Australian screenshots

Roy: :Y::Y:.

Mick: Nice shot bud, and nice to see you here again.

And nice work everybody else too.
// Erik from Sweden

Erik: Thanks :clap::clap: mate, it is your work and attention to detail that inspires me. Great screenshots as usual.

Cheers, Roy

Eric nice work yourself mate as usual how do you make this stuff look so real ?, I swear to god if i could get my content to look like that i'd stick with Aussie stuff LOL.

I feel the same way Mick, he makes my junk look pretty good...

Anyways.....

Been shunting Wodonga with No. 320....

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hey Graeme, with this one below I think you'll need to fix the grade up as I have stalled every single train here when I stop at the signals to set the roads, after investigating it turns out to be a 1in45 / 2.2% when the actual grade should be 1in75 / 1.33% (with it being 1in45 the train tonnage needs to be rated as 1in40 / 2.5%)
A-1in45-Grade....%3F-Bugga%21.jpg

Cheers.

I feel the same way Mick, he makes my junk look pretty good...
Yeah same here Azza LOL Least you get your junk finished, By the way nice work on all the vans mate I grabbed them all last night great work.
Cheers Mick.:)

Hey guys,

For all NSW route-builders, you need to download elstoko's latest addition to his range of NSW Catenary assets.

It's available on the DLS today and called,.. <kuid:368725:20460> NSW interface for joining double-track to single-track catenary assets - I've tried it and it works fine.

This is an interface placed at junctions, to simplify the connecting-up of catenary wires from double to single tracks or for crossovers from one track to another.

Because it is also height-adjustable to 20m, it gives you the flexibility when setting junctions above ground level, such as with elevated track on bridges, an overpass, embankments, etc - The 'snap-to' spline point makes it easier on the eyes.

Instruction notes come with the asset, or check this post, .... NSW catenary splines with stanchions

I'll now be using the catenary range on my Sydney layout. I guess I'll have to 'tidy-up' my track-laying to match it all now. lol.

Another great job elstoko - Well done mate!

Cheers,
Roy

Hey all nice screenshots it looks great!

Not sure if anyone has heard of this problem before but on my CFCLA VL Class Locomotives the texturing on it is all fuzzy and when I looked at errors and warnings it said change .im to .lm not sure what it means by this but I went and changed all .im to .lm and it was just faulty. I have also tried re-downloading them but that wasn't successful. I'm currently using Trainz a new era SP3.

If anyone knows the issue please tell me.

Cheers, Ryan

Maybe try downloading them again Ryan i grabbed them the other day and put them in Tane SP3 and they look pretty snazzy to me mate.
2018-07-27_194137.jpg

Cheers Mick.:)
P.S Not sure what Elstoko has up his sleeve Roy but he has sum amazing content on the DLS so I urge all Aussie's to grab it and check it out.

Hey Graeme, with this one below I think you'll need to fix the grade up as I have stalled every single train here when I stop at the signals to set the roads, after investigating it turns out to be a 1in45 / 2.2% when the actual grade should be 1in75 / 1.33% (with it being 1in45 the train tonnage needs to be rated as 1in40 / 2.5%)

Cheers.
Hmmm, That would be because I didn't check the gradients on Jamies trackwork. :eek: I've found a lot that needs fixing since release.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
one of the most handiest tools for doing over head wiring is often overlooked tool by natvander template spacing tool
KUID:61119:1080
Hey guys,

For all NSW route-builders, you need to download elstoko's latest addition to his range of NSW Catenary assets.

It's available on the DLS today and called,.. <kuid:368725:20460> NSW interface for joining double-track to single-track catenary assets - I've tried it and it works fine.

This is an interface placed at junctions, to simplify the connecting-up of catenary wires from double to single tracks or for crossovers from one track to another.

Because it is also height-adjustable to 20m, it gives you the flexibility when setting junctions above ground level, such as with elevated track on bridges, an overpass, embankments, etc - The 'snap-to' spline point makes it easier on the eyes.

Instruction notes come with the asset, or check this post, .... NSW catenary splines with stanchions

I'll now be using the catenary range on my Sydney layout. I guess I'll have to 'tidy-up' my track-laying to match it all now. lol.

Another great job elstoko - Well done mate!

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
one of the most handiest tools for doing over head wiring is often overlooked tool by natvander template spacing tool
KUID:61119:1080

Good point Dave. I've used the template several times, but then I've got lazy and as you say overlooked.

Yes, when it comes to trackwork, and you want it to look the best, then any 'tools' that are available should be a fixed part of the procedure.

Cheers,
Roy

Nice shots everyone keep it up, I managed to fix the VL by updating some Texture details in tane.

V98 Passing Woonona In the heavy rain with a Port Kembla service. My Route is currently from Engadine to Port Kembla.

Cheers, Ryan

worked my way up to Sutherland now on my route, also made some stations on the Cronulla Line such as Kirrawee and Gymea.

here are some pics of the trackwork around Sutherland.

Cheers, Ryan

worked my way up to Sutherland now on my route, also made some stations on the Cronulla Line such as Kirrawee and Gymea.

here are some pics of the trackwork around Sutherland.
Cheers, Ryan

Great work Ryan. Keep it up mate.

Out with the modern and in with the old. These are some of the 1950s wharves which I've been working on at Circular Quay. Buildings have not been put in place yet.

No 2 wharf was one of the last to be renovated from the 1920s style to the 1950s. So an additional structure representing this period will be placed at the entry. There was also a No 7 wharf in 1920 style still in existence when the Cahill Expressway was constructed, and I'm still working on that one.
CQ_WHARVES_1950_S.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Hi all,

As usual I've been lurking in the shadows but still keeping an eye on the great work seen on this forum.

Roy - great work as usual on your layout!

Ryan - The Illawarra/South Coast route is coming along very nicely, can't wait for it!

Bit more progress on the Helga made.

helga2.jpg

Just need to finish off the alpha numbering, do some proper bogies (currently sitting on RL ones for the testing purposes) and do a bit more tweaking to the mesh and textures and she'll be ready to go beta.

Keep up the great work everyone! :D

Cheers,

Matt

Back