Australian screenshots

Nice shot Kylsey. Keep at it mate.

More detailing around Circular Quay. In the 1950s huge changes were beginning to happen in Sydney, buildings were being demolished, more modern ones were on the drawing board, preservation groups were set up trying to maintain the old buildings and standards. Finally 'The Rocks' area was able to survive the demolition teams, provided it attracted tourists.

While all this was going on, people still had to earn a living and commute to work each day. Although there was talk to 'scrap the trams', they were an ideal way to get abound the city fairly quickly. A sad day when they were gone.

A couple of shots along North George Street.

2018-11-13-125922.jpg

2018-11-13-130012.jpg

Isn't that the 'tea to revive you' ?
2018-11-13-125742.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Great shots as per usual Roy keep up the good work mate.

Sorry to hear about your eyes, hope that you can get it sorted out?

Cheers Joe.

Thanks for the support Joe - I'll do my best!

Aaron, just from my perspective, the container colour looks right, and maybe one or two tones darker with the flat-top.

Great stuff guys.

Cheers,
Roy

During her 10+ year stint on the VGR, J515 saw a number of duties, many of which were Driver Experience trains...

Departing Maldon
2018-11-16-230828.jpg

Smiths Reef State Forest
2018-11-16-231705.jpg

Muckleford
2018-11-16-232844.jpg

Midland Highway - Castlemaine
2018-11-16-235605.jpg

Maryborough Junction
2018-11-16-235722.jpg

Cheers
Tim

During her 10+ year stint on the VGR, J515 saw a number of duties, many of which were Driver Experience trains...

Departing Maldon
Smiths Reef State Forest
Muckleford
Midland Highway - Castlemaine
Maryborough Junction
Cheers
Tim

Great shots Tim, some good stuff there.

Now we've done the Maldon-Castlemaine and return trip, some years ago when we were visiting the Goldfields and at the time, I thought it would be a nice route to model.

But I had other things on the agenda and I'm glad you're doing it. Keep at it mate.

Cheers,
Roy

Nice work on the MZ Matt quite a complicated looking shape so thanks heaps for these, I did see a photo awhile ago of these sum where after they turned up at the wharf and out at sea a couple of them had moved whilst in transit and were too damaged to be used but it apparently cause quite a stir about who was going to pay for what and who's fault it was lol.
Any chance of making sum new coil containers to go with your RKLX Wagons ? Azza and these bad boys could use sum weathering to dirty them up sum thanks heaps to you both for continuing to keep us all stocked with Aussie Content.
K4DqC5gZ

2018-11-18-141733.jpg

May as well throw another one in here.
2018-11-18-153917.jpg

Cheers Mick.:)

Last edited:
Hi all,

Recently I've put the N Class as my main project since joining ATD and will begin texturing in the soon future.
Much has changed since it was last shown here...
VR-R-Class-Left-2.png

VR-R-Class-Right-2.png

Expect some texturing process soon.
Enjoy!

Cheers, Stefan.

WeddinNSW WIP. Trajere NSW. TANE.

Please excuse the crudity of the wheat crop modeling. 3d crops coming with TurfFX in TRS2019 version (if I can work out how to do it!).

Crossing-at-Trajere.jpg

Crossing-leaving-Trajere.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Mick,

I still have a 4 digit one to go then I'll be doing a 1998-2002 version with allot of weathering on them, I'm not good at weathering however I am trying my best :)
I haven't gotten around to finishing the LOD's on the 4 digit one as I've been occupied updating the Steel Slab Wagons, remember a few years ago you asked about the black circles, they where to represent the steel pressed in however it never really worked out, here's some new ends I made but this time I boolean cut the pressed ends.

46417567_10160921608870543_9044429637580488704_n.jpg

After I get all the RKLX released next will be the VQOX which is the above image then the ends can be x-ref into the steel slab wagons.

Cheers.

Here's a screenshot of the new back faces in T:ANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

It did up the polys a bit but not by much, I had thought about building my own steel coil containers as I'd want one for empty and one for loaded, however it might be next year after summer when I have a crack and I wanted to get the RKLX on DLS so I could move on with other projects :) , I reckon the current ones are good enough for now even though they lack LOD.

Cheers.

It looks fine to me Aaron. Nice work mate.

2018-11-20-103048.jpg

This shot is in TANE where the textures appear lighter and are slightly blurred; with objects in the background (SHB) appearing closer than what they should.
2018-11-20-094138.jpg

This shot is in TRS19, where the textures appear darker, much more natural and sharper; while the depth of field for objects (SHB) in the background appear to be correctly distanced.

In the long run, I can see TRS19 will have the edge on all other versions of Trainz.
Cheers,
Roy

It looks fine to me Aaron. Nice work mate.

2018-11-20-103048.jpg

This shot is in TANE where the textures appear lighter and are slightly blurred; with objects in the background (SHB) appearing closer than what they should.
2018-11-20-094138.jpg

This shot is in TRS19, where the textures appear darker, much more natural and sharper; while the depth of field for objects (SHB) in the background appear to be correctly distanced.

In the long run, I can see TRS19 will have the edge on all other versions of Trainz.
Cheers,
Roy

Very interesting comparison shots there Roy. TRS2019 certainly looks more real.

BTW, I really like your 50's shots. Please keep them coming. Trainz is a great way to document the recent past, and that's a big part of it's appeal to me.

Nice work every one, Roy i'm still not convinced with the lighting in TRS2019 comapared to Tane sum pics in Tane i thought really stand out but in TRS2019 i think it still looks a bit over saturated if that is the correct terminology. Will be the stand out version once that is ironed out if it ever happens but great work none the less mate your Sydney Route should be included with the game.
Azza i am having trouble with black faces on a US hopper and i moved the black faces 0.05 Degrees W in the edit uvw window and that solved the problem for the most part, Not sure i remember when i asked you about them i have enough trouble remembering what i had for lunch yesterday mate LOL.
I still have a couple of your mesh's in my collection though so i'll have to dig them out if I can find them pretty sure one of them has the ribbed sides on it do you have any wagons planned that carry the jumbo coil at all ?. Nice work on your latest additions to the DLS mate thank you.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Whew! I don't know how that duplicated. I could have fallen asleep and the 2nd one was a dream. lol

Thanks Phil for the thumbs-up !! I'll keep pushing ahead with my 50s route.

Mick, I've been playing around with the environment and lighting on TRS19 to try and get a happy medium, and I tend to agree with you, the saturation factor can be overpowering - either too dark or too light.
I actually had the shadows turned off in TANE mainly because I was working on the route. However trying to use TRS19 with shadows turned on in Surveyor, is nearly impossible to make fine adjustments (much too hard on the eyes).

Great screenshots David. Nice equipment always looks good.

Cheers guys,
Roy

J515 crosses Forest Creek on the final approach to Castlemaine with an evening "Ales on Rails" service
2018-11-17-221653.jpg

Elsewhere, SRHC's X31 and B74 head an excursion along the Merriford Branch
2018-11-20-195930.jpg

Cut to a few decades prior and T354/356 head an UP Merriford GOODS
2018-11-20-205246.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Back