Australian screenshots

Thanks Jamie, I got a bit bored with endless houses so I moved onto something with a bit of open space :D.
QR Kingaroy - Proston Branch
Kilkivan
2018-02-17_210734.jpg

2018-02-17_211209.jpg

2018-02-17_211335.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Hey'all, just need any of your assistance here
Which trees should i use for these following biomes
I'll list them here to show you

tundra.
taiga (also called boreal forest)
temperate deciduous forest.
scrub forest (called chaparral in California)
grassland.
desert.
tropical rain forest.
temperate rain forest.

Unless you have more biome types just jot them in

cos tree selections are doing my head in when creating a nice looking landscape since Im a recruit in scenery building
so just need help from anyone

Cheers
lspdyiu

Hey'all, just need any of your assistance here
Which trees should i use for these following biomes
I'll list them here to show you

tundra.
taiga (also called boreal forest)
temperate deciduous forest.
scrub forest (called chaparral in California)
grassland.
desert.
tropical rain forest.
temperate rain forest.

Unless you have more biome types just jot them in

cos tree selections are doing my head in when creating a nice looking landscape since Im a recruit in scenery building
so just need help from anyone

Cheers
lspdyiu
Hi Ispdyiu, I'd start by running your list through Google Images. That will give you an idea of the types of trees needed. A wikipedia search will give the names of trees in those areas.
In trainz, create a new route called trees and choose close matching ground textures for each biome. Loadup your installed trees and place on the route.
You can then choose the best ones for each biome type and drag to an individual picklist. To get the most trees to choose from, on the DLS filter for 3.9 minimum build and download anything above that. You can also move them to a picklist in CM. another tip is to organize them into groups and label with a basic sign, and you don't even need to lay any track.
Hope this helps
cheers
Graeme

Nice pic David, very realistic.
Just a couple between Tottenham and Sunshine showing the Brooklyn pilot bringing a rake of trucks back to Totty Yard.
2018-02-19_223652.jpg

2018-02-19_223734.jpg

cheers
Graeme

You're doing some nice work there Graeme. As Tom said, it's great to see some colour,.. and you're the guy who can make it happen. Keep it up mate.

I've been playing around with a modelling program lately, to see whether I can make some improvements to my Sydney Harbour layout. I've made several attempts on the Circular Quay wharves, and a few look like a 3 yo has had a go. I'll press on and see what turns up.

2018-02-21_115553.jpg

2018-02-20_231413.jpg

Cheers mate.

Roy

Nothing wrong with those wharves Roy, good on you for giving it a go. I could never wrap my head around modeling so I usually also build huge maps of Trackwork with no Scenery. :) hahaha

Great job Roy, nothing amateur about those wharves.
A few more shots of Jamies Geelong route.
A Harris suburban train on its way to the city express from Sunshine during the early morning peak hour, just edges in front of the Southern Aurora which, unusually for this era, is being hauled by a pair of NSW 422 Class.
2018-02-21_214626.jpg

2018-02-21_214952.jpg

2018-02-21_215304.jpg

2018-02-21_215854.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with those wharves Roy, good on you for giving it a go. I could never wrap my head around modeling so I usually also build huge maps of Trackwork with no Scenery. :) hahaha

Thanks Aaron !

I just wish my track and catenary work was half as good as yours. I'll keep trying!

Cheers mate,
Roy

Thanks Graeme for the compliment.

I've found 'Completely scrapping what you've done' then 'rebuilding it over and over' is a good lesson in getting things to look right.

I've just started on a model of Manly Wharf today;... knocked a few piles into the seabed and set some boundaries to lay the decking.

If I actually get it finished I may have to extend my Sydney Harbour layout.

Cheers,
Roy
Capture_-_Manly_Wharf.jpg

Hey Roy.

Don't forget the Sandbar under the road end when you put the wharf in place !
Gee the number of times we kids were caught smoking "dumpers" down there, what memories !

NormP.

Where did you find the Harris train please ?
Best answer I can give is; On an old external hard drive. I really don't recall how it got there. It could possibly have been from a mate's private collection or maybe from Victrainz, but either way I don't think it's available anywhere.
cheers
Graeme

Hey Roy, looks to me like you are progressing really well with that modeling!!!!
Keep up the work. I might have a model too soon!!!!!
Wont say what it is at the moment though....

Back