Australian screenshots

Western Australia's narrow gauge DB Class

49686425536_13729c315d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Bullenbung Creek 1950s

Been overfocused on the route and scenes, I've realised the lighting I've shown has just been awful.

Sure it's not perfect right now, but I think it's a tenfold improvement (vs banner pic!!)

mObUTN7.jpg

zkhPDBv.jpg

o483lsv.jpg

G'day guys,

I am nearing completion on the N's. Due to the disbanding of ATD and formation of AusTrainz, everything of mine will be released through the Download Station so it can be easily downloaded and used as well in multiplayer.

The model shown below is the Series 2, as delivered.

lXZEJ0I
lXZEJ0I.png

Thanks.

The big green slug is back

LOCOMOTIVE 3801 REVEALED! ����At 11.00am today, we were due to be proudly celebrating the return to service of 3801 at a special relaunch ceremony at Sydney’s Central Station. �� Whilst recent global events have prevented the ceremony, our team have worked hard to finish the locomotive and we’re all very proud to reveal it to you digitally today! ��
A big congratulations to all our volunteers and staff who have contributed to this project over many years. ��
3801 - a legend of steam - earned its status as a national icon against often challenging circumstances. Its' original entry to service in 1943 occurred under the cloud of World War II, and the resultant supply-chain interruptions and economic-austerity measures.
Nevertheless, when the locomotive steamed out of the workshops and triumphantly onto the NSW rail network, it changed express train travel for decades and captured the imagination of a whole generation of people.
For now, locomotive 3801 will be socially isolating like the rest of us, but it will be here after this crisis passes . . . and we can’t wait to bring it to you then.
⚠️ Please remember ⚠️
The NSW Rail Museum is temporarily closed until further notice. Please do not travel to Thirlmere to attempt to see 3801 as it won't be publicly accessible or visible.

Stay safe everyone!

Zig Zag Railway Intentions TS2019

G,day, due to my school and work being called off (Wonder Why!), I've decided celebrate the incoming reopening of the Zig Zag by designing a newer rendition of the Zig Zag Railway in TS2019.

It sounds ambitious, however I'm confident in the use of the Surveyor (designer) within TS2019 and have had experience with similar renditions throughout previous games for many many years. I'm looking for any content: (Locos, Trackside Misc, Flora, Rails, Rolling Stock etc, that feature or run on this historical line, majority of the rolling and stock and locos being QR and WAGR in 3ft 6inches or Medium Gauge). Although supplied with some rolling stock and locos of the 3ft 6inch range from the Warrick to Wallangarra DLC, I'd like to get as close and if not on point with the accuracy. I have seen a QR DD17 lingering around on this thread and I'd love to see that going on my layout soon! Also I'm looking for more detailed or a wider range of coaches, locos and other rolling stock. I'm not experienced in making buildings or locos however I'd be willing to learn to do so as this line does have some unique structures and locos.

I have a screenshot of Clarence that I've just about completed, I don't know how to put screenshots on this post otherwise I'd do it!

Cheers for your help and advice in advance!

Last edited:
G,day, due to my school and work being called off (Wonder Why!), I've decided celebrate the incoming reopening of the Zig Zag by designing a newer rendition of the Zig Zag Railway in TS2019.

It sounds ambitious, however I'm confident in the use of the Surveyor (designer) within TS2019 and have had experience with similar renditions throughout previous games for many many years. I'm looking for any content: (Locos, Trackside Misc, Flora, Rails, Rolling Stock etc, that feature or run on this historical line, majority of the rolling and stock and locos being QR and WAGR in 3ft 6inches or Medium Gauge). Although supplied with some rolling stock and locos of the 3ft 6inch range from the Warrick to Wallangarra DLC, I'd like to get as close and if not on point with the accuracy. I have seen a QR DD17 lingering around on this thread and I'd love to see that going on my layout soon! Also I'm looking for more detailed or a wider range of coaches, locos and other rolling stock. I'm not experienced in making buildings or locos however I'd be willing to learn to do so as this line does have some unique structures and locos.

I have a screenshot of Clarence that I've just about completed, I don't know how to put screenshots on this post otherwise I'd do it!

Cheers for your help and advice in advance!

Hi, Just a tip:..... Download alikiwis <kuid:850934:100351> The Great Zig-Zag of N.S.W.

You'll find plenty of NSWGR rolling-stock listed.

Also, first upload your screenshots to https://postimages.org/ ,.... this provides you with a link which you can use with the above "Insert Image" on the task-bar.

Good luck
Roy

Hi, Just a tip:..... Download alikiwis <kuid:850934:100351> The Great Zig-Zag of N.S.W.

Also, first upload your screenshots to https://postimages.org/ ,.... this provides you with a link which you can use with the above "Insert Image" on the task-bar.

Good luck
Roy

Cheers Roy, I'll dive into the download ASAP, also cheers for the link!

Here's a pic of pretty much finished Clarence. Gonna add a few different variations of trees as it's a little bland in variations.
https://postimg.cc/V5mVdtQs

Last edited:

Good luck
Roy

I find it easiest just to snap a screenshot in Trainz using the inbuilt TRS2019 'Social Menu/Capture Screenshot' menu option. Then upload to the NV3 provided "Trainz Gallery" using 'Social Menu/Screen Shot Review and Upload'. This upload process is a simple two clicks from within your Trainz session.

You can post your pic into a Trainz forum post by selecting 'Trainz Gallery' from the menu options at the top of the Trainz Home screen (open another browser window). Find your uploaded pick. Select "Full Image", right click in the image to 'copy', and right click and 'paste' into your forum post. It sounds complicated, but its very simple once you've done it a couple of times.

Hi Phil,

Good tips mate. I actually use Windows Snipping Tool and upload those images to Irfanview to first enhance them before Inserting the Image to the Forum.

A little cheating, but it can look better,

Cheers,
Roy

Cheers Roy, I'll dive into the download ASAP, also cheers for the link!

Here's a pic of pretty much finished Clarence. Gonna add a few different variations of trees as it's a little bland in variations.
https://postimg.cc/V5mVdtQs
https://i.postimg.cc/7P28t1Kz/2020-03-29-205613.jpg

Hi,

If you used the above link and copied the jpg link then pasted it in "Insert Image" on the above taskbar, then this is what would display.
V5mVdtQs

V5mVdtQs
2020-03-29-205613.jpg

We would all be able to see the work you've done.

Cheers,
Roy

Very nice shots everyone. I hope everyone is staying safe at home. Isolation is easy with Trainz :D
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Taralga

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Taralga Creek tank
cheers
Graeme

Hi Phil,

Good tips mate. I actually use Windows Snipping Tool and upload those images to Irfanview to first enhance them before Inserting the Image to the Forum.

A little cheating, but it can look better,

Cheers,
Roy

If you want to edit the images captured by the TRS2019 inbuilt screenshot facility in the Image Editor of your choice you can find them in the 'Screenshots' folder in your Trainz Local Data folder (see your Install settings to find out the full spec for the local folder you are using). You can then crop, sharpen, add labels... whatever. Just edit them and save in place before using the 'Screen Shot Review and Upload' tool in Trainz.

I also occasionally use the Window Snipping Tool. Going back to the earlier releases of Trainz it was the simplest solution. These days I only use it when I want to include some of the detail the inbuilt Trainz image capture tool (deliberately) drops - such as labels,points settings, HUD, etc.

Not sure, but I think the Screenshot capture and upload tools were added in TANE. Whenever, they were a great new feature.

Last edited:
Back