Australian screenshots

Graeme,

I am missing these assets with Goulburn. Can you help with identifying these?

<kuid2:82100:23990:5>
<kuid:-3:11062>
<kuid2:1854:53422:1>
<kuid2:69038:27115:3>
<kuid2:1854:53440:1>
<kuid2:1854:53421:1>
<kuid2:1854:53420:1>
<kuid2:1854:53428:1>
<kuid2:1854:53425:1>
<kuid2:30671:27396:1>

VR GOULBURN MURRAY LINES V4 WIP
Tocumwal
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Sheepwash Creek

near Strathmerton

Approaching Katunga

cheers
Graeme

More great shots Graeme. I caught the train (well, CPH anyway) to Tocumwal to and from Narrandera a couple of times when I was younger (mid seventies, years not age). My everlasting memory is of of how crooked the track was. The CPH bounced from side to side, seemingly defying all the laws of physics as it clung to the track. Funny how we model the old track as being straight (I do the same, so as not to have the naysayers criticizing my track laying skills !!!), when actually it was all over the place, just like the crooked track you laid the first time you opened Trainz.

Last edited:
Look at that reflection in the early morning sunlight! A credit to Zec for his awesome work. Also great fun running along the Goulburn lines in the 50's with a goods train bound for Shepparton.

More great shots Graeme. I caught the train (well, CPH anyway) to Tocumwal to and from Narrandera a couple of times when I was younger (mid seventies, years not age). My everlasting memory is of of how crooked the track was. The CPH bounced from side to side, seemingly defying all the laws of physics as it clung to the track. Funny how we model the old track as being straight (I do the same, so as not to have the naysayers criticizing my track laying skills !!!), when actually it was all over the place, just like the crooked track you laid the first time you opened Trainz.
Thanks Phil, it couldn't be any worse than the track from Ouyen to Cowangie on the Pinnaroo branch. That was laid as steel sleepers on sand and twice a week a gypsum train consisting of about 10 GY wagons hauled by a Y class made the trip very slowly. Think of the worst track you've ever seen on youtube and youre almost there.
cheers
Graeme

I have posted this in 'Rail News' forum, but I would hate for anyone to miss out....

SBS's latest in "Slow TV".

There are no ad breaks, no dialogue and minimal on-screen graphics.
We get a rotating cast of camera angles: from the side of the train, from above the train, from ahead of the train and from the cab.

The Indian Pacific 3-hour version is on SBS tonight at 7.30, the all-day version Saturday, January 12 on SBS Viceland

Looks like it might be good !!

I have posted this in 'Rail News' forum, but I would hate for anyone to miss out....

SBS's latest in "Slow TV".

There are no ad breaks, no dialogue and minimal on-screen graphics.
We get a rotating cast of camera angles: from the side of the train, from above the train, from ahead of the train and from the cab.

The Indian Pacific 3-hour version is on SBS tonight at 7.30, the all-day version Saturday, January 12 on SBS Viceland

Looks like it might be good !!

Thanks Phil, I've just watched the Indian Pacific 3-hour version a few minutes ago.

I quite enjoyed it. My wife and I had already booked to do the trip from Sydney to Perth this coming April.

I'm looking forward to it now.

Cheers,
Roy

Those dawn shots look awesome Mark, so that's what the signals look like. Very nice job on the textures, just wish there was more variety at the moment.
Grenfell looks wonderful Phil, you've done a great job on the detailing.
cheers
Graeme

A simple of how she's turning out.....

This one will be what the SG version will look like.

EDIT: added/changed images

Cheers.

Last edited:
Looks all sorts of awesome Azza.
Those Qld hoppers look nice, they'll fit in nicely.
Just some shots on the Melb - Geelong route

cheers
Graeme

2816 and 4002 lead 8261 loaded fertiliser through Mingela. shortly going into heavy braking for the descent down the mingela range. Both locos and the wagons are under development by myself. scratchy showed a hd view earlier. Trainfan has some great skins coming for them too
49938228_2156040831328594_8865617569088798720_o.jpg

A few shots from around Sydenham, NSW. The intention was to build only a small section I could run the NSW electric sets on between Wolli Creek and Sydenham (a section of the line I have traveled on often).
I have since become side tracked though with creating various double light signals for the area, which has expanded to include a broader range of signals. I hope to release these soon once I have tweaked a few of the details etc.

A-few-shots-from-around-Sydenham%2C-NSW-while-I-work-on-some-new-double-light-signals.jpg

Experimenting-with-adding-a-dusty-screen-effect-over-the-top-of-the-text-in-the-route-indicator.jpg

The above shot shows the effect I am hoping to apply to the route indicators on all signals. There is a semi-transparent overlay in front of the text to give the route indicator screen a dusty feel compared to the bright white of the route indicator on the signal in the first shot.

A-few-shots-from-around-Sydenham%2C-NSW-while-I-work-on-some-new-double-light-signals.jpg

A-T-Set-departs-Wolli-Creek-as-a-city-bound-A-Set-joins-the-Up-Illawarra-Local-Line.jpg

A-NSW-C-Set-heading-towards-Campbelltown-via-the-East-Hills-Line.jpg

Back