Australian screenshots

Ryan, that is a very innovative way to cover up the parallax acid trip in cuttings, a spraycrete one would be handy also. Trs19 is that good, I had to look twice at the first pic. Unfortunately the vegetation is the giveaway, a pity we don't have better veg in trainz. Nice effort with the replica, I'll have to lift my game:p
cheers
Graeme

Bit more work around the Area, LDP002 seen with a PN Coal train heading to Newcastle.
Desktop-Screenshot-2020-07-19-23-38-56-09.png

Cheers, Ryan

Great photos everyone ,,
Does anybody know where i can get more Trucks & Trailers & Buses from either Payware or Freeware,
These photos are from a route area i am doing,,
tHp833b.jpg

X0cpfuz.jpg

Thanks Stephen

https://pilbararailways.com.au/gallery/albums/Inter_Scans/193/193-15.jpg
Now that's the way a Trainz railway track should look: dirty, greasy, grimey, with ballast strewn ties, weather beaten older ties, rusty frogs, dirty ballast, and rusty jointed rails :cool:

I absolutely agree, as I am personally not happy with the track at the moment for the route but it is a placeholder for forthcoming custom content we as the project group are working on. A range of prototypical 3ft 6in Queensland Railways style track with - timber, steel, concrete with rusty, clean, dirty, disused, pulled up and different ballast types. Incorporating the type used by Pro-Track with animated points frogs and different rail poundages - 42lb/60lb/80lb/82lb/90lb/102lb

At lest Gympie Yard is done but there is a long way to go.

Cheers

Mich

Last edited:
Hi All

Sorry for no pictures but I want to announce the future of the Southlines route.

Some of you may have noticed that I have had the assistance and encouragement of FootplatePhil in updating the latest edition of Southlines. I shortened the route so that Phil could add that part from Young to the north to Weddin and I think you will all agree that he did a terrific job updating the section he took over, it really looks good to me.

My Trainz experience is that I get enthusiastic for a while, then drop off and then come back, those who have followed the development of Southlines over the years will have noticed this. So I asked Phil if he would be interested in “taking over” Southlines to permanently merge with Weddin and he has agreed.

So Southlines will be merged by Phil and come under his creative control and reappear as Weddin Demondrille or some-such title under Phil's Kuid and with my full agreement.

Like everyone else I can still make sessions if I wish based on Phil's new map.
If I decide to use part of the tracks of the old Southlines as part of something I make in the future under another title then I can.

You have all seen Phil's screenshots and he really has a good eye for the country and he also is great at the trackside detail stuff.

I am confident that Southlines is going to get better in Phils capable hands, even if it isn't called that anymore.

Phil will continue to add to the Trainz journey.

I will still be hanging about, but not making big projects.
There is some great work going on here, congratulations everyone.
Stay safe,
Tom

Some great work going on. I do smile when some people say they spent weeks on a route, you know what I mean. Then there are others who spend years, look at the screenshots above. I spent 2 years on the Bathurst route, now I'm starting on Townsville, but need to cut down some more from what started out as 600 baseboards, although I deliberately went overboard due to the flat landscape of the area. So this is at a very early stage, and found google earth to be very INACCURATE! Castle Hill was a smooth rounded top, but it is far from that. As adjusted it has a sheer cliff face, facing east as shown in this shot. I also found coastline that was 47 metres above sea-level! So, lots of fine tuning.

Townsville-circa-1940s-WIP.jpg

The Grenfell rail car service awaits departure on the Branchline platform at Koorawatha, on the Blayney to Harden cross country line.
Koorawatha-NSW.jpg

On our way!
Koorawatha.jpg

The NSWGR 620/720 rail car set eases it's way around the tight loop and heads toward Greenethorpe. On its way it will pass a young lad who was so impressed he would many years later go on to try and recreate the scenario in a well regarded railway simulation game.
Koorawatha-NSW.jpg

Last edited:
Might I ask, what is the name/kuid of that recessed platform directly in front of the loco ?

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/21556/screenshots/184550/1000/Koorawatha-NSW.jpg

The two goods platforms are..
object "Misc Jetty"
object 'Loading Bank Small"

The passenger platform is constructed from splines...
"Tside 2t Platform"
"Gravel Platform overlay"

I have been using the overlay technique from the very early days of Trainz as I don't have the skills to construct a suitable spline from scratch.

Hi All

Sorry for no pictures but I want to announce the future of the Southlines route.

Some of you may have noticed that I have had the assistance and encouragement of FootplatePhil in updating the latest edition of Southlines. I shortened the route so that Phil could add that part from Young to the north to Weddin and I think you will all agree that he did a terrific job updating the section he took over, it really looks good to me.

My Trainz experience is that I get enthusiastic for a while, then drop off and then come back, those who have followed the development of Southlines over the years will have noticed this. So I asked Phil if he would be interested in “taking over” Southlines to permanently merge with Weddin and he has agreed.

So Southlines will be merged by Phil and come under his creative control and reappear as Weddin Demondrille or some-such title under Phil's Kuid and with my full agreement.

Like everyone else I can still make sessions if I wish based on Phil's new map.
If I decide to use part of the tracks of the old Southlines as part of something I make in the future under another title then I can.

You have all seen Phil's screenshots and he really has a good eye for the country and he also is great at the trackside detail stuff.

I am confident that Southlines is going to get better in Phils capable hands, even if it isn't called that anymore.

Phil will continue to add to the Trainz journey.

I will still be hanging about, but not making big projects.
There is some great work going on here, congratulations everyone.
Stay safe,
Tom

For anyone interested in the future of WeddinNSW/Southlines/Lines-to-the-Lachlan I have responded to Tom's announcement in my WeddinNSW thread here:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?154453-quot-WeddinNSW-V4-for-TRS2019-quot-The-NSWGR-Grenfell-and-Eugowra-branch-lines-on-DLS&p=1826844#post1826844

Please post any responses in the WeddinNSW thread.

Last edited:
Back