Australian screenshots

Hi, All these need Gen RC4 to work :(

32267af39f443b1864b24af53112f07e.png

It wasn't a problem, Mick, you can make it whatever you want. What about those of us who don't make content at all? Should we not be allowed to have one at all?
Thanks Stevo and Chance and your right of course Stevo i actually made two items in that pic i had as my banner i was mainly showing off the route in the background as i really liked the pic but it's wasn't important.
Cheers Mick.

Alright, back to the topic on hand, no need to bring the UN into this...

Hi Andyroo. Can you bring up the faulty asset in question and tell us what the error is? I'm sure we can find a solution for it.

I just through it was strange to have banner stating your a continent creator but then featuring some else's content that is all, bit like Holden advertising Ford.

I like to stand proud behind what I help produce.

Quite happy to stand corrected if I am wrong - how do other people feel about this ?

PS also see a route creator and content creator as two different artisans.

It wasn't a problem, Mick, you can make it whatever you want. What about those of us who don't make content at all? Should we not be allowed to have one at all?

Ok we have content here by both VinnyBarb and Davido
if you have AN Class AN1 New = you do not need AN class AN1 as it replaces it

Now there is a newer version of Gen RC4 in TS12 SP4 HF1 - (kuid-25:60) I will try export that and see what happens - would think that if I export the required content from TS12 and not try to pick up from DLS might work
Hi, All these need Gen RC4 to work :(

32267af39f443b1864b24af53112f07e.png

Last edited:
As the Gen_RC4 is 'built-in' I'm hoping that it'll likewise become so in T:ANE, or there's going to be a LOT of problems - I downloaded the 'original' version (pre-SP3) and...well - lots of PM meshes and other 'quirks' in it (fixable I might add), but if there's a newer version, we'll try that as a 'workaround' - with T:ANE being an 'open beta' of sorts, I expect a lot of non-finalised content and so-on (broken/faulty things) that should be addressed and fixed come release day. Additional - imported the Gen_RC4 from TS12 (current version), into T:ANE CE. It throws up a massive list of errors and warnings (too big to post here) - so I fear we're out of luck on this - might well have to wait for N3V to 'mask' it's errors and warnings behind the power of 'built in content' come February

Last edited:
I just through it was strange to have banner stating your a continent creator but then featuring some else's content that is all, bit like Holden advertising Ford.

I like to stand proud behind what I help produce.

Quite happy to stand corrected if I am wrong - how do other people feel about this ?

PS also see a route creator and content creator as two different artisans.
Routes are content imo. He wasn't in the wrong by putting up his signature with a route he made, and in the picture there was content that he made. He was standing by the content he made and quite frankly I don't see why you had a problem with it.

yeah i expected T:ANE to have some problems, i am going to try reinstall Ts12 and see if i can get some things to work on there, sadly my net is really bad at the moment so downloading the patches for it will take a while.

Anyway, i am sorry if i am taking up your time.

Ok we have content here by both VinnyBarb and Davido
if you have AN Class AN1 New = you do not need AN class AN1 as it replaces it

Now there is a newer version of Gen RC4 in TS12 SP4 HF1 - (kuid-25:60) I will try export that and see what happens - would think that if I export the required content from TS12 and not try to pick up from DLS might work

with the AN Class i just Ctrl+A and downloaded all of the content, so thats why its there.

Last edited:
Gen RC4 is full of silly little errors that I will have a crack at fixing tomorrow :)

Now In version of trainz pre TANE NV3 had a little trick that instead of fixing errors in built in content they were able just suppress the error checking of there own stuff.

Either TANE does not have this ability or if it does its only in native TANE continent - TANE might get this function in the next build - N3V might fix the errors in all there own content - or older stuff like your trying trying to run might be allowed to just die off - or the community will find a fix and work arounds
yeah i expected T:ANE to have some problems, i am going to try reinstall Ts12 and see if i can get some things to work on there, sadly my net is really bad at the moment so downloading the patches for it will take a while.

Anyway, i am sorry if i am taking up your time.

with the AN Class i just Ctrl+A and downloaded all of the content, so thats why its there.

Gen RC4 is full of silly little errors that I will have a crack at fixing tomorrow :)

Now In version of trainz pre TANE NV3 had a little trick that instead of fixing errors in built in content they were able just suppress the error checking of there own stuff.

Either TANE does not have this ability or if it does its only in native TANE continent - TANE might get this function in the next build - N3V might fix the errors in all there own content - or older stuff like your trying trying to run might be allowed to just die off - or the community will find a fix and work arounds

Thanks, once again sorry if i am taking up your time.

Err, I'm not sure how TANE is displaying errors from warnings but from the look of it the only error that should stop it working is a tag in the config, the bottom one here:

You should be able to find it in the config and delete it (search 'window' and delete the line with 'att' in it) This should get it working unless TANE has made items with warnings inoperable too.

Cheers
Stevo

QR Standard Drawings - 1913 Standard Type 1A Waiting Shelter Shed

Hello.

Just a small upload shortly to the download station, Queensland Railways Standard 1913 Type 1A Waiting Shelter Shed. Typical to most Queensland branchlines and mainlines. Will upload the variations to the design in the coming days as well.
QRStandardShelterShed1A_zps2123623f.jpg

With Regards,

M. Gitsham

Use Pev's PMtoIM converter, THEN look at the error lists *chuckles* damn....

(edit) - fixed the Gen RC4 issue, only showing these now, so 99.9% fixed...took a bit, but, I had nothing better to do :p

! This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
! Required tag 'interior-controls-type' was missing and has been set to default.
! Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
! The texture 'black plastic copy.tga' is a uniform color.
! The texture 'black.tga' is a uniform color.
! The texture 'NEEDLE copy.tga' is a uniform color.
! The texture 'red_switch.tga' is a uniform color.

Last edited:
Just created and tested a work around that appears to work = will post details tomorrow =
:( looks like we have a long road ahead of us when it comes to some content - at least with fixing GEN RC4 it is so common that the fix helps many people

Err, I'm not sure how TANE is displaying errors from warnings but from the look of it the only error that should stop it working is a tag in the config, the bottom one here:

You should be able to find it in the config and delete it (search 'window' and delete the line with 'att' in it) This should get it working unless TANE has made items with warnings inoperable too.

Cheers
Stevo

well that worked :clap::D

Last edited:
Sorry did not see your post :)
Use Pev's PMtoIM converter, THEN look at the error lists *chuckles* damn....

(edit) - fixed the Gen RC4 issue, only showing these now, so 99.9% fixed...took a bit, but, I had nothing better to do :p

! This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
! Required tag 'interior-controls-type' was missing and has been set to default.
! Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
! The texture 'black plastic copy.tga' is a uniform color.
! The texture 'black.tga' is a uniform color.
! The texture 'NEEDLE copy.tga' is a uniform color.
! The texture 'red_switch.tga' is a uniform color.

All good mate, all good - if I can help people, I try (regardless of what my tagline says *chuckles* I'm using asset version Gen RC4 KUID:-1:173 as my 'test' experiment - got it error free, just got that niggling 'uniform colour' thing happening - but if T:ANE is like TS12, it'll 'ignore' warnings, but throw a fit over errors (or is it the other way around? I forget)...was an interesting experiment - but its working so I'm happy (since there's a LOT of stuff that it 'breaks')

Something just finished, a group of 5 Black Kites circling. I saw a lot of these between Cairns and Townsville. They like to fly over fires waiting for critters to run out. When cane burning was still used could be seen in large numbers.
c8dcf28d5c338df1c5f99f20bb125c72.jpg

Back