I don't have the 3Dmax files anymore.
Cheers,
Bill.

Loco hauled passenger only services were very rare on the two Cowra branchlines. Rail cars, or a single carriage on a mixed goods trains were more usual. I have seen a photo somewhere of an historical excursion train at Grenfell station, but I haven't been able to find it this morning. I cannot remember its configuration, or the occasion it was celebrating. Might have been a LVR (Lachlan Valley Railway) special.

I stumbled across the tour train image I was thinking of....

4876 at Grenfell ready for the departure of an ARHS special on 6 November 1982. The consist comprises TBC and RBX sitting cars, and an NVGA van. Reference "Lines to the Lachlan" 2nd Ed., Lawrance Ryan, page 186. It falls somewhat short of the glamour of normharts (post #35359) :D

4876-at-Grenfell-ready-for-the-departure-of--an-ARHS--special-on-6-November-1982.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of local transportation, McCafferty's Bus Services from Toowoomba.

Cheers,

Bill.

OOH, I'm interested with this model. Pm me. :)

Good vegetation and clean route Phil. How many trains and/or towers you running?

(R) Randwich Workstation Ltd

Last edited:
How many trains and/or towers you running?

(R) Randwich Workstation Ltd

Thanks for your comments.

I run about 10-12 trains in my AI controlled test sessions (see my WeddinNSW V4 'Watch the Trains' session, which is a near match for my test session). About 7 are actually active at any one time. This is probably more intensive than the prototype, even in its heyday, where maybe three to five consists and a trike might be running at the same time across the whole 170km (3 branch lines) route at any one time.

Towers? I did try and get my head around them at one point, but even with 7 simultaneously active consists I have not really found a need for Interlocking Towers. Mine is a simple route... I know others find them usefull.

Last edited:
I stumbled across the tour train image I was thinking of....

4876 at Grenfell ready for the departure of an ARHS special on 6 November 1982. The consist comprises TBC and RBX sitting cars, and an NVGA van. Reference "Lines to the Lachlan" 2nd Ed., Lawrance Ryan, page 186. It falls somewhat short of the glamour of normharts (post #35359) :D

<snip>

Glamour is it?

As for trikes

<kuid2:70337:10002:1> velocipede by martinvk on the DLS, quite old and needs a tuneup but does still work (after a fashion). :D

Back