Australian screenshots

Very much a work in progress, a quick shot of a train about to arrive at Townsville station circa 1940's with a view to (much later) WW2 sessions amongst others.

Arriving-Townsville-Railway-Station-circa-1940.jpg

Bluff-Rock-near-Tenterfield-NSW.jpg

Bluff Rock near Tenterfield NSW.
Near vertical rock face created by TransDEM using 5M DEM files.
PG

Last edited:
Some great screenshots everyone!

Well I'm happy to announce that the NSW NDFF Ballast Hoppers are now ready for release. They are designed for T:ANE SP3 & above.
They have been uploaded to the DLS and are currently awaiting approval so should be available soon.

They are not 100% perfect but I am pretty happy with them as they are my first ever wagon created in Blender, and I want to start focusing on my other Trainz projects.

I would like to thank Scott Sashmo
(aka Ghostryder), David Melling
(aka Trainfan2017), and Bradly Coulter for providing many detail photo's of the hoppers to assist me in building these.

I would like to also like to thank Stefan Mizza
(aka Stefmiz) and Hiyo for their great support and patience with me whilst I was learning Blender. (Transitioning from Gmax was certainly a learning curve!)

Thanks to Tom Gavin
(aka Lesley) for providing photo's for the ballast load texture, as well as assisting with fixing faults during beta testing.

And finally a big thank-you to the other guys from AusTrainz
for their encouragement and support, and also to my beta testers who provided feedback.

(If I have forgotten to thank anyone else I apologize!
1f642.png
.)

FzgNyl.jpg

FzgvZ7.jpg

FzgkjS.jpg

Fzgeu2.jpg

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited:
Very nice shots everyone, great hoppers Matt and very nice locos Hiyo. I downloaded them but haven't had a chance to play with them as yet, I'm laid up in hospital for at least another 10 days doing a battery of cardio tests to make sure my heart can take a gallbladder removal. :eek:
It's boring when you can't build, so post plenty of shots guys
cheers
Graeme

Very nice shots everyone, great hoppers Matt and very nice locos Hiyo. I downloaded them but haven't had a chance to play with them as yet, I'm laid up in hospital for at least another 10 days doing a battery of cardio tests to make sure my heart can take a gallbladder removal. :eek:
It's boring when you can't build, so post plenty of shots guys
cheers
Graeme

So sorry to hear this Graeme. I just hope everything goes well for you.

We are all pulling for you - Hang in there mate!!

Cheers,
Roy

Hoping the best for you Graeme. If you hve been through what I went through with my Gall Bladder, you will be glad to be rid of it. Best wishes that everything goes well!

Grazlash
I kinda know how your gonna be feeling. In the dying days of last year i underwent bypass surgery, In the beginning of my recovery i just drove over the routes i was working on making lists of what i saw needed to be done. but eventually i started back in taking small steps of fixing issues i found or just changing items of content before slowly picking up the pace to actually working on the maps fully. If it hadnt been for the maps i was working on would have made recovery even more tedious and drawn out. Good luck speedy recovery.

All the very best Graeme, may you recover well in health and a stable recovery.

Something, I have been working on as part of QR City Train Project; North Coast Railway from Northgate to Gympie North. I have created a custom Traveston Railway Station with complimentary 'Blue Era' Sign with various sub-version depending on the time period. This is also reflected from imagery from Traveston from the 1980s until 2011 prior to restoration.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Tale Of Two Travestons - 1980 to 1992 and 1993 to 2011.

I simply reworked my standard waiting shelter mesh, and incorporate notes/measurements taken back in 2011 prior to rebuilding and restoration. Well before my content creation skills were available, but always knew they would come in handy one day when I created the building.

Thanks
Mich

Well, that was interesting to say the least. I'm back home after a week in hospital and still have a gallbladder. :eek: Even after a battery of tests, the hospital wouldn't operate because they have no cardiologists. Managing with medication for now and a trip to Melbourne next time.
Anyway, there's not much else to do for a little while but play Trainz. :D
Thank you again for the support while I was being used as a pincushion.

cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Back