Australian screenshots

Since my first post I decided to delete all my track from Mile End loop to North Adelaide and relay it better. I then decided to tackle Adelaide Railway Station, which was quite difficult due to not being able to see some of the track work on Google maps as it is underground but after a few hours of my brain cranking over I got it done. Also thanks for the advice Roy after my first post.

First off looking towards Adelaide Railway Station from Gaol Loop
Adelaide-Railway-Station.jpg

A pic of some of the track work before the station.

The Pre 2018(Can't remember exactly when it got removed) crossover at Gaol Loop with the Adl-Mel line to the far right.

Over looking Adelaide station before I build over the top of it with Gaol loop in the background.

Really nice work watsup, perfection is worth the effort. :)

As for trackplans, have you tried this site, as it has schematic diagrams including signalling for the Adelaide network (among other things). It's proving to be useful working on my own Perth route.

Great looking trackwork Watsup. Re-doing things again does take a lot of time and effort, but in the long run, it will bring your route closer to perfection.

Well done.
Cheers,
Roy

I'm currently working around Young on the WeddinNSW Young extension. I have access to a lot of relevant printed historical material (and of course today's Google Earth), but there lots of things its hard to work out, and my childhood memory of the details is failing me. For example, exactly where was the Station Masters residence? I remember the Cherry Blossom Motel from my childhood, and it's still there, but what was across the other side of the line? I know it was the wool siding, but it seems it was not interesting enough for people to photograph at the time, and today it seems to be a barren demolition site. When you look in Google earth so much has changed since the line was shut 20 odd years ago. Lots of old railway and related industrial/commercial infrastructure has been replaced by late 90's housing development, or just simply knocked down. Frustratingly all the photographs of the Young railway precincts seem to have been take from only a couple of almost cliched vantage points.

Anyway, this weekend I am going on an railway archeological sleuthing trip. With my ever patient wife, I'm off the the Young Cherry Blossom Motel! Hopefully some local footwork, and a visit to the local museum (in the repurposed school building my wife attended as a child!) and the Visitor Info centre (in the repurposed station building) will help resolve a few uncertainties.

In the meantime, a couple of WIP screenies...

Young Gatekeepers house?
Young-Gatekeepers-house-%3F.jpg

Young station as 620/720 rail car set depart for Cowra
Young.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,
QR Clydes 2113 and 2116 sit in Warwick yard awaiting departure for Wallangarra on an UP general goods, you could still smell the paint.

Desktop-Screenshot-2019-11-14-21-46-45-90.png

Cheers, Dylan.

If my domstic duites and travels for this weekend were not already pre booked would pop across and say hello

I'm currently working around Young on the WeddinNSW Young extension. I have access to a lot of relevant printed historical material (and of course today's Google Earth), but there lots of things its hard to work out, and my childhood memory of the details is failing me. For example, exactly where was the Station Masters residence? I remember the Cherry Blossom Motel from my childhood, and it's still there, but what was across the other side of the line? I know it was the wool siding, but it seems it was not interesting enough for people to photograph at the time, and today it seems to be a barren demolition site. When you look in Google earth so much has changed since the line was shut 20 odd years ago. Lots of old railway and related industrial/commercial infrastructure has been replaced by late 90's housing development, or just simply knocked down. Frustratingly all the photographs of the Young railway precincts seem to have been take from only a couple of almost cliched vantage points.

Anyway, this weekend I am going on an railway archeological sleuthing trip. With my ever patient wife, I'm off the the Young Cherry Blossom Motel! Hopefully some local footwork, and a visit to the local museum (in the repurposed school building my wife attended as a child!) and the Visitor Info centre (in the repurposed station building) will help resolve a few uncertainties.

In the meantime, a couple of WIP screenies...

Young Gatekeepers house?

Young station as 620/720 rail car set depart for Cowra

Looking good there Footplate Phil how did you get the rail motors to work without the seats sticking out off the sides ? I am also enjoying your latest route Cheers

Looking good there Footplate Phil how did you get the rail motors to work without the seats sticking out off the sides ? I am also enjoying your latest route Cheers

I have copied the following from my WeddinNSW thread in the 'Freeware' forum....

"..the 620/720 models have a slight compatibility problem in later versions of Trainz. This results in chairs appearing outside the carriage when run as first downloaded from the DLS. The railcars still function OK, and in other all respects they are terrific models, however passengers are likely to complain about the draft.

:

620/720 fix

In a forum post on the subject the 620/720 content's creator Davido provided a work-around to improve passenger comfort. Here are the steps you need to follow...

1. Highlight the 'NSWGR 720 Class Railcar' item in Content Manager and select 'Open/Edit config.txt file'

2. Edit the 720's config.txt file and remove the line....

anim "720_body/seats.kin"

3. Save and Exit.

4. Right click on the item in Content Manager and choose 'Submit Edits'. You should see that the Status is now shown as 'Modified'

Repeat for the similiar line in the 620's config.txt.

Start up the session and you should see that the external seating has been removed."

Last edited:
Dusted off an old project

TANE SP3 Screenshot by Scott S, on Flickr
1485 departs Roma St bound for Ipswich on a Misty smokey morning.

TANE Screenshot SP3 by Scott S, on Flickr
1461 leads a long distance passenger service towards Ipswich

Redbank Yard

DH45 DH22 pause at Wacol with an empty cattle train.

Roma st

TANE SP3 Screenshot by Scott S, on Flickr
While some clown about 1461 arrives at Goodna

Trainz Screenshot TANE SP3 by Scott S, on Flickr
1461 arrives at Bowen Hills with a Ipswich service.

cheers

Ghosty

Really nice work watsup, perfection is worth the effort. :)

As for trackplans, have you tried this site, as it has schematic diagrams including signalling for the Adelaide network (among other things). It's proving to be useful working on my own Perth route.

I sure have been going to that site as it's pretty helpful for certain things, I've also been using ARTC track grade charts for the Adelaide to Melbourne Line. What does your Perth route entail if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers, Watsup.

Nice ones Ghosty, David, Dylan and Phil. My imagination was running wild after seeing the progress you guys have been making lately.

Of course Aldi had a sale on today and I couldn't stop myself from shelling out for their Christmas Train (made in China).

xmas-train.jpg

Who knows, maybe one of my grandkids might carry on the 'train-bug' after I'm gone.

Cheers guys,
Roy

Hi Phil
Love the way you are refreshing this old, tired route.
The screenshots here and in your own thread are fantastic. I think I remember that the station masters wife was the gate keeper, the other gates were either closed all night or only closed by staff as required for train movement. The space near the Zouch St Bridge and the wool sidings was a fuel depot. Golden Fleece? There was also a Caltex fuel depot at the same sort of position further west ( SE corner of goods yard).
If you are in Young this weekend you should be able to score a feed of fresh picked cherries. I dont know if Arabins Orchard is still open on Elizabeth St (Cowra Rd), ask if they have any Supremes in yet.

For those of you who are interested in Southlines, Phil is working off the 2014 version. When he approached me about this several months ago, I sent him my latest model, updated via TANE and TS19, thinking that would help him, unfortunately it had a lot of what are now payware textures which I had used thinking they were included so he is quite correctly decided not using my later version. Phil found it easier to modify the older version, and as I really respect the work he is doing I am happy for him to add that portion from Young to Monteagle to Weddin. I will delete that section from Southlines for future releases. It will remain part of Weddin.
Phil has shown how a few added texture, splines and trees can improve things. He has also filled (Philed in?) in some scenic gaps. Mr Graslash has also shown how to quickly update older routes and just looking at the work people like them are doing makes my old stuff so amateurish.
I need to go back to my trackwork in quite a few places, the newer procedural track seems to lie on the ground a bit different, needs a few more spline points to look right and I am adding interlocking towers at base level for any session minded person, (like I tried to make as session for 14 Southlines in the Morning session before interlocking towers existed). The trees and textures still need a lot of work too. Lots of work.
Sorry for no photos of my own in this photo thread.

Thanks again Phil

Tom

I'm back again with what I have accomplished in the last few hours, Dry Creek North Yard. Appreciate the comments after my last post Enkidoh and Roy.

First off looking North over the yard.
Dry-Creek-North.jpg

A bit further up the Yard looking over all the double slip points and Mawson Lakes Station.
Dry-Creek-North-Crossovers.jpg

Finally Elephant style CLPs heading out the yard with a grain rake.
Grainy-coming-Out-Dry-Creek-Yards.jpg

I rode the electric to Bairnsdale back in '53...fished the Tambo...
Close, electric L Class to Traralgon, T Class to Bairnsdale with a run around at the 'dead end' Sale station. The Mitchell River runs through Bairnsdale, but you may have journeyed to Bruthen, where the Tambo River runs past the town. :D
cheers
Graeme

Back