Australian screenshots

Yeah it’s the 82 class Dylan is making for ATD. If it was a reskin I don’t think I’m aloud to post reskins due to copy right reasons and stuff like that.

Also the track is sam track but iv modified the ballast on it.

Timber Yard Sheds
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I have changed the wooden texture siz of the loco inspection sheds and the produce shed and i will place them for download tomorrow and i will be changing all the tunnels as well,,
Cheers

[/FONT]

Ryan,

Try pm memeboy and see if he can point you in the right direction. Probably the board admin has temporarily closed down the website god knows why.

Alternatively, you can search up his name and look through his opening post through his thread. If that solution doesn’t do any good pm him.

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Last edited:
Roy, you could use the same track but the trackbed isn’t necessary within the tunnel network based routes. Examples of sleeper track with no ballast in Sydney routes in an underground tunnel network are:
• Eastern Suburbs and Illawarra Line Relief Lines
• City Circle Line
• Epping to Chatswood Rail Link (Lifted)
• Sydney Metro Line (WIP). Currently the line runs from Chatswood to Tallawong (recently completed and construction will continue extending further down the line into the the Sydney CBD, Sydenham and terminating at Bankstown (soon to be replacing the current existing Bankstown line to converting into Metro line. This is a brief heads up info.
The track types they use on these lines are high speed based rail fasteners in which the rail screws are nailed to the ground (no sleepers). This is commonly found on both the City Circle and the Epping to Chatswood line as well as the new Sydney Metro line. At Chatswood station the track type they use is the sleeperless track except it has a line of concrete slabs placed in between the rails. Something interesting I’d share to the members here.

Suggestions:
You can probably make a clone and reskin one of Elstokos track assets not containing track ballast on them & make the rail & rail ties (sleepers) in a dark texture or black to restrict that type of track is only for tunnel uses. But then, you’ll need transitional track to perfectly blend it in meaning that if the track is outside of the tunnel the rail and sleeper textures are relatively different due to the sunlight. It could possibly make a good difference.

OUTSIDE...........Transition........TUNNEL
..............................|.............,,ZONE
LIGHT————————|—————DARK

Regards,
Lspdyiu

Thanks very much for the info on the various Sydney track mate, I'll check it out and see what I can come up with. Bear in mind, that I am attempting to recreate Sydney transport of the 1950s era.

Last Friday, I spent most of the day searching through every Trainz track ever produced; then just when I was about to quit, I found this one, which actually comes close to the track laid in some sections of the City Circle.

I had to embed it in a concrete slab to get what I was looking for. (RRS Transit Tunnel Track - Dark Grey)
RRS-Transit-Track.jpg

I most probably won't be able to use this 'Transit Track' as it doesn't match the height of our NSWGR tracks.
comparison-tracks.jpg

I'll keep looking!

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Hi Roy,
The RRS Transit Tunnel Track you’re testing it out, you could exchange the RRS rail with the Protrack NSWGR rail (Elstokos) by changing the dependency asset for the rail in the config then submit the changes. Test it on a base route to see if the track types transition well.

Hope this’ll fix it
Regards,
Lspdyiu

Nice work David I'll certainly be keeping a eye on this one keep it up mate. Great work with ya tunnel stuff there Roy.
Cheers Mick.:)

Hi Roy,
The RRS Transit Tunnel Track you’re testing it out, you could exchange the RRS rail with the Protrack NSWGR rail (Elstokos) by changing the dependency asset for the rail in the config then submit the changes. Test it on a base route to see if the track types transition well.

Hope this’ll fix it
Regards,
Lspdyiu

Thanks for the suggestion mate, but unfortunately the track shown on the asset itself is not listed as a separate track kuid. Most probably built into the asset itself.

So it can't be interchanged; and as well, it cannot be changed without the authors permission. I wouldn't breach that, particularly if I intend to share my route.

Cheers,
Roy

Nice work David I'll certainly be keeping a eye on this one keep it up mate. Great work with ya tunnel stuff there Roy.
Cheers Mick.:)

Thanks Mick, will be a very long term project and still plenty of trees to add in those scenes.
Happy how it is looking so far but.

Back