Australian screenshots

I totally agree with you Forest Runner.
Maybe we should open another Thread called the "Australian Screenshot Bitching Thread" for all those who want to have a bitch and leave the Screenshot thread for . . . "Screenshots"?????
Macka

Great shot FR, I love seeing you NSWGR lines. I can nearly imagine how it would have been in the old days by looking at your shots. :) I totally agree with your sentiments, I fear that because of the stupidity of certain members we have lost some of the great model and route builders that made this thread so wonderful to look at and be a part of. It is a real shame. :(

That P class looks amazing

This thread approaching 25,000 replies at over 2 million views once was the pride of these forums for any Aussie who owned a Trainz/TRS/TS product.

It was once a place of good atmosphere, good people, EXCEPTIONAL SCREENSHOTS, sharing of Trainz/TRS/TS tips, frequent postings, updates on upcoming content, absence of moderators wielding the stick, sharing of railway knowledge/insights and good humoured tales/yarns. It was a place one would want to visit on a daily basis at minimum. Well it's seriously gone to sh!t over the last 6-9 months...

Well, rather than be a total jerk, I'll at least be respectful and comply to the old spirit, in posting a couple of screens from NSWGR steam era with 3324 on a small branchline goods...

Anyone know how to fix Davido's nswgr cn composite car and BAM Sleeper car so they will work in TS12 FIX 3
Thanks

Last edited:
Great shot FR, I love seeing you NSWGR lines. I can nearly imagine how it would have been in the old days by looking at your shots. :)

Ironically taggy... it's a time before I was born. Lol. Still, I like to replicate from books and film. It was time when railways had character, and the government provided a service for communities rather than hinging on economics.

That P class looks amazing

It does look amazing, Bear... as do many of the vehicles it tows. I quite like the PHG to be honest. Great work on the batch of guards vans you did, mate.

Arh Forest, your screenshots always amaze mate. Your got a great talent in reproducing some great eras.

Must say I sure do agree with a previous post as well. Another reason I hardly post these days.

Keep'em coming mate, brightens up the forum somewhat with yours and a few others screen shots.

Cheers

Trent

First log in since January so a progress report…
My research hobby results are progressively being posted at Railpage and Wheels on Steel http://www.wheelsonsteel.com.au/ so if interested just check there for my Petan posts. As well as the QR South Coast Line to Southport and Tweed Heads, I have contributed quite a bit about tramways around South East QLD, which may interest someone wanting to develop a short TRAINZ route.
My tramways work has been posted at http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/LRRSA/ and mentioned in their magazine obtainable at your local newsagent http://www.lrrsa.org.au/Lrr_LRi.html so some may have seen this there.
The short route tramways that I have researched and are very suitable for TRAINZ are [a] Nerang Central Sugar Mill’s tramway for their Benowa mill which closed in 1918 the temporary tramway used to build what became the main highway between Southport and Burleigh Heads through Broadbeach and what is now called Surfers Paradise [c] the Neranwood timber tramway. All above used steam locomotives as well as other motive power.
Since my material is at Railpage or Wheels on steel or http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/LRRSA/ look there instead of personal emails to me as I have already posted there what I have.
Screenshots of more tramways could enrich this group. I have stopped posting historical material here as it is text not screenshots. I probably will not log in here for quite a few more months so enjoy your hobby. Seems this forum will not allow line breaks between paragraphs in the preview section.

Hi everybody hows your long weekend going?

I tried to fix the NSW Silver City Comet Sets under the DLS clean up and have failed dismally and have run out of tricks.
As I am at now out of ideas on what to do next I have retuned them to the public domain for some else to claim and have a crack at.

I was advised by one trusted source that due to the protection built in by Natvander and Auran at the time of there release and as a condition of there release that it was in fact impossible to edit the files in anyway, unless either party unlocked them.

Some one out there might have the magic voodoo to fix these but its beyond me.

Please someone have a crack at theses, they are too good an item to lose in to the never never

G'day Rastis, finally! Someone else doing VR NG! :hehe: looks like you're missing an NC van at the end of that train...

Cheers

G'day Tom!

Welcome to the World of Trainz! Looking good there mate! Keep it up!

Here's a little thing I'm tinkering with, inspired by the Kaoota Tramway near Hobart in Tasmania.

Cheers!

Jake.

Looking Good mate - what is the weather like in Bathurst today very wet up here at Cowra.

Hi everybody hows your long weekend going?

I tried to fix the NSW Silver City Comet Sets under the DLS clean up and have failed dismally and have run out of tricks.
As I am at now out of ideas on what to do next I have retuned them to the public domain for some else to claim and have a crack at.

I was advised by one trusted source that due to the protection built in by Natvander and Auran at the time of there release and as a condition of there release that it was in fact impossible to edit the files in anyway, unless either party unlocked them.

Some one out there might have the magic voodoo to fix these but its beyond me.

Please someone have a crack at theses, they are too good an item to lose in to the never never

I was able to fix the 4 faulty NSW Semaphore signals that Natvander had made but have no idea how to get them on the DLS. Have sent a message to Nat in the hope he will fix them for public release, but i think i will have to also return them for someone else to fix.

Any of Natvanders content that has faults required to be fixed as per the DLS clean up is now open for other to repair - its rather a simple process go here to chose the items to fix https://www.auran.com/planetauran/dls_cleanup_list.php?CurrentPage=3&Mine=0&Search=NSW&NoClaimed=0

I was able to fix the 4 faulty NSW Semaphore signals that Natvander had made but have no idea how to get them on the DLS. Have sent a message to Nat in the hope he will fix them for public release, but i think i will have to also return them for someone else to fix.

Haven't posted in awhile, well a long time actually, so here are two different shots.

flewy69er201206160000.jpg

#1 - Thought it looked cool as a sort of 'shoe box' model

flewy69er201306100000.jpg

#2 - Loosely based off Hornsby station looking south

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Guys, Some lovely shots been posted lately so it has been worth catching up and browsing through the pages. I have not played much lately but that changed with I saw the Picton-Goulburn route released by Pgibbons a few weeks ago, Over The last couple of weeks I have been rebuilding it trying to make it as realistic as possible based on my life growing up in the area. I have attached a few screen shots. NR"s with a loaded steel train roll through Goulburn yard bound for Sydney.
QRN Freighter rounds the curves between Picton-Maldon.
93/NR's roll through Moss Vale yard with a long freight train.

Back