Australian screenshots

Working on getting this thing to the DLS, it won't be TRS19 compatible since I don't know how to get weathered stuff to show little reflection, I've tried toning the enviro map, darkening the specular map and even tried lowering the 3ds specular lighting.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers.

"WeddinNSW: Southlines to the Lachlan", D50 class locomotive shunts loaded NSWGR gsv at Koorawatha. Featuring a load of premium merino ewes, and my newly uploaded roads without shadows :).

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
1967: English Electric, Rocklea (Brisbane, Queensland) - Queensland Railways 1620 class 60ton DEL. Identically similar to the NZR Di Class.
QR-English-Electric-1620.jpg

Thanks
Mick

I have uploaded some reskinned roads that better suit Australian Standards to the the DLS. Feel free to take a look! Just search "AUS Road rural highway"

2020-08-20_192928.jpg

2020-08-18_215205.jpg

G'day folks!

Tasrail 2052 leads an empty "up" cement train past Keepers Road crossing with 2054 trailing at the rear.

2020-08-02_140942.jpg

I wish TurfFX wouldn't do that :(

In the Turf FX layer settings where you change parameters for each layer, adjust expansion constant to zero. You may still get a bit of stray grass. I was working in build 106618 so that may make a difference.

Great work everyone. It's so good to see so many Aussie contributors producing such wonderful layouts.

Been trying to locate decent tram catenary wires to resemble those installed around Sydney during the 1950's;.... and however without much luck.

So I've begun to build my own wires, which I hope to use across the Sydney Harbour Bridge; then I'll modify them to suit roads and tunnels. This image shows the first test asset spline linked with a SHB gantry, which I also knocked up. Over to the left, there are some tunnel wires, which I'm also working on.

tram-catenary1.jpg

Of course, if the wires and track were part of the same asset, this would make track-laying quite a lot simpler. I'll play with it and see what comes.

Cheers,
Roy

Wallendbeen, NSW. Travel back to 1967, and share a morning with an enthusiast with a camera. WIP shots form "WeddinNSW: Southlines to the Lachlan".

Wallendbeen%2C-NSW.jpg

Wallendbeen%2C-NSW.jpg

Wallendbeen%2C-NSW.jpg

Wallendbeen%2C-NSW.jpg

Waldenbeen%2C-NSW.jpg

Wallendbeen%2C-NSW.jpg

Wallendbeen%2C-NSW.jpg

Wallendbeen.jpg

Last edited:
Great work everybody ,,
Sorry for no reply Roy3b3, i have been very busy with work, however i have never built a gantry for the entries to Sydney Harbour Bridge but im sure you will be able to knock something up ,, if which i douht you have trouble let me know,,
Cheers Stephen

Last edited:
Great work everybody ,,
Sorry for no reply Roy3b3, i have been very busy with work, however i have never built a gantry for the entries to Sydney Harbour Bridge but im sure you will be able to knock something up ,, if which i douht you have trouble let me know,,
Cheers Stephen

Thanks Stephen for the feedback.

Yes, I have knocked up a gantry spline, which may do the job for me. Here's a shot with the lamps on either side. I've also built one without the lamps.
shb-gantry-4.jpg

In addition, I've built a catenary spline to suit. The main problem with this one is, that it looks okay on straight sections, however it distorts and stretches the image on curves.
shb-gantry-3.jpg

But I'll work something out.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Yes i understand Roy going over a 12 meter spline distance does not work out well when changing direction in Sketchup,, maybe try making the spline 6 meters of don't do the sline and make then a single structure.
Cheers Stephen

As you may have gathered from my recent screenshots posts, I am currently working on a NSWGR southern lines Trainz routes merge (Southlines joins WeddinNSW joins Lines_to_the_Lachlan, with the permission of tomtre and NSWGR_46class). It is a large route, and I could really do with some help in testing of the resulting route. I am looking for one or two beta testers for the new route. I have not previously used beta testers, being a bit of a 'one man band', but things have grown to the point that I have to accept my own limitations.

What am I looking for in a beta tester?....

My career was in IT. Although I do have access to lots of books, and have long been involved in railway modelling as a hobby, my technical NSWGR railway practices knowledge is probably best rated at 'journey man' level, so knowledge in this area would be pretty well mandatory. Also an eye for detail. And some knowledge of the area being modeled. However, you would also need to able to balance this with an understanding of the necessity for a compromised practical solution :) .

The resulting route will be freeware. I can't offer much in return for your time, apart from my gratitude, and early access to the route, but I will list the beta testers in my acknowledgements (if they are happy to put their name to it!!).

And just an attempt :)D) to stay on topic for thread....

Demondrille, NSW
Demondrille%2C-NSW.jpg

Please post responses in my thread here: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...renfell-and-Eugowra-branch-lines-on-DLS/page8

Phil.

Last edited:
Yes i understand Roy going over a 12 meter spline distance does not work out well when changing direction in Sketchup,, maybe try making the spline 6 meters of don't do the sline and make then a single structure.
Cheers Stephen

Thanks for the tip Stephen - a single structure could work.

Yes, I've noticed the shorter the spline length the better result, which is okay if they are identical but if the cables 'dip' then it goes haywire.

I'll keep at it.

Cheers mate,
Roy

Hi all,

Some more screenshots of my NG route - Mullewa to Geraldton.

The shots below are from Ruvidinni Ore Loadout just on the outskirts of Mullewa.

2020-08-26-073621.jpg

2020-08-28-073257.jpg

2020-08-28-073749.jpg

2020-08-28-073118.jpg

Cheers
David

Hey guys, this is just a update video to share with you all how the South Coast map is progressing.
Graeme and I are super happy with how its turning out so far. I hope you enjoy this run from Kiama to Dapto.

Back