Australian screenshots

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

A whole week without an Aussie screenshot, and now a whole heap of great screenies, both from the usual suspects, and occasional visitors. Great work, keep them coming!

Forrest_Runner has a knack for capturing the moment. If you haven't already seen them check out his posts demonstrating his mod's to Weddin: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...renfell-and-Eugowra-branch-lines-on-DLS/page6 . I am going to plagiarize some of his mods in my next upload :)

As I type I am digging into a old archive drive attempting to fire up a copy of 2006 and see if I can get a few screenshot of the Candy C38 - it still exists but sadly is banned to days before IM meshes - but she still lives on in archiving :)
Now I've seen it all (probably not), a tuscan time travelling NR class. :D It looks quite good.
cheers
Graeme

Kywong 1955

It's not just the trains that make Trainz. Really having fun playing around with TRS19.

Kywong 1955. The Sturt Highway... sealed road on this section is still some 7 years away. Rather than a town, Kywong was more a sparsely scattered collection of ramshackle farms, wheat fields and stock fields. The "hub of town" was represented by the general store and facility for Darrell to cater for the small population's cars and petrol. The community hall, which doubles up as a church on Sunday morning, is down the road a little.
C20yMWB.jpg

Over an hour was allowed at Kywong for shunting, loco servicing and reassembling No 12 Mixed. 3058 gets away with a light consist today.
T1JI6LF.jpg

School's out!! The timing of the departure of No 12 Mixed was some ten minutes after school called it a day. The boys are no doubt taking friendly "wagers" on which loco is hauling the train, how many carriages, and the number of blasts the driver will provide for audible entertainment today. The school would shut down in 1985.
HvQnozj.jpg

Primarily wheat country... this TurfFX stuff was something to figure out!! At times infuriating!! It doesn't look too shabby once it's come together.
Facr3uA.jpg

It's also stock country. The sounds and animations of these guys have come along way since those 1.3 and UTC days!! The tail wagging/flapping is quite the bonus.
g3th4gF.jpg

Awesome shots and the history lesson made them even better. It also highlights the plight of many a country town over the last 60 years.
cheers
Graeme

T413 leads a colourful goods out of Healesville on a warm sunny afternoon.

2020-03-04_004930.jpg

2020-03-04_005504.jpg

2020-03-04_005722.jpg

Regards
Zec

Last edited:
Kywong Line 1950s

GALORE - I believe the pronunciation is Gay-lor, instead of the obvious... similar to the way Galong is pronounced.

With the line built in the 1920's, it was the territiory of pre-cast concrete infrastructure. Typically, the PC1 station building, loading bank and of course the obligatory silos dominate the scene. On this day, No 12 Mixed is pausing for a lone S Truck conveying timber... well within the allocated 10 minutes allowed for shunting at this stop. The train continues its eastward journey through the wheat fields.

The station closed in 1975. The line closed in 1988. Of all ironies, the silos are still in use to this day... albeit owned by GrainCorp and operated by trucks. :(

JZmZ7r9.jpg

SwdkS05.jpg

GPhf8jv.jpg

bh56dWT.jpg

Love the "racing stripes", very effective. From a distance it almost looks like a hot rod. All that's left I suppose is a shark nose version..:hehe:
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Back