Australian screenshots

NR's 29&77 about to climb upgrade towards Cowan.

2019-11-15-073435.jpg

Cheers
David
Scenery looks fictional with trainspotting.
Terrific stuff there David. Love that realistic weathered skin of the NR class in IP (latest) and PacNat livery. Hope to use it when released to public.
Are the run no’s. of the loco automatic and changeable at the same time?

Ranciderwrich

Last edited:
A few more randoms.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Also the missing dependency to the Y Class and D Class I uploaded days ago is a T:ANE built in, the update to it has been passed on to a Victrainz uploader and will be available when he's ready.

Cheers.

Scenery looks fictional with trainspotting.
Terrific stuff there David. Love that realistic weathered skin of the NR class in IP (latest) and PacNat livery. Hope to use it when released to public.
Are the run no’s. of the loco automatic and changeable at the same time?

Ranciderwrich

Those NR's are just private reskins and aren't getting released. Steven is working hard on getting some new NR's made currently.

Cheers, Stefan.

Last edited:
The current theme for the 'Screenshot of the Week Competition' forum is neglect. This touched a core in me , and I have posted the below entry (based on photos in the local media at the time).

02/06/2010. Riddled with white ants following years of neglect, the Cowra Lachlan St bridge is demolished, seemingly putting the kibosh on any chance of the Cowra-Canowindra-Eugowra line of ever reopening.

Neglect.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Phil,

Some more randoms.....

I'd like to release the H-cars but I've buggered up the scripts, for now I'm focusing on getting steam locos released.

Cheers.

Great shots people!

This one is one of my recent Screen Shot competition entries. Probably should put it here also. trainfan2017 also has a great entry in the competition. Check us out. Vote! Submit your own entry in next weeks competition!

They're always in such a hurry.
They%27re-always-in-such-a-hurry..jpg

Hi Phil
Love the way you are refreshing this old, tired route.
The screenshots here and in your own thread are fantastic. I think I remember that the station masters wife was the gate keeper, the other gates were either closed all night or only closed by staff as required for train movement. The space near the Zouch St Bridge and the wool sidings was a fuel depot. Golden Fleece? There was also a Caltex fuel depot at the same sort of position further west ( SE corner of goods yard).
If you are in Young this weekend you should be able to score a feed of fresh picked cherries. I dont know if Arabins Orchard is still open on Elizabeth St (Cowra Rd), ask if they have any Supremes in yet.

For those of you who are interested in Southlines, Phil is working off the 2014 version. When he approached me about this several months ago, I sent him my latest model, updated via TANE and TS19, thinking that would help him, unfortunately it had a lot of what are now payware textures which I had used thinking they were included so he is quite correctly decided not using my later version. Phil found it easier to modify the older version, and as I really respect the work he is doing I am happy for him to add that portion from Young to Monteagle to Weddin. I will delete that section from Southlines for future releases. It will remain part of Weddin.
Phil has shown how a few added texture, splines and trees can improve things. He has also filled (Philed in?) in some scenic gaps. Mr Graslash has also shown how to quickly update older routes and just looking at the work people like them are doing makes my old stuff so amateurish.
I need to go back to my trackwork in quite a few places, the newer procedural track seems to lie on the ground a bit different, needs a few more spline points to look right and I am adding interlocking towers at base level for any session minded person, (like I tried to make as session for 14 Southlines in the Morning session before interlocking towers existed). The trees and textures still need a lot of work too. Lots of work.
Sorry for no photos of my own in this photo thread.

Thanks again Phil

Tom

Hi Tom. I've been away for a few days and just got back and have been going through this thread. I thought I had posted a reply to your (quoted) post, but I seem to have stuffed up. The below is the jist of what I thought I had already posted.

Really want to thank Tom for his work on the jigsaw piece that connects so many other southern NSW routes.

You say you think your old work looks amateurish. My response...all our old work looks amateurish looking back on it.

Also want to say... we all look at the world in a slightly different way. I have learnt quite a few things and techniques from working with Toms 2014 Southlines route. These techniques I will try to incorporate in future updates to Weddin.

On topic...

This week's Screenshot comp theme is Thanksgiving. Early morning, Canowindra (Australia), 26th November 1970.
Early-morning%2C-Canowindra-%28Australia%29%2C--28th-November-2019..jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

The NR's that are being worked on over at ATD are coming along nicely!

Meanwhile the route that is below is a DEM of a section between Parkeston and West Kalgoorlie.

2019-11-27-073714.jpg

Cheers
David

NR's look great David, how is the NHFF/NHSH coming along out of interest?

Thanks Aaron, Steven has done a good job on them so far.

In regards to the hoppers they just require a few minor things done to them, load etc.

Hopefully will be released in the not to distant future. :D

Cheers
David

Good stuff mate, as always I am eagerly awaiting my chance to play with the new toys from ATD. haha
Thanks for sharing the updates with us. :)

The few hours I've gotten on the game over the last week I've been doing some scenery work in the Dry Creek area using PBR textures and here's how it's looking so far. Once I've got some time on my hands I'll start to tackle the Adelaide Hills to Tailem Bend
Firstly with have the Indian Pacific from Perth making it's way thru Dry Creek North on it's way to Mile End.

The Penrice Stonie in the background preparing to leave while AN4 leads a Port Augusta shuttle into the Trench at Dry Creek South.

With iconic plumes of Alco smoke 953 and 841 depart Dry Creek

A little further down the line sees the Alco pair cruising over the swamps into Mawson Lakes Station.

Cheers, Watsup.

While adding a low platform station for one of the FER' routes, after I adjusted the passenger height, I found these two!

Probably 'very close' friends; or they have become 'quite attached' to one another.

Not everyone could be that lucky!

Cheers,
Roy

Back