Australian screenshots

Redfern Station has been getting reworked over the past week. I've added a new wide gantry, catenary posts and elstoko's cat wires.

Also I've modeled a dual arched lamp-post which holds old style platform signs.

I found Zec's VR Platform Seat - 01 to be ideal.
REDFERN-J.jpg

REDFERN-K.jpg

REDFERN-L.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Nice going there Ryan. You'll have it all come together one day mate - Well done.

In reality, when we look out a window from a tall building to check the view, we generally only catch a glimpse of one or two objects that stands out in our mind; and then our brain seems to blur-out the rest of the picture.

When we are detailing sections of our route, I've found it's very easy to overlook some items to make up the overall image that we are trying to achieve. So having screenshots at our disposal are quite important to us.

Screenshots capture the moment or a particular angle, which enables the route-builder to ponder over what they have created; and then they can decide whether it is necessary or not, to add more items.

When we visit a railway station today we take for granted what coin or card operated machines and objects surround us. Back-dating a route 60 years has been an experience for me and it's easy to forget what we didn't have back then.

Well, enough of my rambling - I'll get back to work. Now that I've made a platform lamp-post I've got to find out how to add night-mode.

Keep up the great work guys.

Cheers,
Roy

Parramatta & Doonside

Hey all,

Been doing a bit of work towards the west. At the moment I'm trying to get detail done to major areas such as Parramatta, Blacktown, Penrith, St Marys etc. along with places that I know well. It is pretty difficulty to pinpoint what went where when backdating a route to the late-60s, especially in Parramatta.

Anyway, I've attached a couple of screenshots from the west.

3826 heads the Up Forbes Mail into Parramatta.

3137 heads a local service into Doonside.

Cheers,
Jonesy

Hey all,

Been doing a bit of work towards the west. At the moment I'm trying to get detail done to major areas such as Parramatta, Blacktown, Penrith, St Marys etc. along with places that I know well. It is pretty difficulty to pinpoint what went where when backdating a route to the late-60s, especially in Parramatta.

Anyway, I've attached a couple of screenshots from the west.
3826 heads the Up Forbes Mail into Parramatta.
3137 heads a local service into Doonside.
Cheers,
Jonesy

Great work Jonesy. I do like the range of houses with front verandahs you've selected for Parramatta. Very typical of that era.

Good stuff mate, keep it up.

Cheers.
Roy.

Great work Jonesy. I do like the range of houses with front verandahs you've selected for Parramatta. Very typical of that era.

Good stuff mate, keep it up.

Cheers.
Roy.

Cheers Roy. The NZ houses have a great slection and they're nicely detailed too! Needless to say they'll be used a lot along the line as I head further west!

Cheers,
Jonesy

Keep tuning on those fine scenery detailing of your route Ryan. They are INCREDIBLY coming to life with your work. Love ALL of the shots from other railfans. They are IMPRESSIVE.

Ryan,
Out of the question: Is there a particular reason Y you've friend requested me for since it says on my notification tab wit your usern on it? I just wanted to know that's all, nothing major

Regards,
Lspdyiu
(soon changing to Ranciderwrich as my new usern)

Keep tuning on those fine scenery detailing of your route Ryan. They are INCREDIBLY coming to life with your work. Love ALL of the shots from other railfans. They are IMPRESSIVE.

Ryan,
Out of the question: Is there a particular reason Y you've friend requested me for since it says on my notification tab wit your usern on it? I just wanted to know that's all, nothing major

Regards,
Lspdyiu
(soon changing to Ranciderwrich as my new usern)

Thanks for the feedback, I dunno what I was doing I was just stuffing around my Messages (still have no clue how to use it lol)

On an unrelated note, how pathetic is the search system? I searched for the title of this post - nothing showed!!! Now, to get back to the Bathurst Line, brb....
Circa 1920, Fish River near Locksley. I've merged a TransDem map with my own, saving me months of contouring work. I've almost spent a year on it now.

Fish-River-near-Locksley-NSW-with-trees%21.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Phil on the WeddinNSW v4 release! and well done everyone with your photos.

Id like to thank steven for providing the Mesh of the NHSH Pacific National Coal Hoppers. they have been fun to texture and edit and i sure have learnt alot. here are some photos of some of the different liveries. the wagons use the chameleon script which David set up for me, so thanks to David for that!
the wagons are edging closer to being finished.

]

Cheers, Ryan

Harold are you using the newest version of the loco as the autonumbering is not working = can I get the kuid please as will have to check out what is going wrong

Oops, my bad! I didn't assign a running number to the loco in the session Harold appears to be running. Should the tender (73150:100301) being showing a running number? (assigning one to the tender made no difference)

Last edited:
I have just done a big up grade to the steamers and put the lines in the config to do the auto numbering for TANE/19 if you using a post update loco kuid then the auto numbers should work in all new session if the updated loco are downloaded = tender should in theroy if I have done the config right, by magic pick up the locos running number
Oops, my bad! I didn't assign a running number to the loco in the session Harold appears to be running. Should the tender (73150:100301) being showing a running number? (assigning one to the tender made no difference)

Back