Australian screenshots

Run around, Koorawatha.

Runaround%2C-Koorawatha.jpg

wish there was a tuscan 48 class avatar.

This thread needs an update.

:
The latest DLS upload of NSWGR Z25. An ACT modellers collaboration :). Super heated 2534, on the turntable at Grenfell. Thanks Dave and Pete.

2534-on-the-turntable-at-Grenfell.jpg

Meanwhile, the end of the day for these fettlers at Eugowra, at the other end of the Cowra branchlines (160 kms away). Anyone for the local?
Anyone-for-the-local-%3F.jpg

Last edited:
Some where out West away from prying eyes and busy city lines a recently converted Oil burning D59 gets a shakedown and running-in trip
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Congrats to our FootplatePhil for the write up in the latest issue of the Trainz Newsletter or his Weddin Route :)

I am no session writer like Phil = but in case anybody wants to play with it I have just uploaded my most recent working version of the Blayney to Cowra section that joins to Weddin if you so wish

Congrats to our FootplatePhil for the write up in the latest issue of the Trainz Newsletter or his Weddin Route :)

I am no session writer like Phil = but in case anybody wants to play with it I have just uploaded my most recent working version of the Blayney to Cowra section that joins to Weddin if you so wish

Thanks Dave. Modesty forbids, etc etc..

BTW, just sent out a couple of blokes on the Fairmont trike to follow that D59 up the 60 pound rail.

Also very interested to see how 5914 negotiates the curve into Koorawatha. :)

Last edited:
the D59 might need it

The D59 is the orginal mesh by Bill Fock, all Peter and myself have done is some re texturing - built an oil tender and actived the auto numbering
- may the legacy of Bill (Billegulla) live on -

Just a pity that more modllers like Bill don't leave there meshs with someone to be the guardian of them, on leaving the community or passing away

Thanks Dave. Modesty forbids, etc etc..

BTW, just sent out a couple of blokes on the Fairmont trike to follow that D59 up the 60 pound rail. Also very interested to see how 5914 negotiates the curve into Koorawatha. :)

Thanks to you both, great stuff! While you might not be able to create sessions would it be possible for either of you to create some consists that would be appropriate for Weddin for us clueless Yanks?

I have no idea if these passenger cars go with this locomotive. I have no idea if either would be on this route. Clueless basically. :D

Theoretical Historic Excursion train.

:D (I suspect that the locomotive won't fit on the turntables)

Last edited:
Good Idea Mate I will see what I can do
We are Lucky that for chosen time era - that Phil and me (and Peter) tend to model, the Lachlan Lines would be one of the most studyed and documented branch lines of the News Wales Govemnment Railways. Thanks to, at the time era, a son of a Cowra Loco driver and deicated rail enthusiast Called Lawerance Ryan made and kept records and has lists of every locomotive that every worked on the lachlans lines and published two books and supplyed items to lots of rail magazines over the years.

Sorry to say I can not find and record of streamlined 38 class every heading out on any of the Lachlan Branch lines but the is a chance the six wheel cars may have :)

Not sure if you can lift out the consists form Phils sesions as they are very typical of the Lachaln Lines

Thanks to you both, great stuff! While you might not be able to create sessions would it be possible for either of you to create some consists that would be appropriate for Weddin for us clueless Yanks?

I have no idea if these passenger cars go with this locomotive. I have no idea if either would be on this route. Clueless basically. :D

:D (I suspect that the locomotive won't fit on the turntables)

Last edited:
Good Idea Mate I will see what I can do
We are Lucky that for chosen time era - that Phil and me (and Peter) tend to model, the Lachlan Lines would be one of the most studyed and documented branch lines of the News Wales Govemnment Railways. Thanks to, at the time era, a son of a Cowra Loco driver and deicated rail enthusiast Called Lawerance Ryan made and kept records and has lists of every locomotive that every worked on the lachlans lines and published two books and supplyed items to lots of rail magazines over the years.

Sorry to say I can not find and record of streamlined 38 class every heading out on any of the Lachlan Branch lines but the is a chance the six wheel cars may have :)

Not sure if you can lift out the consists form Phils sesions as they are very typical of the Lachaln Lines

Good idea, I was able to get 6 consists from the session.

Weddin NWSGR D50 Class NGBF Hoppers
Weddin NSWGR Diesel Class 422 Coal
Weddin NSWGR 30 Class Mixed Freight
Weddin NSWGR Diesel 45 Class empty S Trucks
Weddin NSWGR Diesel 48 Class Grain
Weddin D50 Class Grain

Not happy with my nomenclature as yet but should do for now. Thanks :D

To our very honest Yank, I seriously doubt that engine ever pulled such old carriages. But no harm done in using them ��

Australian railroads, and all of those Australian assets in Trainz, really completes my interest in worldwide railroads.

Last edited:
That D59 is all most ready for the DLS = the D59's are a intesting loco - The class were ordered from Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton (the former Baldwin Locomotive Works) to relieve motive power shortages due to a low delivery and in to service time frame . The design is a variation on the USATC S200 Class Mikado. They were the first loco that were from the factory designed to burn oil on the NSWGR
Australian railroads, and all of those Australian assets in Trainz, really completes my interest in worldwide railroads. :cool:

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzpo...ts/133042/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzpo...ts/133078/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Loco hauled passenger only services were very rare on the two Cowra branchlines. Rail cars, or a single carriage on a mixed goods trains were more usual. I have seen a photo somewhere of an historical excursion train at Grenfell station, but I haven't been able to find it this morning. I cannot remember its configuration, or the occasion it was celebrating. Might have been a LVR (Lachlan Valley Railway) special.

Back