Australian screenshots

Nice shot Tom!
Intercapital Daylight passing Junee depot in the mid afternoon enroute to Melbourne
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Great shot Graeme and thanks for the compliments.

I've done some research today on getting assets to 'roll'; so,... I made a change to the config and tested it on one of my latest driveway ramps to see how it looks.
pathway-2.jpg

It may be useful on some hilly landscapes, but then tying it up to work with other items, can be another problem, particularly if it's a spline. Hilly sites need buildings with deep foundations.
pathway-1.jpg

Whoops! This shot reminds me of a B & B we stayed in, when we were in Wales. Anything you dropped on the floor rolled to one wall.

I've also been working on a few Aussie terraces, which I'll include in my route. This one is a spline and looks better on a flat surface.
pathway-4.jpg

I've also widened an asphalt footpath, driveway and corner asset, which can also be used to tuck under street-front buildings in narrow roads.
pathway-3.jpg

The back ramps are for an entry and exit to a servo base which I'm also working on.

Cheers,
Roy

A little more work on 'tilting' some driveway ramps 3m, 4m, 5m, 6m and 8.5m wide (shift + rotation tool). I've set them at (-20, +20) so anything steeper is just bad luck.
These assets have also been built for a 5m wide pathway, and is a little wider than the first set on the DLS.

sloping-ramps.jpg

'Corner' pavement assets on a slope do need some extra thought, as the rotation works only on the y-z range. Maybe producing a 2nd asset set at 90 degrees to work the opposite way.

Back to the drawing board.

Cheers,
Roy

A little further work with my driveway ramps. I've rebuilt them again, this time with an additional spline attachment point to allow for some concrete drives to the garage or carport.
paths.jpg

The ramps also rotate -20 & +20 degrees to allow for some slopes.

A little more tweaking and I'll upload them to the DLS.

Cheers,

Roy

Great work Roy, you read my mind about the extra attachment point.
Any chance of making the driveways a bit dirtier and your grass in the footpath a little browner as they look a little to 'clean and lush' for use in drought ridden country towns?
Keep it up as these are very useful asserts.
PG

Last edited:
Great work Roy, you read my mind about the extra attachment point.
Any chance of making the driveways a bit dirtier and your grass in the footpath a little browner as they look a little to 'clean and lush' for use in drought ridden country towns?
Keep it up as these are very useful asserts.
PG

Thanks Peter, I have been looking for some dirtier, tyre-marked driveway textures and I'm currently testing a few out. Some textures look ideal when applied to the model, but when they are uploaded into Trainz, they can take on a different appearance.

screenie-8.jpg

Also I've found the grass isn't always greener on the other side. By the way, do they actually have driveways in drought-ridden country towns? lol

To create a little variety, I've just knocked up another 4m wide driveway spline, this time with a grass insert. It's set to repeat after stretching 30m and should cover the average distance from a garage to the street.

screenie-7.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Nice work there Peter. I notice you are using a RH drive intersection, but your vehicles are parked on the left hand side.

Coffee break ? ..... No rest for the wicked, mate. Life is too short. lol

Cheers,

Roy

Well spotted Roy, your usual eye for detail which I sometimes lack.
Graeme,
Ive decided to add another few K's onto the Southern NSW routes with the Lake Cargellico Branch with the first stage to Stockingbingal or possibly Temora.
It will merge at Cootamundra just west of the junction with the Main South.

PG

Well spotted Roy, your usual eye for detail which I sometimes lack.
Graeme,
Ive decided to add another few K's onto the Southern NSW routes with the Lake Cargellico Branch with the first stage to Stockingbingal or possibly Temora.
It will merge at Cootamundra just west of the junction with the Main South.

PG
Cootamundra is where I'm extending my main south route to. Happy days, they might meet up one day :D
cheers
Graeme

Got Bored something im working on, but not good at this ... Leyland PD3Queen Mary Open Top bus kit repaint using the original livery the Daimler driveable buses was released, Steve Flanders Railcar driver added ... Just a bit of fun

Tom
Sydney-Open-top-bus.jpg

Last edited:
Great working complex switch puzzle you have there going into shed Spur on left.....

Thanks Roy.

A week's worth of bush fires blazing through the Mitchell River National Park were cause for smokey conditions at Bairnsdale as T363 & T397 prepare to depart with a DOWN Orbost Goods. 1971
2019-05-06-204342.jpg

Cheers
Tim

:wave: Hello Tim,

;)Was browsing the pics in this Thread today, and when I came across this one, I saw a most interesting switch puzzle on left side her to the Shed. same track comes from to separate main lines to get into that spur, I have to try this out, saves using up another Cross Over from beyond these switch points.......:p I like Switch puzzles like this one, food for thought in my mind.....Have a great weekend.....

Great working complex switch puzzle you have there going into shed Spur on left.....

Thanks Roy.

A week's worth of bush fires blazing through the Mitchell River National Park were cause for smokey conditions at Bairnsdale as T363 & T397 prepare to depart with a DOWN Orbost Goods. 1971
2019-05-06-204342.jpg

Cheers
Tim

:wave: Hello Tim,

;)Was browsing the pics in this Thread today, and when I came across this one, I saw a most interesting switch puzzle on left side her to the Shed. same track comes from to separate main lines to get into that spur, I have to try this out, saves using up another Cross Over from beyond these switch points.......:p I like Switch puzzles like this one, food for thought in my mind.....Have a great weekend.....

Beautiful switch-work Tim - No doubt you've done it several times before mate.

To get away from all the Election 'hoohaa' over this past weekend, I thought I would re-build Museum Station on my layout as a single asset. It's much more rewarding than politics.
screen-mus1.jpg

This time, I've back-dated all the advertising posters to the 1950s. However I've purposely left the platforms off the asset so that they can be inter-changed to match the era.
screen-mus2.jpg

A 'Red Rattler' pulling into Museum Station
screen-mus-3.jpg

Many thanks to Steve123 for the use of his subway lights, curved ceiling and subway catenary.
screen-mus4.jpg

Now that I've completed that, I guess I'll probably need to make some similar changes to the other City Circle stations. Boy I'm a glutton for this.

Cheers,
Roy

Museum is looking great Roy. The effort you put in now will greatly increase your satisfaction when it's complete.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Empty grain departing Benalla for Oaklands

cheers
Graeme

Museum is looking great Roy. The effort you put in now will greatly increase your satisfaction when it's complete.
cheers
Graeme

Yeah, I know you're right Graeme. I tend to look at what I've done, find all the faults, then try to make it better. Hopefully it will all come together in my lifetime.

Cheers,
Roy

I've just read what I posted yesterday, and it's true.
I still wasn't happy with my Museum Station renovations, so I've updated it again. Hopefully, this time it's as close as it's going to be.

This is what it looked like originally with heaps of splines in all directions.
Old-Museum-Station.jpg

This is what it looks like now. (and back to the 1950s)
Museum-Station.jpg

Simpler, but still with plenty of detail.
Museum-Station2.jpg

Museum-Station3.jpg
Cheers,
Cheers,
Roy

St. James Station on my Sydney route also needed an overhaul, so I've minimized the splines, re-worked the building, added some new textures and hopefully, it'll all work when I press the 'on-switch'.

Here's an aerial shot - As you can see the layout looks a little different from my original.
SCREEN-60-C.jpg

I found an older style platform seat which is re-nameable and more 1950ish.
SCREEN-60.jpg

SCREEN-60-A.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Looking good there fellas!!

T363 sits at Castlemaine with a WCR Charter special ready to depart for Maldon, while A62 departs with the UP Swan Hill pass...
t363a62special.jpg

t363special.jpg

Back