Australian screenshots

Back by Popular/Unpopular Demand.

Borrowed from other duties DH45 guides the perfume express through Roma St Station.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DH45 guides its mixed load of Bull and sheep towards the Central Tunnel due to point failure to Normanby.

Approaching Old Bowen Hills Station.

Cheers

Ghosty

He has been annoying electrons and filling my in box but it seems that giving him the brush off has not worked and now going to haunt me in public

While I can't be sure, you sound like you may be disguising a gimme gimme as a "help with my request"

And do you know what Davido's conditions about his NR Class items state?

Last edited:
G,day all been some time since i have been playing round with trainz not much time these days, but a couple from me its based round delec & enfield yard may get it finish one day

and another

I downloaded 44/47 class real horn sounds from the dls sound like the real deal to me the 47 i think can be used for a 80 class horn sound.

SAR SMC - First Beta

Hello everyone;

@Azervich; That is how the motor was designed; it had very small cylinders due to the nature of being very compact. It was essentially part locomotive part carriage; it was the first railmotors prior to the petrol and desiel we see today. I refer you to this picture;
greg_51_coffee_pot_woolshed_flat_24-09-2006_sm.jpg

(C) Johnny SAR Webpage - http://www.johnnyspages.com/classic...51_coffee_pot_woolshed_flat_24-09-2006_sm.jpg

Now some test screenshots of my SAR SMC #1 'Coffee Pot' on rastis new beta of his Old Ghan Railway.

Distant Running

trainz89_20130822_0009_zpsf501ee3f.jpg
Rail Exurcsion Photo-runbys
trainz89_20130822_0010_zps848e5302.jpg

trainz89_20130822_0012_zps7871febc.jpg

With Regards

Michael Gitsham

Last edited:
DG - Done

Jamie
I have tried to do that bridge and the brick cutting a dozen times and not liked any of them. Can you get those brick textures in red brick? And is that the bridge called Maribynong on the DLS? Texture changes?

Building - Structure
Maribyrnong_River_Bridge
Type: Buildings / Structures
Downloaded: 1508
File Size: 649.58 kb
File Type: .cdp
Created by: bendorsey
Date: 19th June 2008
Version: TRS2004
KUID2: <KUID2:210518:8359:1>
Cheers
Rod

Last edited:
Back by Popular/Unpopular Demand.

Cheers

Ghosty

Scott I feel certain that their are good posts and bad posts from all parts of this great Country :D
But your posts are always welcome and in fact I am certain you have been missed. I only run a couple of maps these days, and after Wadalbavale lost its way in TRS12 I moved onto Axe's Georgetown to Tarin Rocks, which I really do enjoy.
I am pretty certain that if you finish your 1067 mm gauge map, people from all over will download it and use it.

Some do have a model train mentality. Where building a model railway not only takes up heaps of room, but devours heaps of money as well. It is not possible to own or build 5 different railways, but that is the beauty of Trainz.

You can operate 30 different railway maps, and it costs you little beyond your initial game purchase. Your only enemy is time :D

So anybody who is one eyed NSW, or Victorian or QR is missing the point of Trainz and missing out on a lot of fun. Trainzers should enjoy the efforts of all map makers and rolling Stock producers.

Do people remember the Tasmanian M and Ma Steam engines that were produced for TRS2004? They have been recently upgraded and are available to operate TRS12, at Victrainz, I think. They were the best models ever built by anyone in Trainz ever! To this day nobody has done better and that includes the artists at Auran. Nothing further came from this group, as nobody on the mainland supported them, and the loss was felt by many.
My model railway lives in a brick shed 15 m by 8 m and the more I work on it, the smaller it feels.
My model Trainz Railway is larger than 500 miles by about a mile and it can be awesome ;)
Please think about it Trainzers
(place screenshot here)
Cheers
Rod

Last edited:
Nice Shot as always Ghosty
The perfume express would get up some people noses
Anyhow, A dogs day afternoon

9573023863_d8d653341c_b.jpg

Cheers,
Patchy

Please do not quote images - older ones like these are even more of a no no

iOS no

Mac they may work as long as it can run Ts10/TS12 base rolling stock
glad you like

Don't get me wrong,Had a look at the code of conduct. Nothing there about quoting images
Him/Her was a 1st time user
So is this a gentlemans rule:p

Cheers,
Patchy

Always look forward to your shots, Ghosty. As usual, I recognised them all before looking at the caption - a sign of a job well done.

Yes its out of consideration for those on slow or low data limit internet accounts and services.
If you look back over this thread it has been discussed many a times

Don't get me wrong,Had a look at the code of conduct. Nothing there about quoting images
Him/Her was a 1st time user So is this a gentlemans rule:p

Cheers,
Patchy

Haha sorry Rod. I've been busy and I forgot about your post.

It is the Maribynong river bridge, however I skinned it to match the 'Westwood' retaining wall series. (Which is what the retaining walls are). I also removed the track that was attached to the bridge, opting to lay it freehand, which was much easier with the dual gauge rail and all

Jamie

Nothing further came from this group, as nobody on the mainland supported them

Thats a nonsense Rod, Most creators concentrate on what they are familiar with and know, therefore very parochial, as they were. More likely because the models were payware and the group to the best of my knowledge did not release any freeware as a sweetener, thats their right. The only freeware TGR stuff ever released was from a guy very early on who's name escapes me and myself and an upgrade of one of my models for a later version of TRS by Billegulla. I'm happy with my later NSWGR stuff after my skills improved somewhat, but my forays into other operators rollingstock were not overly happy as you have many people giving advice from different directions and often contradictory. Plus not having an advantage of where to find good resources about what you are modelling as opposed to knowing where to look for familiar stuff

cheers
Pete.

Hi everyone this isn't about the topic that you guys are talking about, i want to know if anybody has any suggestions about any NSW Cityrail/sydney trains routes if anybody does thank you if you don't have any it doesn't matter

Been a while since I posted... This is my work in progress, Albury to Violet Hill. Started this several years ago, however comp crashed and only started working on it recently:

Wodonga looking in the up direction

Looking in the direction towards Melbourne

Springhurst

Wow nice work Mark i live about 8km from that last pic out on the Wahgunyah line, Well on the old not used any more Wahgunyah line lol.
Cheers Mick.

For the record, the Coffee Pot cylinders are 20" stroke x 10" diameter.

Peter
Hi Peter,

Don't forget that the actual bore isn't the total size of the castings as you also need to allow for 25mm thick steel and the covers are also larger than the actual bore as you also have bolts and nuts that hold the covers on and that adds an extra 51mm to the diameter, so the total size of the cylinders should be 24in long and 14in dia over covers, maybe an extra 10mm for the jacket around the cylinder casing.

Cheers.

Of course the the diameter isn't the full story, I allowed for that. Based on the only drawing I had access to and photographs, I think the cylinders are pretty close to correct for both length and OD. There is not much space between the outside of the frames and the outer edge of the footplate, and the footplate and the railhead. Based on the era when it was built I would expect the cylinders to be cast iron not cast steel, I doubt whether they were originally sleeved so allowing 1" all round would be very generous.

Peter

Back