Australian screenshots

Not exactly the best shot, but the Zig-Zag is still a work in progress. Reversing like this is not exactly to regulations!

Reversing%2C-not-exactly-to-reguations%2C-on-the-old-Zig-Zag-near-Lithgow..jpg

Circular Quay is being re-devoloped again.

Before the Cahill Expressway was built, they had to first demolish Fire Station No 3 and the Sydney Harbour Trust building which was actually in the way. The builders used this area for managing workers shifts and their pay-packets, receiving delivery of new materials and the dumping of excess building rubble. It was also close to the pubs across the road. Eventually it was to become the parkland we see today.

I had some spare time today so I rebuilt and widened Circular Quay Station marginally. This is mainly because I've now installed a replacement girder bridge leading from the City Circle tunnels to match the track at the station. It didn't have bridge piers so I knocked up a model similar to the original.

Here are a few more shots.

2018-09-10_221507.jpg

The Fire Station is gone, but the Commonwealth Bank aren't moving out just yet. I'm sure they looked after the workmens payroll.
2018-09-10_221547.jpg

A 'Red Rattler' exits the tunnel from Wynyard to test the newly laid track to Circular Quay Station.
2018-09-10_221645.jpg

All eyes are on the 'Ship Inn' - No need to rush now - Last drinks 6 o'clock closing ended in NSW during 1955.
Cheers,
Roy

Early morning shunting on the Weddin NSW V3.0 route.

VR DD T2 Black2 SG, NSWGR 422 Class Reverse, VR DD T2 Black2 Ten SG, NSWGR S Truck Tarp, NSWGR S Truck Empty, NSWGR gsv car, VR U Van Type 2 - White, NSWGR MLV Louvre Wagon (Mk1)

Regards

axe

Nice shots everyone. Sydney is looking superb Roy.

Just a few of a V/Line rice train ex Deniliquin, around Toolamba.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Beautiful shots as usual Graeme. I particularly like the V/Line heading across the bridge. It's a nice asset.

Here's a few from me.
2018-09-12_233959.jpg

Buses, Trams and Trains (and ferries) all came together around Circular Quay. Slowly coming together. Notice the street lights.
2018-09-12_234037.jpg

I couldn't resist slipping this one in. I can remember being able to park all day in the City for two pounds five shillings (before decimal currency happened on 14th February 1966). Of course it was an open-air lot and you had to wash your car when you got home.
2018-09-12_234107.jpg

That's me in my red MG passing the First & Last Hotel on my way home. BIG advertising billboards caught the attention of all travellers. Hmmm, I fancy a Johnnie Walker right now.
2018-09-12_234216.jpg

Most unusual! You could fire a shotgun up George Street and not hit anyone. Maybe the Melbourne Cup is running!

Cheers,
Roy

More Sydney goodness Roy! It looks very realistic.
A few from me of a down fast goods around Nagambie at dusk.

cheers
Graeme

Wonderful shots Graeme. They make me feel like doing a trip to the country. And thanks for the nice comments mate.

Today I uploaded a copy of the Sydney TANE route I'm currently working on, into TRS19 and without any modification to the environment. I'm blown away by the difference our new version displays.

A shot that I posted on 10th Sep 2018 (# 34210) was taken in TANE. This shot was taken in TRS19.
2018-09-13_205111.jpg

2018-09-13_204540.jpg

I'm finding the detail is sharper and has a more natural look.
2018-09-13_204650.jpg

The harbour colours and reflections are as close to normal as they could be.
2018-09-13_204741.jpg

2018-09-13_210004.jpg

Pyrmont Bridge and the Darling Harbour shipyard.
2018-09-13_210311.jpg

I'd better get on and get this route finished.
Cheers,

Roy

Wow! Those correctly gauged QR locos look fantastic. Are these currently available, or are they part of the TS19 package??

Hi Forest_Runner,

Those QR locos you see aren't available yet. They are still getting modified and detailed so when they do come out, they'll look mint. I'm not too sure how long it will take to release them as the person who is making them prides themselves on high quality, and well made assets.

I have also been working in a 2250 class.

Cheers, Dylan.

Great to see some very high Quality content being made with TRS19; Roy: your Sydney route is a work of art.

Here's a WIP of the QR North Coast Line, between Caboolture and Elimbah in TRS19:

Last edited:
Thanks Mark. I appreciate your feedback.

Your QR North Coast Line is looking First class mate. The detail and sharpness 'in-cabin' also looks fantastic. A really nice job. I'm looking forward to having a run on this in the future.

Cheers,
Roy

For those of you who have my 'Sydney Central & Sydney Harbour V4' route in TANE, have a look at the graphics when you upload it into TRS19.

These shots were from the Helicopter session.
2018-09-15_120101.jpg

Vulcan's ferries look great from these aerial shots
2018-09-15_120116.jpg

And an aerial shot above the aircraft picks up its shadow onto the water together with sunlight sheen
2018-09-15_121515.jpg

2018-09-15_121535.jpg

2018-09-15_121342.jpg

2018-09-15_121433.jpg

2018-09-15_120837.jpg

Now if I keep playing around with this, I may not get Version 5 finished.
Cheers,
Roy

Hello from France,

very great job Roy, colours and landscape take a great taste of reality...

Congratulations, friendly, Marc

Hello from France,

very great job Roy, colours and landscape take a great taste of reality...

Congratulations, friendly, Marc

Thanks Marc, I appreciate your comments.

I always remember that we are only as good as the program allows.

We are fortunate to now have a wonderful program, which can all use to show off our individual talents.

Cheers mate,
Roy

So dang lifelike, having been around the edges of Sydney for much of the last 40 plus years. I might have to buy a new pc!

So dang lifelike, having been around the edges of Sydney for much of the last 40 plus years. I might have to buy a new pc!

You may not need a new computer. Make sure that you have a decent video driver installed, one that can provide a little more than standard and about 16GB RAM which is more than enough.

I installed a NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 video driver into my Windows I7 system, upped the RAM and was pleasantly surprised to see the improvement.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Hi Roy,

It looks good. Just from the screenshots can't believe the difference between TANE and TRS19.

I think that I might have to invest in TRS19.

I just haven't had the motivation or the time recently to start up TANE. Maybe when I get TRS19 it might change. Work and other activities seem to get in the way.

By the way is that Sydney Harbour layout still available?

Regards,
Warren.

Hi Roy,

It looks good. Just from the screenshots can't believe the difference between TANE and TRS19.

I think that I might have to invest in TRS19.

I just haven't had the motivation or the time recently to start up TANE. Maybe when I get TRS19 it might change. Work and other activities seem to get in the way.

By the way is that Sydney Harbour layout still available?

Regards,
Warren.

Warren, I have sent you a PM with information. Cheers,
Roy

Back