Australian screenshots

Great words.. we Australian Trainzers are a small community, but an enthusiastic one!

I'm really looking forward to that 1950's route release Roy, so yes, you must get around to finishing it! Its a huge undertaking, so if I may suggest... why not package up what you have done, and make it available? Nothing is ever perfect, but often we keep pushing for perfection. After you have released a current WIP version (with lots of caveats), you can push forward with a more polished version with a little less pressure.

Thanks for the kind words and a good positive suggestion Phil,

However those who know me, realize that I won't release my route until I'm sure it is complete and I've tested all the sessions thoroughly. I've just got to get on with it (sometimes the grandkids take priority)

When it is ready, I'll certainly include you on my distribution list. You are then welcome to make any improvements you feel are necessary.

Cheers mate,

Roy

Thanks for the kind words and a good positive suggestion Phil,

However those who know me, realize that I won't release my route until I'm sure it is complete and I've tested all the sessions thoroughly. I've just got to get on with it (sometimes the grandkids take priority)

When it is ready, I'll certainly include you on my distribution list. You are then welcome to make any improvements you feel are necessary.

Cheers mate,

Roy

I also test thoroughly, but my experience is that nothing is ever perfect (or really complete), and some sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand.

Lesson from 38 yrs IT development experience.

And I doubt there would be any improvements to whatever you release that most would consider necessary. Except yourself.
asmile.gif

Cheers.

Phil

Last edited:
I also test thoroughly, but nothing is ever perfect, and some sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand.

Lesson from 38 yrs IT development experience.

Cheers.

Phil

Thanks Phil, that is very complimentary.

But I also know that nothing is ever perfect, and that's probably my main problem. I'll create an asset which I can use,... but, then I see a better and clearer image on Google somewhere; so version 2 of the asset begins again.

As an example, I've now discovered some aerial maps of the Sydney CBD which were taken in 1949. Already I've noticed there are a number of buildings close to the CBD railway lines, that I didn't know of before.

However I will draw a line in the sand, but it will be a bit further down the track.

I look forward to seeing more of your creations, which I totally enjoy. Keep it up Phil.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Thanks Phil, that is very complimentary.

But I also know that nothing is ever perfect, and that's probably my main problem. I'll create an asset which I can use,... but, then I see a better and clearer image on Google somewhere; so version 2 of the asset begins again.

As an example, I've now discovered some aerial maps of the Sydney CBD which were taken in 1949. Already I've noticed there are a number of buildings close to the CBD railway lines, that I didn't know of before.

However I will draw a line in the sand, but it will be a bit further down the track.

I look forward to seeing more of your creations, which I totally enjoy. Keep it up Phil.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Roy, I added this line late to my above post, as when I reread it I was worried my initial reply could be seen as a bit critical.

"I doubt there would be any improvements to whatever you release that most would consider necessary. Except yourself."

You have a knowledge of the inner Sydney 1950's railways which I think no other Trainzer has. I look forward to you sharing that.

Roy, I added this line late to my above post, as when I reread it I was worried my initial reply could be seen as a bit critical.

"I doubt there would be any improvements to whatever you release that most would consider necessary. Except yourself."

You have a knowledge of the inner Sydney 1950's railways which I think no other Trainzer has. I look forward to you sharing that.

Phil, I'm 81 years of age and I kid you not, I welcome constructive criticism on anything that I produce. I learn from other people's work and mistakes.

We all should remember that life is a learning experience and so I enjoy every little piece of information (good or bad) I can get.

I'll also make full use of it until my brain gives out, hopefully not for some time yet.

I've been working on some of the buildings around Circular Quay and made a few improvements to Customs House, as well as the shops facing the Quay. (Oops, I see an error there)

customs-house-4.jpg

And the old RMS Queen Mary has docked at the Overseas Terminal.
queen-mary.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Those images certainly bring back many childhood memories of Circular Quay.
Your 1950s Sydney certainly looks like a masterpiece in the making. :)
Great work Roy.

Those images certainly bring back many childhood memories of Circular Quay.
Your 1950s Sydney certainly looks like a masterpiece in the making. :)
Great work Roy.

Thanks mate, I appreciate your kind words.

Just today, I found an old photo of Bennelong Point, which highlights the layout of the fencing and gate posts around the docks of that era - Also the split/double galvanised roofing on some sheds . It's time to go to work again.

Bennelong-Point3.jpg

I love those old steamers with the canvas-pitched covers on the decks.

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
I spent the afternoon knocking up a quick dockside shed for Bennelong Point similar to the one in the previous B&W image.

BENNELONG.jpg

I'll start on a few of the smaller buildings and some gate and fences next.
I'm happy when I can complete a few items.
Cheers,
Roy

Roy3b3,
Your street scene with the Customs House is great. I especially like the port shot with the Queen Mary, sister ship to the Queen Elizabeth. I traveled from New York City to Europe on the Queen Elizabeth...so many years ago, haha.

Those ships were so majestic - they deserve to be immortalized in your port shots. Nicely done!

Heinrich505

Roy3b3,
Your street scene with the Customs House is great. I especially like the port shot with the Queen Mary, sister ship to the Queen Elizabeth. I traveled from New York City to Europe on the Queen Elizabeth...so many years ago, haha.

Those ships were so majestic - they deserve to be immortalized in your port shots. Nicely done!

Heinrich505

Thanks Heinrich for the positive feedback - I do appreciate it.

Cheers,
Roy

Suffering from acute engine troubles; S311 looks on as S300 and X36 prepare to depart with the down quarry train.

C8JmxL7
uhenqz2.png

After the departure of S300 and X36, S311 was then moved to the maintenance sheds for some attention, while R711 idles on the table.
vp90Ubi.png

Last edited:
I've been trying to make those bogie frames more accurate over the past year, sadly 3ds crashes when doing a boolean cut.

Some junk I've been uploading to the DLS.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I doubt it'll be usable though.

Cheers.

Looks heaps usable enough to me Azza, Thanks heaps mate and after grabbing both versions I take it you are still to throw the AN version of this flat on the DLS as I I only have the grey and blue and yellow ones so far.
Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
Very very nice Roy,, a lot of time and work has gone into your routes,, well done buddy,,

Thanks Steve. Yeah, sometimes in Sketchup I have no problems and I can knock up just what I wanted in no time at all.
For example, in two hours I was able to make some gate posts, a gate and some fencing.
IRON-FENCE1.jpg

iron-fence.jpg

But then I'll get held up on something fiddly and the textures won't place correctly - then it can take me a week.
Luckily,... I'm patient and so I'll do it over and over again until I get it right.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Last edited:
Nice work Roy you obviously have the patience's of a saint mate lol, I don't have any left so when sum thing doesn't work as i want i drop it and start another project.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Nice work Roy you obviously have the patience's of a saint mate lol, I don't have any left so when sum thing doesn't work as i want i drop it and start another project.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Thanks Mick, how's that hip of yours going ? Improving I hope mate. Broken bones can slow you down somewhat, and I guess it requires a lot of patience, frustration and tolerance to get through it all. So if anyone has the patience of a saint, I think you may have first pick at that role. lol

Take care mate.
Roy

Hip is ok Roy the knee is givng me sum grief still but i am at home in a wheel chair at least so that is great, I've tried starting 3ds and looking at sum projects but i just cant seem to concentrate so I am hoping when I get the all clear to learn hope to start walking again sum time in January maybe by then my patience will of returned along with my concentration maybe lol.
Although I did find a project to finish this little solar cell junction box thingy.
2019-12-10-165208.jpg

Cheers Mick.:)

Last edited:
I don't think it's usable as it's 1990's and not much people do 1990's, however that's the content I'll be doing to the end of the year and next year, for container wagons I'll only be releasing Twist Lock types for now as I have them all visible without it being a pain to see compared to container brackets which need to be scripted and have broken scripts.

Anyways,

I'm still trying to get my head around this "Tarp building thing", lol

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I'm close though.

Cheers.

Back