My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Now there is a Birthday treat! Looks great Graeme, even better once I've got those wires back up. haha

Wonderful shots Graeme. Hey, I don't suppose you lived on the NSW South Coast some time ago mate?

You've really got a handle on this neck of the woods. Great work.

Cheers,
Roy

Wonderful shots Graeme. Hey, I don't suppose you lived on the NSW South Coast some time ago mate?

You've really got a handle on this neck of the woods. Great work.

Cheers,
Roy
Thanks Roy
I live in rainy foggy chilly Gippsland so the NSW south coast is a favorite holiday spot, especially at this time of the year. :D
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Great shots Graeme, especially 2 and 5. Really nailed the lighting and shadow effects, very realistic. Nice one mate.

Nice shots mate. I live around there and I’ll tell ya what that looks exactly the same as the real Illawarra. The shadows make it look great aswell.

cheers Ryan

Does anybody remember what file have to be changed in the config to get Davido's NSWGR 900 working without passengers popping outside the carriage wall,,,
I had to reinstall them into TANE after installing SP3
2018-07-23 180938.jpg
Regards Steve

Nice shots mate. I live around there and I’ll tell ya what that looks exactly the same as the real Illawarra. The shadows make it look great aswell.

cheers Ryan
Thanks Baz and Ryan, I just tab between TANE and Google Earth and interpret what I see on GE onto the route and streetview is really helpful. The shots were taken at 4pm, early morning / late afternoon gives the best lighting effects in TANE for sure.
cheers
Graeme

One of the buildings demolished to make way for the Warringah Expressway, was Frank Delandro's Ford Service Centre. It was situated at the end of the Pacific Highway in a prominent position, in the bend of the road leading onto the Sydney Harbour Bridge. One of my mates in the 1950s used to work there, so I've re-created it in Sketchup.

You'll be able to spot it if you take a tram ride from North Sydney into Wynyard. Then right next door, the Greenway Flats built in 1954 dominate the skyline. These flats named after Francis Greenway, the colony's first architect, were the largest complex of flats in Australia. My model doesn't do him justice.
Frank_Delandro.jpg

Gas pumps not yet installed.
Frank_Delandro1.jpg

A ground view, this time with the old style pumps
Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
For those who are having trouble with Davido's NSWGR 900 + 800 sets with seating coming out the sides after installing SP3, just delete this file below from the config of each rail car and close the gap by one space up after deleting
anim "900_body/seats.kin"

What you should be left with is......

mesh-table
{
{
auto-create 1
mesh "800tfrrev_body/800tfrrev_body.im"
}

left-passenger-door
{
mesh "800tfrrev_body/left-passenger-door.im"
anim "800tfrrev_body/left-passenger-door.kin"
auto-create 1
}

right-passenger-door
{
mesh "800tfrrev_body/right-passenger-door.im"
anim "800tfrrev_body/right-passenger-door.kin"
auto-create 1
}

daymesh
{
mesh "800tfrrev_body/daymesh.im"
}

darkmesh
{
mesh "800tfrrev_body/darkmesh.im"
}

shadow
{
mesh "800tfrrev_body/shadow.im"
}
}

bogeys
{
bogey01
{
reversed 0
bogey <kuid:60723:1112>
}

bogey02
{
reversed 0
bogey <kuid:60723:1112>
}
}

string-table
{
str_property_name1 "Running Number"
str_property_desc1 "Change Running Number"
str_property_name2 "Maximum 36 Passengers"
str_property_desc2 "Initial Passenger Load at Session Start"
}

queues
{
pass_q
{
passenger-queue "1"
size 36
initial-count 0
product-kuid <kuid:-3:10060>

attachment-points
{
0 "a.passit13"
1 "a.passit29"
2 "a.passit19"
3 "a.passit32"
4 "a.passit08"
5 "a.passit10"
6 "a.passit28"
7 "a.passit35"
8 "a.passit27"
9 "a.passit06"
10 "a.passit09"
11 "a.passit15"
12 "a.passit31"
13 "a.passit04"
14 "a.passit36"
15 "a.passit26"
16 "a.passit02"
17 "a.passit14"
18 "a.passit11"
19 "a.passit30"
20 "a.passit33"
21 "a.passit34"
22 "a.passit23"
23 "a.passit22"
24 "a.passit16"
25 "a.passit25"
26 "a.passit01"
27 "a.passit21"
28 "a.passit18"
29 "a.passit07"
30 "a.passit03"
31 "a.passit20"
32 "a.passit05"
33 "a.passit12"
34 "a.passit17"
35 "a.passit24"
}

allowed-products
{
0 <kuid:-3:10060>
}
}
}

thumbnails
{
{
image "800tfr_art/icon.tga"
width 128
height 64
}

{
image "800tfr_art/preview.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}

kuid-table
{
pass_ass <kuid:-3:10060>
0 <kuid:-1:42004201>
1 <kuid:60723:1112>
2 <kuid:60723:1131>
}

Last edited:
Hi trainzers,

i was wondering, does anyone have a download copy of the 80ft container wagon since I looked on Razorback Railways site it appears that the site is no longer active and by searching on wayback machine for the site the links just doesn’t seem to provide access to downloading assets from there.
It will be appreciated though
Cheers
lspdyiu:)

Another building that was demolished to make way for the northern entry onto the Sydney Harbour Bridge was the Orpheum Cinema on the Pacific Highway. This building stood out if you were travelling from the city heading northwards. It always had large advertising billboards on the roof, Goodyear was one of them. Don't pick me on the lack of overhead catenary, I'll be doing that later when I've mastered a few more skills.
NORTH_SYDNEY1.jpg

Another view to see what's showing. Yep, Blackboard Jungle released in 1955. I saw that one several times.
NTH_SYDNEY_2.jpg

Street view with Frank Delandro Ford Dealership and Greenway Flats in the background
NTH_SYDNEY_3.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Roy your creative skills and eye for detail are to be applauded mate. Not to mention your patience at building the routes, love your work.

Nice shot Mick.

Cheers, Baz.

Roy your creative skills and eye for detail are to be applauded mate. Not to mention your patience at building the routes, love your work.

Nice shot Mick.

Cheers, Baz.

Thanks Baz. I do appreciate your comments and it helps push me that little bit further.

Graeme, In addition to using Google Earth Pro, I also use this link ... https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.8722863,151.2008877,16.25z , which allows me to swap from Map view to Google Earth just by a mouse click. I also get a better variety of views not necessarily on the street, but from where people have taken shots, pathways, or around prominent buildings, etc,; whereas Google Earth limits you to street views. You might find it helpful.

Cheers,
Roy

Roy: :Y::Y:.

Mick: Nice shot bud, and nice to see you here again.

And nice work everybody else too.

0pQu8Ui.jpg

UENYXCX.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Last edited:
Thanks Baz and Eric nice work yourself mate as usual how do you make this stuff look so real ?, I swear to god if i could get my content to look like that i'd stick with Aussie stuff LOL. Nice work Roy did you ever finish the more modern Sydney Route you were doing age's ago or is it all now back in the dark ages :hehe: when Sydney had Trams mate anyway nice attention to detail.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Thanks Baz and Eric nice work yourself mate as usual how do you make this stuff look so real ?, I swear to god if i could get my content to look like that i'd stick with Aussie stuff LOL. Nice work Roy did you ever finish the more modern Sydney Route you were doing age's ago or is it all now back in the dark ages :hehe: when Sydney had Trams mate anyway nice attention to detail.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Thanks Mick for the nice comments, I appreciate it. The last 'modern' Sydney route I completed was Version 4, a little over 12 months ago. If you haven't got it, send me your email contact address via PM and I'll send it onto you.

Goodness knows when I get to finishing my 1950s version,... the more I look at it, the more I find to do. It's like that movie "The Never-ending Story".

Cheers mate,
Roy

Back