Page 2320 of 2329 FirstFirst ... 1320182022202270231023182319232023212322 ... LastLast
Results 34,786 to 34,800 of 34923

Thread: Australian screenshots

I've just read what I posted yesterday, and it's true.
    I still wasn't happy with my Museum Station renovations, so I've updated it again. Hopefully, this time it's as close as it's going to be.

This is what it looked like originally with heaps of splines in all directions.

This is what it looks like now. (and back to the 1950s)

Simpler, but still with plenty of detail.

Cheers,
    Cheers,
    Roy

St. James Station on my Sydney route also needed an overhaul, so I've minimized the splines, re-worked the building, added some new textures and hopefully, it'll all work when I press the 'on-switch'.

Here's an aerial shot - As you can see the layout looks a little different from my original.

I found an older style platform seat which is re-nameable and more 1950ish.

Cheers,
    Roy

Looking good there fellas!!

T363 sits at Castlemaine with a WCR Charter special ready to depart for Maldon, while A62 departs with the UP Swan Hill pass...

Hi all,

Some great looking screenshots there!

Roy- As someone who passes through Museum station regularly I can happily say you've nailed it, keep up the great work!

I'd thought I'd share my new project that I'm currently working on. The MP33C, aka the CFCLA CM class and Watco CBH class. (My first ever loco project in Blender)

I have been learning Blender for the last few months as I have decided to finally retire from building content in Gmax, though I do have a number of unfinished projects in Gmax that I will get around to finishing.

Anyway keep up the great work everyone!

Cheers,

Matt
    My Flickr Page, railway photos from across NSW!

On the 28th of May 1919, Melbourne saw it's first electric train services begin operation between Sandringham and Essendon (via Flinders Street and Spencer Street).

These first services lead the way for the suburban rail network that we see today, now carrying millions of people each year.

The first electric trains we had were a mix of swingdoor 'dogbox' trains, and sliding door tait trains, with both being able to run together. Both the Swingdoors and the Taits are on my list for future projects, however they are still a fair way off at this point.

However, to mark this important milestone in Victoria's railways, I have dug up some quite old Tait models that I was given permission to convert to Trainz quite a few years ago (sadly there were some issues that meant I decided not to release these), and have strung up some overhead wires on my Healesville route, so as to recreate one of the more interesting services that operated on our suburban network, an E train. Normally hauled by Dogbox motors, I believe they did sometimes operate with Taits, as seen here. The E-trains consisted of two electric motor cars, and then a string of country cars (often V or ABL cars in the later years), with the most well known services running to Lilydale and Frankston.

The train here is a combined set of cars going to Warburton (first 3 cars behind the electric motors), and Healesville (last 5 cars), which will be hauled by steam locomotives waiting at Lilydale.

Much thanks goes to Alexander Jamieson/Broad Gauge Trains, who created the original Tait motors, for Microsoft Train Simulator, and who allowed me to convert these assets.

The two Taits are working hard as they haul their train over the top of the grade at Cave Hill.

Having crested the grade, the taits coast down hill toward Lilydale, where they will come off for steam to take over!

Regards
    Zec

Zecrail DLS Content
    All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

S301 amazing

Tom
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 100240

Beautiful shots Zec and great information. It's good to get the history behind what happened in the past and why.

The detailing is very close to 'real' as well. Great stuff mate.

Cheers,
    Roy

I've always had a problem finding 'just the right' assets to use, when it comes to transitioning two levels of track with a merging sloped line between them; ... and,... particularly when you are pushed for space. I'm talking about the tracks laid side by side leading into Redfern's 10 platforms.

Today I've been playing around, firstly creating some ground 'fillers', which can be used to fill obvious gaps left between tracks, fences and walls. Here's a shot, which just looks like a 6m and 12m strip of ballast. This is set at ground level and can be placed under tracks or beside tracks that slope up or down to another level.

As you can see, I've sloped the track downwards 7m, which then exposes a blue-brick wall, yet still provides a filler for the adjacent track above. We all know that using the track-leveling tool will never
    build the ground up exactly where you want it, so this is where the ballast filler can easily match the fall of the track.

You'll notice on the left, a concrete wall with a fence on top. This is another asset I built today. Now if you don't like the blue-brick finish, it's easy to cover it up, or it can be embedded to sit at ground level and still look presentable.

The 3rd shot shows the 'filler' set like a ramp; and the fence/wall splines at various heights.
    AND,
    in the last shot, it gives you an idea how the fence/wall and filler can be used in other environments.

Cheers,
    Roy

Great work on the first electrics, Zec. A lot has changed in 100 years - and yet, much is still the same. We all appreciate the skill and commitment of those who build and operate our railways - and of those who remind us of what has been done over the years to get us to where we are today.
    Richard

Click the image below to go to the POTTERIES LOOP LINE site

New Tunnel System Single , Double, Quad Tracks each system feeds to the other, see through from the top for easy track laying with Catenary, Piping and electrical cable box are extras,,,

Last edited by steve123; May 29th, 2019 at 07:02 PM.

Your upgraded tunnel system looks great Steve. The quad track tunnel could simplify sections like North Sydney/Waverton - I look forward to it.

The tunnel entry in the 2nd screenie is one I've not seen before.

Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers.

Roy

Thanks Roy,, tunnel entries have been changed to suit the the more rectangle tunnel rather than the half oval, i am working on a left and right hand turnout individual of each other from the 4 track tunnel.
    I will send you a link when it is ready Roy,,
    And your models are looking good also buddy well done Roy,,
    Cheers,,
    Last edited by steve123; May 29th, 2019 at 09:38 PM.

Great work Roy & Steve, much needed assets for us NSW route builders.
    Looks like a rework of my Sydney Metro is on the cards.
    I would appreciate any details to download if they aren't on the DLS.
    PG.
    Win10-64bit, Intel I7, 16GB RAM, TANE on SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by PGibbons View Post
    Great work Roy & Steve, much needed assets for us NSW route builders.
    Looks like a rework of my Sydney Metro is on the cards.
    I would appreciate any details to download if they aren't on the DLS.
    PG.
    Thanks Peter,

Mine are not ready for the DLS just yet. I'm testing a few brick textures at present and haven't decided yet.

Some textures look fine in various photo editors, but once uploaded to Trainz, they can have a 'washed-out' look. So it's wise to do the homework first.

Cheers,
    Roy

Left and right hand turnouts a number of tunnel faces quad double and single tracks,,,

They will be ready tomorrow
    Last edited by steve123; May 30th, 2019 at 05:16 AM.