Page 2289 of 2427 FirstFirst ... 1289178921892239227922872288228922902291229923392389 ... LastLast
Results 34,321 to 34,335 of 36402

Thread: Australian screenshots

Soooo good Graeme.

TRS19 just brings it all together so naturally. Great shots mate.

Cheers,
    Roy

Here's one in TANE from my WIP. Remember this is 1950s - not today.

Cheers,
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    Phil,

I agree with Axe - You started building 'WeddinNSW' because you had an inbuilt passion for that particular layout. I can understand that. I have started some layouts and even put them aside because I had a greater passion to build something better.

All route-builders start from scratch with just a few basic ideas. Then add to their layout as new things appear. A little more research can cause you to toss it aside and do it better. I'm now up to Version 5 of my Sydney route, which has a totally different theme to the earlier versions. I intend to make this one the best I can do. Maybe it will appeal to people or maybe it won't. It doesn't matter because I am having fun doing it.

Whatever it looks like, well it's just as "I" see it. I'm really doing this for myself, but I am happy to share what I've done with those who are interested. When I released the 'first' edition there were only 8 people on the list. So I made it a point to share as many screenshots on the 'Aussie' thread then made a few 3min Youtube videos; and the number blew out. Even today, I get emails from people who saw some of those videos wanting my route.

Remember just because you don't get an instant response, is no true indication of where everyone might be. People are sometimes too busy or they go on holidays - Whenever I went on overseas trips it was for at least two months at a time. I didn't do much with Trainz when that happened.

Hang in there mate. Just focus on making your route the best you can make it.

On this Forum, we all show appreciation for each others work. How could you not, particularly sharing in this wonderful hobby.

Cheers,
    Roy
    Thanks for your thoughts Roy and Axe, and you are right. My main motivation is always the enjoyment I get out of building. As you know, it takes a fair bit of work to get things tidied up for upload to the DLS, and sometimes I'm not sure if that side of things is worthwhile (it reminds me a bit too much of debugging and documenting code for production release, which I spent the best part of 40 years doing. Always preferred the coding). Hence I'm thinking I wont both with another TANE release of Weddin, but will hold off for TRS2019.

Apologies to everyone else for taking this off topic. So....

48 class out of Wirega. Time to move the sheep to another paddock, they've eaten this one almost bare.
    Phil
    "WeddinNSW: South lines to the Lachlan" now available on the DLS. Uses only included and DLS content.

Spotted an empty VAOG wagon movement up near Beerburrum yesterday:

That's a great shot you got there Mark!!

Nice shot there Mark. I notice the train is travelling in reverse. lol.

Cheers mate,
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by alby6 View Post
    That's a great shot you got there Mark!!
    How are things Bruce? It's nice to see your name pop up. What have you been working on lately?

Cheers mate,
    Roy

Thanks all,

Here are some more: Really show off TRS19 and PBR on the new PB15:

Hey Graeme,

On your Shepparton route I come across Tocumwal when I was exploring the route as their are many lines and haven't looked at them all yet, however I was just wondering which era does your this area model? I remember years ago on Facebook someone posted some photos about 3 or 4 years ago, might have been 60's or 70's and the photo had more tracks behind the station with it being Platform 1 and Platform 2, I suspect the tracks where removed when passenger trains stopped, not sure when that was, probably late 70's when most where closed to passengers.

Cheers.

Gday Aaron, Tocumwal isn't really prototypical, although it is based off a track diagram, late 70s from memory. Anyway it was after the Narranderra line closed.
    I've tried to make it a terminal yard.
    cheers
    Graeme

Great screenshots Mark, Aaron, Graeme. Keep it up guys.

I'm saying that, but been a bit slack lately. Here's a few around Darling Harbour in TRS19. I even slipped a VR loco in to see how it would look.

Cheers,
    Roy

Been a little Quiet of late.
    but here is some screenies of a test train MZ1440 MZ1446 in the Feral Ranges

Trainz Sreenshot by Scott S, on Flickr

Trainz Sreenshot by Scott S, on Flickr

QDR Suburban Series Coming Soon.

Blog Entries

It's been awhile...
    Y133 crosses the Pyrenees Highway at the Maryborough Line diversion out of Castlemaine with a Drivers Experience train on the return to Maldon.

Cheers
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Timothetoolman View Post
    It's been awhile...
    Y133 crosses the Pyrenees Highway at the Maryborough Line diversion out of Castlemaine with a Drivers Experience train on the return to Maldon.

Cheers
    Tim
    Nice shot there Tim.

My wife and I enjoyed the steam powered Maldon-Castlemaine run, when we were in Victoria just over a year ago. They had a race against a cycle club to see who would get back to Maldon first. The steamer won.

Cheers,
    Roy

Been working on some of the industrial buildings around White Bay, including the grain silos and loading/unloading facilities.
    Here's a couple of shots.

These are models of the actual buildings in Robert Street adjacent to the power station.

A glimpse of the opposite side of the power station from the White Bay Grain Wharf

Putting together some models that make up the Grain facility at White Bay.

Cheers,
    Roy