Australian screenshots

trainz2012031608142283.png

trainz2012031608134893.png

Thanks davido for the brilliant V-set pack. (southern China somewhat resembles inner Sydney and china town) :hehe:

Not as far-fetched as you might think! Prior to the transfer of the G Class from Pacific National to SCT, PN (and Freight Australia before them, AN before them, etc..) had a hook-and-pull contract with SCT. While most of the trains were hauled by G Class (and the odd DL as well as V544), there were a number of NR Class used on the SCT trains too. When SCT finally got their G Class painted and into service, the NR's went back to PN work. Sadly, I think they were all grubby "vanilla" NR's, not the pretty ones!

Yes, i remember when there were about 4 NR's on lease to SCT. Managed to get a few pics when I went to Kalgoorlie to see a few trains.

Latest additions; All “Workings Plans & Sections” [WPS] south from Beenleigh to Tweed Heads plus some maps and the full 1961 Beenleigh Tweed Heads timetable.Downloadable from http://www.4shared.com/folder/CZjU31EC/_online.html

The maps available for download are the Australian Military Forces Survey Corps “Southport” [8.4 MB] and “Burleigh” [3.2 MB] maps compiled in 1967 using 1966 data. These use 1:50,000 scale with each side of the black box grids 1,000 metres long. These maps show the rail line as “Dismantled”. The Southport map extends to Yatala.

Also available are the Mudgeeraba military map, pre Hinze Dam, also dated 1967 using 1966 data, 1:25,000 map [8.5 MB] and the Ormeau Queensland government [black and white] 1:10,000 published 1980 [4.5 MB]. Although published in 1980, the Ormeau map shows the “closed” rail route. These maps show the Pacific Highway as it was in these earlier times. This highway has since being rebuilt, relocated in parts and given the title Pacific Motorway, with the highway code “M1”.

Also available for download are the 1977 street maps Kingston to Beenleigh. These show the line before the 1980s alterations.

Remember these are quite big files so download at your cheaper times.

More immediate help from these books and website;
Arundell, Alan “The South Coast railway”, Water Street Productions, Brisbane, 2011 http://railshop.com.au/prod78.htm
Webber, Brian “Exploring Queensland’s Railways - South from Brisbane”, ARHS [Q] 2007 http://www.railshop.com.au/prod15.htm
John Knowles has extra rail historical material on both the Southport and Tweed Heads lines http://freespace.virgin.net/johnk.pb15/southport.html and http://freespace.virgin.net/johnk.pb15/tweed.htm

Cheers
Peter Cokley

may i present dugandan terminus

hi all the first part is getting done, now that i have had some free time for myself

the first 6 screenshots of the dugandan terminus areas

i'm no good at trees unfortunately
if anybody camn tell me what trees were in that area, that would be a great help

i've been there and took lost of photos,
but i cannot find the corresponding trees in trainz

anyway, you're input is welcome

cheers
ron

1. schicks piggery with dugandan terminus in the background

1schickspiggerywithduga.jpg

By mister_chugg at 2012-03-15

2. dugandan terminus wye with j. gossen and sons sawmill

2dugandanterminuswyewit.jpg

3. j. gossen and sons sawmill

3jgossenandsonssawmill.jpg

4. dugandan terminus with cattle and pigpens and goods shed

4dugandanterminuswithca.jpg

5. dugandan terminus loco and 6 ton weighbridge

5dugandanterminuslocoan.jpg

6. dugandan village with quarry

6dugandanvillagewithqua.jpg

hi ron,
you are right those trees you are using are hopeless
first of all,what version of trainz are you building it in and we'll try and get you some nice trees
i think gums would be a good start

cheers,
patchy

Nice shots.

Kent, those photos are outstanding :)

Especially the first one with the buildings in view. It feels like i'm standing on the platform. One of the best shots i've seen you produce!!

Kent: One approves...yes...yes they do - very much so :)

Misterchugg: Apart form the alpha-blended billboard trees, which served their purpose admirably well in the UTC/04/06 days, the only 'observation' I wish to make, and this is just an observation, is the 'three way junction' just doesn't 'sit right' in my mind - I'd seperate them into two seperate junctions, probably 30m apart, so they 'look' close, but don't actually have a 3x setup, it'd be individual turnouts for each..might whip something up....

Very nice shots all,

an update on the SCT assets,

Driveable Truckz and Trailerz, Static Truckz and Trailerz a static container and a product container.
Hope it will be useful to the community.
Will be uploaded shortly.

Cheers,

Bill.

kent,
straight out of 60's with your screenies
pity there are no DD17s around to make it a perfect shot;)

flogging down rain up here,so tomorrow i'll be testing your updated version

cheers,
patchy

Individual download URLs will appear in a few days. In the meantime a work around is to a download bug is as follows...
After you open http://www.4shared.com/folder/CZjU31EC/_online.html select the individual file you want and click on it so it opens in a separate window. A BLUE download button will appear in that separate window mid lower left of page.

Sorry but a known fault that is "sort of" fixable the way I mentioned above. I am working on listing the files individually with their individual download URL but that is taking time. The list is too big to be finished today.

Latest additions; All “Workings Plans & Sections” [WPS] south from Beenleigh to Tweed Heads plus some maps and the full 1961 Beenleigh Tweed Heads timetable.Downloadable from http://www.4shared.com/folder/CZjU31EC/_online.html

Inspired by Misterchugg, about 3/4 hour tinkering...produces this...far from perfect, but just something too occupy and experiment with...

QR Blue 1488/1478 Haul a rake of QR KOJX loaded out of the terminus, to the meatworks

muliebuck201203160002.jpg

muliebuck201203160003.jpg

muliebuck201203160004.jpg

muliebuck201203160005.jpg

muliebuck201203160006.jpg

Good work Bill on the SCT containers and Lesley (Tom) I like the SCT white and red boxcars hopefully can be relased with permission by rob shaw. About time SCT gets stuff in trainz community after been in the dark for years

Hey all! It seems a while since I've posted some pictures so here's some of a new route that I'm working on. It's nowhere near finished but I thought I'd show parts of it that I'm proud of.

This is the nowhere near finished station area of the outer suburb of Chelsea Heights. Just a funny note, this station and the next station along the tracks (Frankston) have no relation to the suburbs in Melbourne, I swear! It just happened like that :hehe:

970ajn.png

The view looking down the platform from the city end of platform three.

5schu.png

ehk94w.png

Views of the bus interchange.

2ufrh3p.png

A top down view of the station precinct of Chelsea Heights.

Frankston Station and area:
15ro6mh.png

An example of the traffic light setup to be found around my route.

159d83.png

A view down the road with the level crossing and another intersection in the background.

juhdf7.png

An ariel view of Frankston station.

Comments and queries are most welcome.

Thanks,
Mitchul [;

Last edited:
Back