Page 2301 of 2427 FirstFirst ... 1301180122012251229122992300230123022303231123512401 ... LastLast
Results 34,501 to 34,515 of 36402

Thread: Australian screenshots

Lovely shot Aaron, looks like you've been busy already. You might try tunnel track under the loco, as suggested by Azervich when I posted the shot of the ARHS Museum at Williamstown.
    Keep at it Roy, perserverence and a beer whilst in contemplation is the key, just not too much contemplation. A thought did occur to me that the grid may not match up with the track, i.e. old track which bends sharply when away from the highest detail LOD and using 5m grid under it.
    Grenfell station looks a work of art Phil and great shots too.
    Looking good Azza. It does look very similar to a 442 class.

The Intercapital Daylight around The Rock, on my ARTC Main South route on the DLS

cheers
    Graeme

Graeme, those water reflections shots looks so realistic. Eye candy . You have to put one of them up for screen shot of the week competition - maybe the last. (But please, not this week, up against my entry !!)
    Last edited by FootplatePhil; January 2nd, 2019 at 03:27 PM.
    Phil
    "WeddinNSW: South lines to the Lachlan" now available on the DLS. Uses only included and DLS content.

Another one...
    The A Class!

Only took 6 months to get the nose right lmao
    S and Bs to come. Long awaited if you ask me :P

For only the best Australian Trainz DLC:
    austrainz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stefmiz View Post
    Another one...
    The A Class!

Only took 6 months to get the nose right lmao
    S and Bs to come. Long awaited if you ask me :P
    Great news Stefan, the old ones have been ready to be retired for years. Thank you for making them.
    cheers
    Graeme

Happy New Year!

I have been updating the VR Goulburn line to TRS19 standard and here is a shot on the run:

Quote Originally Posted by MarkNolan View Post
    Happy New Year!

I have been updating the VR Goulburn line to TRS19 standard and here is a shot on the run:
    Very nice shot Mark, I'm updating it as well. I'm in the process of texturing the Colbinabbin /Girgarre branch for version 4 which I've already merged in and then generally tarting it up for TRS19. There's almost enough variety of PBR textures to do the job, but we're missing broad gauge PBR protrack. I've been using Samplaire's PBR protracks for standard gauge route renovations. Version 5 of Goulburn Murray will add the Toolamba to Echuca branch. Maybe the next Trainz will be out by then.
    cheers
    Graeme

Graeme,

Yes, I have just done a fairly simple update of textures and Turfx . It seems to run alot better with PBR textures. I have alos modified the signalling somewhat, in most cases to replicate as it was in the semaphore era based on track diagrams. I did have Shepparton yard signalling but cannot find it now, so have used licence to create it as I see fit. I have used alot more signalling than was in use but it allows me to use the full suite of the awesome VR signals. Took about 2 hours to do it though as getting the signals to operate as per turnouts takes tie to position.

I agree about protrack and the lack of VR BG in this reagrd. I actually swapped out for the Spanish Broad gauge on your ARTC line. It's not as good as the VR track but it does have turnouts. Kind of looks pretty average these days without Protrack.

Also let me know if you would like some help "updating" the route to TRS19 standard. In particular I would be quite happy to help get the signalling as accurate as possible. Maybe even do 2 versions: a semaphore era version then a colour light, rationalised version. Feel free to PM further if you like.

Mark

Another shot from the Goulburn Route:

Graeme,

I am missing these assets with Goulburn. Can you help with identifying these?

<kuid2:82100:23990:5>
    <kuid:-3:11062>
    <kuid2:1854:53422:1>
    <kuid2:69038:27115:3>
    <kuid2:1854:53440:1>
    <kuid2:1854:53421:1>
    <kuid2:1854:53420:1>
    <kuid2:1854:53428:1>
    <kuid2:1854:53425:1>
    <kuid2:30671:27396:1>

VR GOULBURN MURRAY LINES V4 WIP
    Tocumwal

Sheepwash Creek

near Strathmerton

Approaching Katunga

cheers
    Graeme

More great shots Graeme. I caught the train (well, CPH anyway) to Tocumwal to and from Narrandera a couple of times when I was younger (mid seventies, years not age). My everlasting memory is of of how crooked the track was. The CPH bounced from side to side, seemingly defying all the laws of physics as it clung to the track. Funny how we model the old track as being straight (I do the same, so as not to have the naysayers criticizing my track laying skills !!!), when actually it was all over the place, just like the crooked track you laid the first time you opened Trainz.
    Last edited by FootplatePhil; January 5th, 2019 at 04:54 AM.
    Phil
    "WeddinNSW: South lines to the Lachlan" now available on the DLS. Uses only included and DLS content.

does anyone know what the error"failed to load child images for xxx.texture file" is?

Quote Originally Posted by ad602000 View Post
    does anyone know what the error"failed to load child images for xxx.texture file" is?
    Doing a search of the forums only comes up with this Pete https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...x.texture+file Hope that helps.
    Cheers Mick.

Look at that reflection in the early morning sunlight! A credit to Zec for his awesome work. Also great fun running along the Goulburn lines in the 50's with a goods train bound for Shepparton.

Quote Originally Posted by FootplatePhil View Post
    More great shots Graeme. I caught the train (well, CPH anyway) to Tocumwal to and from Narrandera a couple of times when I was younger (mid seventies, years not age). My everlasting memory is of of how crooked the track was. The CPH bounced from side to side, seemingly defying all the laws of physics as it clung to the track. Funny how we model the old track as being straight (I do the same, so as not to have the naysayers criticizing my track laying skills !!!), when actually it was all over the place, just like the crooked track you laid the first time you opened Trainz.
    Thanks Phil, it couldn't be any worse than the track from Ouyen to Cowangie on the Pinnaroo branch. That was laid as steel sleepers on sand and twice a week a gypsum train consisting of about 10 GY wagons hauled by a Y class made the trip very slowly. Think of the worst track you've ever seen on youtube and youre almost there.
    cheers
    Graeme