Australian screenshots

I've been hunting everywhere for the Opera House/Harbour Bridge for my Blue Mountains line from Penrith to Gosford. Any chance of acquiring these assets?

5ecb18d4543e095379236139599a1968.jpg

Departing Penrith headed for Katoomba on the Blue Mountains Line.

I reckon the Opera house is my KUID, and Roy has my permission to send it over if he has it floating around. THe Bridge is Steve123. His stuff comes and goes as he does lol

Looking pretty average to be entirely honest Tom

Jamie

Last edited:
I reckon the Opera house is my KUID, and Roy has my permission to send it over if he has it floating around. THe Bridge is Steve123. His stuff comes and goes as he does lol

Cheers...the adaptation I have for the opera house is....say....pathetic. The bridge I have is ok but could be improved upon...Thanks for responding, appreciated.

Thanks Jamie,

The Opera House kuid is yours, and I'm happy to forward it on with your permission. Cheers mate!

Valbridge : Send me a PM with a contact email, and the Opera House is on its way.
Re, the Sydney Harbour Bridge. There are several kuids for this item which are owned by Steve123 and its an extremely large file. Steve stated on Page 2149 #32227 of this thread, that if anyone would like this asset, then they should send him a PM. Please contact him first.

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks Jamie,

The Opera House kuid is yours, and I'm happy to forward it on with your permission. Cheers mate!

Valbridge : Send me a PM with a contact email, and the Opera House is on its way.
Re, the Sydney Harbour Bridge. There are several kuids for this item which are owned by Steve123 and its an extremely large file. Steve stated on Page 2149 #32227 of this thread, that if anyone would like this asset, then they should send him a PM. Please contact him first.

Cheers,
Roy

PM sent many thanks.
Val

Many thanks go to Roy Burnell and especially Jamie H222 for this creation and allowing me to use it in the Blue Mountains Line. Today I am a happy chappy for its inclusion to the route. Incidentally it was a perfect fit.

7a5589ae8c39fa885551604dce27308b.jpg

Last edited:
Intercapital Daylight over the Murray and into NSW
48c8dd4c1b31755ba98489401a157e79.jpg

Passing the Caltex siding approaching Albury
6b24f5bc7a3f648bb176646b3494e9cd.jpg

Departing Albury
020522ebd7147ad45727fd45360ac411.jpg

Coasting past the Loco and Carriage workshops
a5b643130044f70cf948d2fd6c9352d9.jpg

cheers
Graeme

I reckon Albury needs a much bigger station there Graeme. Perhaps a clocktower poking out from the building would do it?

What consist have you got there on the ICD?

Yeah I know.....The closest I can get so far is Hay Station, just got to get round to replacing it particularly as Albury is red not brown :p
The cars even say Intercapital Daylight on the side.
<kuid:73150:101164> NSWGR PHS Power Car RUB Set TR
<kuid:73150:101165> NSWGR ABS Dining Car RUB Set TR
<kuid:73150:101180> NSWGR OBS Sitting Car RUB Set TR
<kuid:73150:101187> NSWGR OFS Sitting Car RUB Set TR
<kuid:73150:101198> NSWGR RS Dining Car RUB Set TR
<kuid:73150:101203> NSWGR SBS Sitting Car RUB Set TR
<kuid:73150:101204> NSWGR SFS Sitting Car RUB Set TR
cheers
Graeme

Hi Roy,
Sorry i have not answered your email as i have been laying low for a 6 or so weeks having a number of bouts of the flu and different infections that come with it, with work and studying i became a bit run down, so if you still need me to create that wall for you just let me know.
Regards steve123

Hi Roy,
Sorry i have not answered your email as i have been laying low for a 6 or so weeks having a number of bouts of the flu and different infections that come with it, with work and studying i became a bit run down, so if you still need me to create that wall for you just let me know.
Regards steve123

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry that you've not been well - The flu has been bad this year and I hope you are on the road to recovery soon.

The photo I sent you was taken during the construction of the bridge and it shows the full height of the wall in its entirety. However I was not really interested in the whole wall as it's shown, (there's plenty of concrete walls available) but just the metre and a half high stone capping section. It shows what looks like three portholes linked together, then a framed block, three more circles, etc. I think it would just add a little more to the overall finish. If it was visible from both sides then it would be seen in both driver and chase mode.

There's no major rush on it mate - wait until you're well. Anyway I've got heaps to do in re-working the harbour areas again. I've also been toying with the idea to run animated ferry services around wharves that have a view of the SHB and Circular Quay. I even thought of a City Circle tourist session which leads to a ferry trip to half a dozen wharves around the harbour. Vulcan made some great jetties for the Brisbane River scene using City Cats. I've tested several out and they work fine in TANE.

1011ec7f73d1c6b7583c88139331856e.jpg

81dfe510f5e71d803754d88d7902c6f1.jpg

I love the old black & white pics.
Cheers and take care,
Roy

Hi Roy,
Is this what you looking for?
caDOFd5.jpg

dRGktt3.jpg

How wide do you want the track area? what you see in the photos is only about 11 meters across,
Regards steve

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

That looks fantastic mate. Great job - I just wish I could knock something up like that.

The width of the track area could vary considerably, Milsons Point is narrower than North Sydney,... and there are sections of the bridge, where there's roadway or paths adjacent to the wall.

So would it be possible to make a single wall without the tracks, in which case, it would be so much simpler to add it where it was needed.

I appreciate what you you are doing.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Hi Roy, I sent you an email with the link to the assets SHB Retaining Wall,
GPRxhNN.jpg

As always Roy you have my consent to distribute any of my assets with any route you are working on reminding all that that are under copyrights.
Fixed pylons can be found in the building section under the name of NSW HBW Retaining Wall Pylon 2.
The splines can be found under the name NSW SHB Retaining Wall ,,, which has a 6 meter Horizontal track area or NSW SHB Retaining Wall 6 ,,,, which has an 8 meter Horizontal track area..
The path is a separate spline due to land height variation and it is found under the name of NSW HBW Retaining Wall Path
Regards

Hi Roy, I sent you an email with the link to the assets SHB Retaining Wall,

As always Roy you have my consent to distribute any of my assets with any route you are working on reminding all that that are under copyrights.
Fixed pylons can be found in the building section under the name of NSW HBW Retaining Wall Pylon 2.
The splines can be found under the name NSW SHB Retaining Wall ,,, which has a 6 meter Horizontal track area or NSW SHB Retaining Wall 6 ,,,, which has an 8 meter Horizontal track area..
The path is a separate spline due to land height variation and it is found under the name of NSW HBW Retaining Wall Path
Regards

Thanks Steve,

You're a gem. They look great mate, so now all I've got to do is, put it all together.

I've spent the past few days re-designing the Circular Quay wharves to accommodate 'active' City Cats. It's not perfect but it will simulate ferries moving in and around the harbour.

Thanks for your help mate, cheers,
Roy
3889628943d17112f1ce32a5f11acd8b.jpg

As usual Graeme, wonderful shots.

I love those big country stations. One day, if you get the chance, visit Tenterfield Station - they have a great rail museum and you could spend a whole day there. No train-lover will be disappointed.

Cheers,
Roy

There is some great work happening on your Sydney route Roy and on many others that are being showcased,, great work everybody..
If you need anything Roy just let me know, as Jamie said i come and go.
Regards steve

Back