Australian screenshots

scratchy_5d499924e801c.jpg
[/IMG]

I have installed TRS2019 and started work on WeddinNSW V4. Currently playing with the lighting parameters....

Morning, Eugowra

Morning%2C-Eugowra.jpg

Lunch at Canowindra

Midday%2C-Canowindra.jpg

Midday%2C-Canowindra.jpg

I always find the screen shots from your retrospective Sydney route fascinating Roy. I remember as a child going to the AMP rooftop (tallest in Sydney !), and spending one of Dad's pennies to look through the telescope. My Grandmother (mother's mother) lived in Lindfield, and we would catch the train to Circular Quay, then a lift to the very top of the building! For a wide eyed country boy it was a big day out in the city.

Thanks Phil, I more or less did the same thing. Lived at Willoughby, grandparents at Chatswood and East Lindfield, but I had started work when the AMP building was finished. Spent my pennies and soaked up the fabulous view from the roof.

Another building that was demolished for the Harbour Bridge expansion on the northern side was Frank Delandro (Ford), which was on the opposite corner to the old Orpheum Theatre. One of my mates worked as an apprentice mechanic for Frank, so I'll include a model of that on my route as well. You'll see it if you catch a tram from North Sydney into the City.
SCREEN-FRANK-DELANDRO.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

I don't recall it, but what a classic time piece that Frank Delandro (Ford) building was! A terrific model. I know its supposed to be about TrainS, but its so good to be able to "document" our history in Trainz.

I don't recall it, but what a classic time piece that Frank Delandro (Ford) building was! A terrific model. I know its supposed to be about TrainS, but its so good to be able to "document" our history in Trainz.

Thanks mate. Frank Delandro's was the last building you saw before entering the SHB approach by car or bus, as well as, travelling by tram towards Milsons Point Station.

We are very fortunate that Sydney over the years, has had a wide transport mechanism in operation;... not only on both sides of our harbour, but on our harbour.

The 1950's would have them all, steam trains, diesels, electrics, buses, trams, ferries, helicopters and Catalina Flying Boats, all happening at the same time.

All of these can be portrayed and remembered in Trainz; and that's what I'm attempting to recreate.

Cheers,
Roy

I did a bit of a refresh to the CPH last weekend and sent to DLS no idea why it not showing on the DLS

Going to start to on the weekend looking to bring all diesels peter and I have done up to build 3.5 (ts12) - mainly doing the Tuscan ones as they are my main area of interest 1960s - 1980 - then the steam fleet before then looking at freight and passenger cars

the is mainly so the auto number will work in trs19

Great shots Ryan - You've certainly been busy, mate.

Another building demolished to make way for the north shore arterial highway was the Orpheum Theatre at North Sydney. This can also be seen by Tram on the run into the City.

SCREEN-TRAM-1.jpg

SCREEN-TRAM-2.jpg

I'd started these models some time ago, but never got around to finishing them. The more I look the more I find.

Cheers,
Roy

The little odd shaped building to the east of the refern entrance building at the other end of the brick wall, currently has a bricked up entrance with a bullnose awning above it. This makes me think it was a shop. does anyone know what type of shop? eg newsagent, convenience store drycleaners

cheers
Pete

The little odd shaped building to the east of the refern entrance building at the other end of the brick wall, currently has a bricked up entrance with a bullnose awning above it. This makes me think it was a shop. does anyone know what type of shop? eg newsagent, convenience store drycleaners

cheers
Pete

Hey Pete, I could be wrong, but I think originally it may have been used for selling flowers. I can only remember it having a roller-door on the face and it was always shut.

Cheers,
Roy

I have not put detail inside the main building as I cant find pics of it:(

apart from that finished with the florist shop complete with shutter. I will export to trainz. Roy could you pm your email address and I will send the exported model to you so that you can release it

Pete

bldgcomplete.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking sharp Ryan. As a train crew based in Lithgow, I think you've certainly captured the yard well.

Agree with other comments Ryan. I'm totally not qualified to comment on the accuracy of your modelling (although I did go there once :) ), but I loved the photographic realism of your screenshots.

Hi Roy, i have a few deliveries i must do Roy, sorry for late reply as i have been very busy with the flowers,, yes i did a dual lane one way,, i'll get back to you late,,
cheers

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Waiting for the road to head up to Holmwood silo - NSW central west harvest in full swing, quad 48's on branch lines

Last edited:
Back