Australian screenshots

Why guess? He's already stated that he's doing the Fyansford cement railway :)

As to G42, the only thing that really matches between it and the Fyansford Garratt's is really the boiler. The Fyansford locos, being 3ft6in gauge are a bit bigger, and are a slightly different design. It's possible that you could kitbash the mesh into them, however it's really a heap easier to start them from scratch...

Reason the boiler matches? It was a spare Fyansford Garratt boiler that PBR purchased, and modified slightly to allow it to go onto G42. The boiler is nearly identical to the original, however the main visible difference is the four washout plugs on the top corners of the firebox.

hi all,
been awhile since i've posted anything
been busy fixing busted content
anyhow not long to to go ror the 2011 cane crush to commence

5794836423_5a3b90253a_b.jpg

cheers,
patchy

With some great tracks out there i have been slowly updating my Jacaranda Flats map.

Ode Cologne 4711 leads 4836 and 48165 lead a freight into the grain siding.

44/45/45/45 lead a grain train towards Jacaranda Flats.

Southern Approach to Jacaranda Flats.

A late running WL36 runs through the loop due to an oversized grain train occupying the main.

A departure in true Alco style.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers

Ghosty

Hi all,

I downloaded Forest_Runner's NSWGR Melton Vale earlier. Good route, very nicely done. I liked the texture job so much, i merged it with a module of my own I was struggling to texture. Five minutes later, this is the result:

Still a bit of work to be done, just thought I'd post a progress shot (yet again:eek:) and say Thank You to Forest_Runner, for making what is normally an agonizing 2-3 day exercise, a relatively painless 5 minute exercise.:D:D

I also borrowed a few building placement ideas.

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi Callum, Zec and Bill,

I've taken walks along the Broad Gauge line of Fyansford and the track is in really good condition, no broken sleepers or cracked rails, all the original X'ings, whistle posts still there :)

From all the talk that's been going around Geelong since 2001 there not going to be removing the track, from what I heard a few years ago is there just leaving it there and made a rail trail along side the tracks, as for the Narrow Gauge, Rodney sent me a pile of photo's last night, here's the 2 loco's I think you've been talking about

641128-31JTFyansfordTrip.jpg

641128-33JTFyansfordTrip.jpg

I have started some work on the baseboards for the actual line, I don't have plans to do any major work on it as I have other priorities I'd like to have done first, way I'm building them is TS2010 with SpeedTreez, and building era 1880s-1900s of Geelong-Queenscliff-Gheringhap, these will be built as sections at a time, for now I'm trying to get the meshes all made and setup, tracks, buildings, scenery before I actually get anything done to the route..

I bought a book of ebay other day History of South Geelong - Queenscliff including the light Tramways, 3ft at Queenscliff and 2ft at Cheethams Siding, so excited and can't wait to see whats in it :)

For the rollingstock and loco's I was thinking of paying an expert modeller to make them as it'll be nice to have baked shadows, animated couplers, interior.
If you know anyone that takes commissions let me know.

-Aaron

Last edited:
Zec's waiting list is really long thouhg. I think he has enough on his plate already... and I doubt he accepts bribes :hehe:

Stevo :hehe:

If memory serves me right all of the locos from the Fyansford system were preserved. The garret in the top pic of Aaron's post was moved to the ARHA museum at Williamstown in Melbourne, but the place has been shut down for renevations for over a year now, perhapes 2 years...:(

Cheers
Timo

Aaah, I was wondering where that came from...

...well back to the topic of this thread, heres my first build in 2012...early days yet but never the less...

...Heres an overview...

timothetoolman_20110604_0000-1.jpg

...and here are some shots of shuttles which is currently the only way to get in and out without a turntable... anywho here K103 leading the way in with J527 trailing...

timothetoolman_20110604_0008.jpg

timothetoolman_20110602_0022-2.jpg

...and departing...

timothetoolman_20110604_0020.jpg

timothetoolman_20110604_0027.jpg

timothetoolman_20110604_0022.jpg

...This one will take a while as exams start soon...damn...

Cheers
Stevo

Fyansford stock? Not really my area of interest,sorry guys.

Unfortunately, work has begun on removing the Fyansford line last I read on railpage. Apparently the entire line has had spikes removed in preparation for the track to be lifted :eek:

BTW Stevo, love that K class...

Zec

F178 leads the morning pass service past a set of hand operated gates.

A short distance on, we see the train rolling into the platform, with the rather brightly painted portable...

Zec

Hi all,

I downloaded Forest_Runner's NSWGR Melton Vale earlier. Good route, very nicely done. I liked the texture job so much, i merged it with a module of my own I was struggling to texture.

Still a bit of work to be done, just thought I'd post a progress shot (yet again:eek:) and say Thank You to Forest_Runner, for making what is normally an agonizing 2-3 day exercise, a relatively painless 5 minute exercise.:D:D

I also borrowed a few building placement ideas.

Cheers,

Matt.

I thought it looked odd, and it looked like my texturing was atrocious!! (admittedly it's not my strong point!)... then realised Melton Vale was done on the 10m grid... and looks like it's switched to the 5m grid on your merge with your existing route (hate that effect when it happens).

One of my biggest regrets of my stuff so far is not kicking off with the with the 5m grid :(

I thought it looked odd, and it looked like my texturing was atrocious!! (admittedly it's not my strong point!)... then realised Melton Vale was done on the 10m grid... and looks like it's switched to the 5m grid on your merge with your existing route (hate that effect when it happens).

One of my biggest regrets of my stuff so far is not kicking off with the with the 5m grid :(

Forest, thanks for that. I thought it looked a little odd.

I completely failed to consider the effect the 5metre grid would have.

Just tried a copy/paste off Melton Vale on a new board with 10m grid:

The left of mouse pointer is 5 metre grid, and the right is 10 metre. The difference is slight, but it is there.

Sorry, didn't mean to diminish your work in any way.

Matt.

Yay! now I can put these up :D

Starting with what one person described as 'The best shot I've ever seen from trainz'...

desktop.jpg

timothetoolman_20110605_0011.jpg

timothetoolman_20110605_0037.jpg

timothetoolman_20110605_0042.jpg

timothetoolman_20110605_0043.jpg

timothetoolman_20110605_0050.jpg

timothetoolman_20110605_0053.jpg

...Anyway as you can tell I've been working on weathered K's this weekend...

...here they all are...

timothetoolman_20110605_0056.jpg

Hope you like 'em :D

Cheers
Stevo

Back