Australian screenshots

X41-X48 getting ready to depart Merriford with a combined containers/coil train...

pnxscontscoils.jpg

Beautiful screenshots and nicely detailed layout Erik. You are 'raising-the-bar' for us Aussies, so we can learn a lot from your experience.

As usual, great shots Graeme and Tom. Keep it up guys.

Cheers,
Roy

QR Kingaroy - Proston Branch by Patchy
Byee - Murgon

cheers
Graeme

Love the videos Graeme. I find using videos is a good way to double-check your layout, and to make sure everything is positioned right.

Great work mate - Keep it up.

Cheers,
Roy

There are a number of buildings around the CBD of Sydney that stand out as being easily recognised as ,... 'Sydney'.

A couple of new models for the re-designing of my Sydney route.

2018-03-20_163504.jpg

Prince Alfred Sub Station, Eveleigh Admin building, Machine Workshop Eveleigh, Old Dept of NSW building, Sydney Dental Hospital at Central, and the now National Innovation Building previously a machine workshop.
2018-03-20_162210.jpg

Today, a simple model of Customs House Circular Quay, to fit in with The Museum of Contemporary Art which is already on my route.
2018-03-20_162236.jpg

A better view of the Sydney Dental Hospital and in front, the Civic Hotel which needs a little more work.
Cheers,
Roy

Nice buildings Roy, no stopping you now, lol. :D
This video is of The Overland running past the silos at Sunshine and through Tottenham Yard.
cheers
Graeme

Nice buildings Roy, no stopping you now, lol. :D
This video is of The Overland running past the silos at Sunshine and through Tottenham Yard.

cheers
Graeme

Thanks mate.
Great video Graeme. You've got good frame-rates, well detailed and a nice smooth ride. Great work.

Cheers,
Roy

The ferry wharves around Sydney Harbour have been constructed individually to suit different settings.

With that in mind, here's one of Pyrmont Bay Wharf (first attempt). It looks better floating on water.

Capture_Pyrmont_Wharf.jpg

2018-03-22_114533.jpg

2018-03-22_115022.jpg
Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Hey Graeme,

Nice video's, wouldn't the lines through the Totty yard have speed restrictions? looks like you went flying through there, also as to the Harris sets I noticed you run them as 6 cars, they actually run as 2x motors and 2x trailers for off-peak and 3x motors and 4x trailers for peak, the BT car has a auto coupler at one end that couples to the other 4 car set so it's M-T-T-M-BT-T-M.

Cheers.

Footplatephil just recently re-released his iconic "Weddin" Route (Cowra branch line, NSW) onto the DLS as an updated TANE SP2 version. I have made some mods (for my own purpose and not for distribution) where I have replaced the billboard flora trees and shrubs with SpeedTrees v6 analogues, replaced the Auran era switch levers with more prototypical examples and added Elstoko's excellent point rodding and cranks. Some sample screenshots.

1. Cowra Station: A CPH railmotor destined for one of the sub-branchlines and a C30 with a mixed passenger-goods consists wait for their respective departure times

Cowra2.jpg

2. Canowindra: A grain consist waits on the grain loop
canowindra.jpg

Thanks Guys,
@Roy, smooth until those 80 odd wagons in the yard came into view with process behind camera turned on.
@Jamie, Really can't remember which way they went, but it looked better than the default path down an empty track in the yard. :D
@Aaron, Honestly I was only doing 60kmh. 33 years between "Please explain speed" blisters isn't too bad. :p No signalling or speed signs as yet.
cheers
Graeme

Just opposite the National Maritime Museum at Pyrmont is the Pyrmont Bridge Hotel. On a few occasions in my past life, I was obliged to shout a few workmates several rounds of beer at this pub,... so I can vouch for the quality of the Tooheys brew.

Anyway, here's a model I knocked up today, to go on my next route.

2018-03-23_001108.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Back