Australian screenshots

Hay fellow Aussies just to let you know that the TS12 version of Lines to the Lachlan is now on the DLS. The rail line between Blayney to Cowra

It is DEM based and can be joined to the Weddin lines by footplatephil.

Soon to follow is a version where the line is electrofied, as per an idea that was put about by our local member back in the 80's
Have Fun
Dave
Bearcat245

Sorry just testing to see if i get this right to post pictures here
steve123201202130004.th.jpg
[/URL][
steve123201202130001.th.jpg
[/URL][/
steve

Bearcat245 - Just wish to bring to your attention, I've downloaded your Lines to the Lachlan TS12 as at October, 2012 (you must have a time machine!) - and noted that you've used Ocemy's incredible Contz Pack (I'm guessing unintentionall), that without such, flags the dreaded 'missing dependencies'. I do not yet have this item in question (have been very tempted to purchase it), but just thought to let you know, if its inclusion may, or may not, have been accidental :)

Bearcat245 - Just wish to bring to your attention, I've downloaded your Lines to the Lachlan TS12 as at October, 2012 (you must have a time machine!) - and noted that you've used Ocemy's incredible Contz Pack (I'm guessing unintentionall), that without such, flags the dreaded 'missing dependencies'. I do not yet have this item in question (have been very tempted to purchase it), but just thought to let you know, if its inclusion may, or may not, have been accidental :)

Thanks for that will have to find out how to fix that stuff up - I did use his terminal - its way larger than the one thats at Blayney but I was finishing the route with half a idea to submit it when the power that be requsted routes, but never got around to it.

By any chance do you know the kuid it chucks up as the missing items.

This was sent to the DLS over 3 weeks ago so yer ther must be a time machine in play some where. The joke was it was meant to be finished by October 2011 and I never met that deadline so was just giving myself a bit of leeway LOL

I've just finished purchasing the Contz Standard pack, and also had to hunt down the massey Ferguson's from the old TC3 website (they were missing too). Trying to weed out a lot of extraneous third party stuff out of my TRS2012, as if one i get back into route building - I don't want people left wondering where/how to find stuff - its its not on the DLS, then I won't bother anymore...makes life *so* much easier.

Worrybrook Station Donations

Hi Everyone,
I know this is a screenshots thread but I want to make sure the message gets across.
The LIMITED edition of the Marigold V-Set was a show of appreciation from me to the people who had donated to support my site. These people generously gave without expecting anything in return and I thank them all.

It is too late to donate and expect a copy of the v-set. It was not my intention to solicit donations that way.
So please do not make a support donation with the expectation of receiving a free copy of the v-set.

The other versions will be available within a fortnight and I will let you all know when that happens.

Davido

Mods..........if this is inappropriate please move / delete...whatever.

Looks like after four or so years a few things are back on track to being released.

This is probably the closest to completion, it's ingame and just needing minor things sorted out, such as the ugly air compressor textures. Nothing special, and I'll probably do the minimum required work to get this out on the DLS. I see the model as being pretty outdated, but it's good enough for something I should have had out there years ago.

etc.jpg

Boobless Ed,

Please, PLEASE ignore the gimmie pigs - that is a superb model. Although I have no interest in modelling QLD, or QLD steam, I had to comment - that is superb. Good luck with it!

Ed, its not beautiful; its a work of fine art that should be admired, and I remember you did put alot of hard effort into your models back in the day especially the DD17. I hope a while back giving those diagrams really helped you on your way.

"Keep going at it, and let nothing stop you. Then you will rule the day - Unknown"

Regards
Michael G

Last edited:
Thanks folk. I'm glad you all like it. As for me, I'll just be glad to get it over with.

Can anyone make an enginespec for the DD? If not, can anyone recommend one which is close enough? An enginespec means the difference of having the DD out in a week or two, or me procrastinating for months doing other things before I eventually decide to sit down and make one.

Jaxonjared: The NSW locos have been going good. These I actually want to do well, so I've been ambling along and updating the meshes of the 35 and 50 classes (a significant rebuild, in fact), as well as remaking the textures to be representative of the current cababilities of Trainz. This means plenty of detail, plenty of rivets and normal maps, etc. The 57 class can wait its turn though. It probably needs less work.

I've also been attacking the old Blue Mountains route, and right now all of the yards are finished, as well as about a dozen bridges made up in Max and exported (so far, plenty more to go) and I've started station models. The biggest hindrance is a decent highway and road system, and I can't find any assets that will be suitable, nor can I be bothered making any (yet). The highway follows the line for most of the route, so it'll be fairly important to get that right. So I guess I'll see with that. Any suggestions would be grand.

Sorry everybody I assumed the CHN basic treminal was built into TS2012 - I purchased the container pack but a stray kuid must had popped up somewhere.

Ed,

I have made one for a DD17, since I did make try to make a version of the loco which did not turn out as i wanted so I made a D17, but as part of the project, I made an enginespec, whistle sounds based of QRH DD17 1051 up here in Qld. All recorded down when she last ran in 2009 for Q150.

Just pop me an email and, I can send it to you.

Regards
Michael Gitsham
QGR-QHR Trainz

Thanks folk. I'm glad you all like it. As for me, I'll just be glad to get it over with.

Can anyone make an enginespec for the DD? If not, can anyone recommend one which is close enough? An enginespec means the difference of having the DD out in a week or two, or me procrastinating for months doing other things before I eventually decide to sit down and make one.

Jaxonjared: The NSW locos have been going good. These I actually want to do well, so I've been ambling along and updating the meshes of the 35 and 50 classes (a significant rebuild, in fact), as well as remaking the textures to be representative of the current cababilities of Trainz. This means plenty of detail, plenty of rivets and normal maps, etc. The 57 class can wait its turn though. It probably needs less work.

I've also been attacking the old Blue Mountains route, and right now all of the yards are finished, as well as about a dozen bridges made up in Max and exported (so far, plenty more to go) and I've started station models. The biggest hindrance is a decent highway and road system, and I can't find any assets that will be suitable, nor can I be bothered making any (yet). The highway follows the line for most of the route, so it'll be fairly important to get that right. So I guess I'll see with that. Any suggestions would be grand.

No, no misreading. I do have some 38 class meshes sitting around, but they're far from a priority. They've been ignored for a while, and I'm content ignoring them until I can get things released.

I agree with the sentiments of others Ed, do it and release it when YOU are happy, not when the Gimmiepigs demand it. Quality takes time and effort, if you're happy, then release it - if not, work on it when and if you feel inclined, those who have admired your work for many years, have waited this long - so will continue to wait :)

Back