Australian screenshots

Nice! I was going to embark on the D and DA as my first loco (WAGR/Westrail era of course) as there's lots of commonality. Maybe I'll just have to go straight to a beautiful DB or a notorious N (the only narrow gauge Alco in Australia I believe).

Oops :hehe: I'd kill for a DBZ though! They're almost as good as a P class.

Its not entirely my model as another ATD member has helped me build it.

SP9bFYR.jpg

This is an early version. I have a bit of stuff to revise (a lot now I think of it due to building a DAZ and no a DA)

If you have any mesh mods in blender you'd like to do to make it even better please PM me and we will talk further.

Thanks,

In a way the trams would be very easy to reskin with only the basic knowledge and paint program skills - they in fact do not have a skin as such but built lego style a combo of many different coloured blocks = all you do is repaint the required blocks texture to re colour it. open the right texture a simple colour fill function in a paint program would work = no complex skill required

I did notice that tram numbers can be set. I only wish I had the ability to do re-skinning of train models myself, but I'm limited to just a few buildings with Sketchup.

By the way, I inadvertently picked the black roof O class, as these trams operated on the Chatswood line, where I grew up as a kid. I travelled to high school at Mosman each day on an O class and came home on an R Class.

Adding trams to my route has meant considerable re-building. Here's the start of the Erskine Street 'loop' which will be adjacent to the King Street wharf at Darling Harbour.

The wharves in the background, will be re-modelled back to the 1950's. This was where the Darling Harbour goods railyard was originally situated. It was quite an industrial area with ships unloading goods right in the heart of the city. Pyrmont Powerstation was visible and the Anzac bridge wasn't.

Cheers,
Roy

Greetings.
I'm wondering if there is a "fix" for the QLD and WA level crossings.
In my Tane: 90945 SP2 they keep on going up and down all the time.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
NickE

Hi Nick,

I've just checked one of my Qld routes and I don't see that problem any more. I don't know about the WA crossings.

I've got these five installed by elstoko, stryker, and psycho_aussie and are functioning okay. Make sure you have the latest kuid version.

<kuid2:368725:40004:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T 90 5m 42in
<kuid2:69937:100315:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T 90 5m
<kuid2:1551:100315:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T 90 5m
<kuid2:69937:100311:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T (1+2) 90 5m
<kuid2:1551:100311:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T (1+2) 90 5m

Cheers,
Roy

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry Nick, I turned my back and one of them made a liar out of me. I've got to find out which one it is.

EDIT/EDIT: It appears to be this one,...
<kuid2:368725:40004:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T 90 5m 42in by elstoko

EDIT/EDIT/EDIT: Just a further update on the QR level crossings. I downloaded all 65 QR level crossings onto a test track; and out of the 65 there were only 8 that functioned as they should. That means 57 available on the DLS have not been updated (for whatever reason).

For your information Nick, these are the 8 that are working properly with the boom gate. Of course, if you don't require the boom gates, all 65 are programmable for the 3 other purposes.

<kuid2:368725:40001:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 1T 45 42in
<kuid2:368725:40000:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 1T 90 42in
<kuid2:368725:40002:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 1T 135 42in
<kuid2:368725:40003:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 2T 90 5m 42in
<kuid2:368725:40004:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T 90 5m 42in
<kuid2:1551:100317:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 6T 90 5m
<kuid2:1551:100354:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 4T Wacol 5m
<kuid2:1551:100384:2> QR Level X-ing 4L 6T (1+2+2+1) 90 5m

The photo image really shows the difference.
2018-05-17_122045.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
There is an announcment page which lists the requirements (deluxe with mainly Avery-Drexel installed) and at post #8 a list of missing assets and links to download them.
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?141534-ARTC-NSW-MAIN-SOUTH-VR-NORTH-EAST-ROUTE
Unfortunately all of the screenshots were lost with the demise of hostthenpost.
This should help out those who have recently downloaded the route. I am currently working on an extension to the route which will eventually be upgraded to and released in TRS19 although it is low on the priorities list at present.

Nice shots everyone.
Roy, those Sydney trams look amazing on your route. I didn't realise how much they looked like Melbourne's W class trams. I read somewhere the other day that about 70 of them are going up for auction.
cheers
Graeme

Roy - you are beyond amazing (that's because your creative stuff is "amazing").
For you to download and test all of the QLD and WA level crossings surely puts you up a notch to "beyond amazing".
Thank you for taking the time and effort.
Of course the crossing I'm using most is the standard 2L 1T 90 - which is not on your working list of 8.
I'm a bit surprised the crossings aren't used more by Australian Trainzers. If they were I guess they would have been fixed by now.
I'm about to head off on a rail adventure in England (amongst other travelling) - but when I get back I will compare the configs of the un-fixed crossings with the fixed ones and see if I can spot the problem.
Thanks again for your effort
Cheers
NickE

The thing about the FREE TS2009 even though I own it already is it is the SP4 version …. Very handy if you have something old you want to try with having to load the old version and updates

Tom

Roy - you are beyond amazing (that's because your creative stuff is "amazing").
For you to download and test all of the QLD and WA level crossings surely puts you up a notch to "beyond amazing".
Thank you for taking the time and effort.
Of course the crossing I'm using most is the standard 2L 1T 90 - which is not on your working list of 8.
I'm a bit surprised the crossings aren't used more by Australian Trainzers. If they were I guess they would have been fixed by now.
I'm about to head off on a rail adventure in England (amongst other travelling) - but when I get back I will compare the configs of the un-fixed crossings with the fixed ones and see if I can spot the problem.
Thanks again for your effort
Cheers
NickE

Thanks Nick. Yes, I wish the whole lot were brought up to date and we'd see a few more Queensland routes completed.

Good luck on your rail adventure. There's some great rail journeys around England and Wales - been on them. If you get to Europe, try some of the high speed rail between capital cities London, Paris, Rome, Berlin. Anyway, have a great time.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Hey all,

I found out why the textures are a mess on this gate, Zec used the wrong one, should of been 1854:43011
which is the finished one and I'm pretty sure it's on Victrainz too, I'll upload a V1 tonight and that'll fix it.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Edit: 21/05 13:53

No. 165 with a down transfer of some empty vans from Wodonga to Benella.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I've been a long time admirer of the work people are posting on the forums. Thought I should share some of my own.

Currently I am working on a route heavily based on the Camden Branch line which ran from Campbeltown to Camden in NSW (closing in 1962).

I am aiming to create the line based on its condition towards the end of its life, i.e. during the late 50s/early 60s, although I'm not too concerned about recreating it exactly (adding a little creative license here and there). The line is still very much a work in progress. Currently I have track from Camden to Narellan, with the track beyond that only roughly layed out. Parts of Camden and Narellan have scenery added with most bits in between empty baseboards.

Camden-Branch-%7C-Departing-Camden.jpg

Camden-Branch-%7C-Up-mixed-service-after-crossing-the-Nepean-River-bridge.jpg

Camden-Branch-%7C-Up-mixed-service-leaving-Camden.jpg

Camden-Branch-%7C-Graham-Hill-Rd-level-crossing%2C-just-after-Narellan.jpg

Camden-Branch-%7C-A-Down-mixed-service-crossing-Camden-Valley-Way-level-crossing-on-its-way-through-Narellan.jpg

Camden-Branch-%7C-Looking-Down-the-line%2C-just-before-Narellan.jpg

Ranger_51

Hey all,

This plain sided VLEX will be up on DLS tomorrow morning.

and this one here will be uploaded either tomorrow or the next night as BG only as it's for Melbourne - Adelaide dedicated traffic and was common on the Ballaarat - Sunshine route, I want to get another set of bogies done up for it, what I also found of interest is one of them was in Echuca in 1993.

Cheers.

Back