Australian screenshots

Not from me. I believe tommyg/lesley (same user) did a set, but they aren't on the DLS, not sure if he re-uploaded them to the VicTrainz site or not either.

Zec

Certainly did, you can find them, as well as the high nose T and Y in the beta section of the VicTrainz forums.

Tom :)

so duplicating a route whilst working for QR can earn you the sack? Thats rather... well, I dunno if theres words for that! I suppose its like a copyright breaching in a way... But if everyone is riding the rails on the CityTrain network, then it does seem a little rediculous...
________
FERRARI F50 GT HISTORY

Last edited:
Thanks Mitchey, Scottling & Ausrail8040.

Scottling, I've been working on this since I got TRS06 (sometime in 2006) & only have Northgate-Caboolture to go.

As I work for QR, I am unable to share this route. Remember when a guy came onto this forum a while ago boldly proclaiming he was now a railway employee & was offering to share QR info to anyone who asked? You may also remember I told him where he'll end up if he did that - not in QR.

Ryan

Ryan
You do not have to make up excuses not to share ;)
Many people in Trainz don't share, we know not why.

If you are worried about what your boss will do. Simply prepare a submission and make it available to your superior officer, explain the things that worry you, and seek permission to upload the route to the community.
It is done all the time ;)
Cheers
Rod

I also work for qr and have taken photos of our trucks etc for skinning content etc which is now on the dls. I've never thought whether it would come back to bite me.....

Can't see a problem.....

Regarding the use of QR track layouts, I obtained the plans for the Ipswich Railway Workshops from the QR archives, for the sole purpose of recreating it for the Trainz simulator.
The only thing I had to sign was a declaration not to resell the drawings or use it for commercial uses.
They even allowed me to take photo's of buildings and surrounds.
(The workshops layout is on the DLS.)

You should be able to get all the info from Google Earth in any case.

My 2c worth Oops 5c worth (inflation) :hehe:

Cheers,

Bill.

I agree. I thought it was a little perculiar at first. After all, Auran has already copied the 2100 and Lander Coaches plus more... surely a route won't matter? Unless its a safety reason, what with terror threats these days and all...

What has the world come to...

Just my thoughts,
Mitch
________
Carol

Last edited:
What has the world come to...
Mitch

Correct Mitchey, what has the world come to? I don't know what it's come to, but that's exactly what it's come to. I'm not going to go into the umpteenth degree of why I can not release it, average Joe Public doesn't need to know, that's just the way it is. I'm not going to put my livelihood at risk for a game. Trainz won't pay the bills.

As I said last time, I didn't put the screenshots up to advertise a future release, I put them up because:-

- it's a screenshots thread, not a freeware/payware announcements thread; - I'm proud of my work;
- people seemed to like what I have done;
- I appreciate the work of the content creators who are willing to share stuff;
- Because I wanted to prove that I'm not all talk and can actually do things on Trainz after all the questions I've posted over time (and my reply to "the Commissioner" a few weeks ago), and;
- maybe others will get construction ideas like I have with other people's screenshots.

Keep in mind that the guy creating the V set got a bit frustrated at people just expecting to own a set by threatening to never release it. Fine I say, he created it, he can do whatever he wants with it, without feeling obliged to give it to others. Maybe he has a work issue himself, maybe not, it's HIS reason, nothing we have the right to know. END OF STORY.

Now, do you all want me and my pictures to p*ss off, or do you want me to keep trying - without being called selfish, or a BS artist?

Ryan

Ryan,

We ALL appreciate your work, and I don't recall anyone calling you a BS artist. We do obviously enjoy your screenshots, and it is obviously up to you what you want to do with them, we were all just curious as to why the Railways would oppose, well, railways?

Thats all.

I guess someone else will have to create Brisbane for release... :eek:

Cheers!
Mitch
________
Wiki

Last edited:
all
ryan has expressed his concerns and reasons for why he cant share his route. i agree it is shame that it cant be shared but we have to respect ryans decision not to share it and we have to move on.

Ryan
dont feel bad about the stance you have had to take, you are doing what you feel is the right thing, please feel free to continue to share your screenshots with us the work u show is amazing. i will send you a pm about a couple of things.

cheers

ghosty

Glad I dont work for QR :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
No One is giving you a hard time Ryan
I show alot of stuff I have never bothered to finish and release for many reasons....So everyone calm down or I will tell the Commisioner .............:p

Glad I dont work for QR :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
No One is giving you a hard time Ryan
I show alot of stuff I have never bothered to finish and release for many reasons....So everyone calm down or I will tell the Commisioner .............:p

NOOOOOOOOO:eek: :eek: ANYTHING BUT THAT DREDDY. I'LL EVEN GO THREE ROUNDS WITH THE JUDGE.
Glen

[snip]
Keep in mind that the guy creating the V set got a bit frustrated at people just expecting to own a set by threatening to never release it.
[snip]

Can't believe I said that ....must have been having a shocker that day :confused:

Screen_828.jpg

Screen_834.jpg

Some shots from the ZR workshops...

Tonight saw a rather interesting congregation of ZR locos at the workshops (currently also being used for general loco housing until more facilities are made available...).

First off we see T368 and A2 964 sitting at the water towers. The T was filling up a pair of WT (water tank) wagons prior to running a good service, whilst the A2 was waiting to head out on a passenger service.

Another view of the loco area, showing K103, S301, a V class and T368.

And of course a show of K103, S301 and the V class at the coal stage. Almost immediately after this photo the T class was used to pull the K and S forward into the headshunt so they could go back into the shed. As the ash pit is near the coal stage, the steamers often need to be pulled forward by a diesel prior to being shunted back into the sheds.

Zec

Back