Australian screenshots

does anyone have drawings, or dimensions, or photos of the redfern station entrance building(s)? I'm interested in doing a model of it, it might come in handy on a couple of routes
cheers
Pete

does anyone have drawings, or dimensions, or photos of the redfern station entrance building(s)? I'm interested in doing a model of it, it might come in handy on a couple of routes
cheers
Pete

I have collected a few pictures for when my route gets to Redfern...... these will need to be photo-shopped to get the correct perspective but its a starting point.

Night time

jGC1rpv.jpg

Daytime

RmT7qBk.jpg

Along side the coal hoppers, Steven Has also made some BGKF's. Iv been working on the skins for both of them and they're planned to be realised on ATD when they're finished.
Though id show a couple shots of them.

The Second wagon in this picture, the Reflective white rectangles were out of line and have since been fixed.

Cheers, Ryan

Good shot of the new type coal hoppers there Ryan. When it is completed will it have end train marker that David had previously made? Do you still plan to skin the wagons based off from various company liveries then use script for selection of similar skins/paintwork?

Lspdyiu

Good shot of the new type coal hoppers there Ryan. When it is completed will it have end train marker that David had previously made? Do you still plan to skin the wagons based off from various company liveries then use script for selection of similar skins/paintwork?

Lspdyiu

Hey Lspdyiu, The wagons will have ETM’s but that will be something Steven is going to add after I finish the skins. With the livery’s, I’m doing the PN hoppers covered in graffiti and Dirt like they are today. Maybe in the future after I finish I might make the earlier freight Corp version of the hoppers.

cheers, Ryan

Hey all,
QR Nationals 2270 and 2275 lead a loaded 6C86 in South West Queensland

8snXnFf0

Also, Check ATD for the newest releases!
Cheers

Last edited:
sorry rjord, I didnt realise that a new one had been built, I was after the old one on the bridge
cheers
Pete

sorry rjord, I didnt realise that a new one had been built, I was after the old one on the bridge
cheers
Pete

If I can't find a great photo for the textures I always go to Google Earth and Streetview gives me a starting point which I can then modify if needed with photoshop.
So with the picture below I capture this image and then the ones to the left and right till I have the entire building.

If the top of the building as seen in the top right does not appear in the picture grab a picture of that and copy paste into main picture
If people are walking by edit them out.

I use this method to create shops, houses and apartment blocks in Streetview

With the dimensions I always use Google Earth ruler to calculate the length and width.
Then if you have the picture cropped so there is no gap in the picture to the left and right of the building , knowing the length of the picture you can work out the height of various parts of the building (eg to top of wall or to top of roof)

PQnR2Qe.jpg

Last edited:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Due to some "event" in Cowra in the early hours 5th August 1944 an urgent troop train was sent from Sydney to help out
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Brushing of a few cobwebs in TANE while I wait for my boxed TRS2019 to be delivered

Steam crosses diesel at Greenethorpe. Taken through the WeddinNSW lineside cameras.

Approaching-Greenethorpe.jpg

Steam-crosses-diesel-at-Greenethorpe.jpg

Steam-crosses-diesel-at-Greenethorpe.jpg

Last edited:
I've just downloaded your latest version Phil, shall have a look as soon as I get a chance (don't hold your breath!). Looks good from those pics, and yes I've known about the Cowra break out for 40+ years.

I am currently working on a TRS19 version - update - of the Blayney - Cowra line = so excitedly waiting for the TRS19 Weddin lines

Brushing of a few cobwebs in TANE while I wait for my boxed TRS2019 to be delivered

Steam crosses diesel at Greenethorpe. Taken through the WeddinNSW lineside cameras.

A little more work done around Redfern with some platform buildings.
screen-RED1.jpg

screen-red2.jpg

Also overlooking Circular Quay, I installed Caltex House which was the tallest building in Sydney before the AMP was built.
screen-CQ-1.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
I always find the screen shots from your retrospective Sydney route fascinating Roy. I remember as a child going to the AMP rooftop (tallest in Sydney !), and spending one of Dad's pennies to look through the telescope. My Grandmother (mother's mother) lived in Lindfield, and we would catch the train to Circular Quay, then a lift to the very top of the building! For a wide eyed country boy it was a big day out in the city.

Last edited:
Back