Australian screenshots

A quick shot looking across the Kanimbla Valley, Blue Mountains.

screen042ee2.jpg

Having advanced the route to this point, It really does scream out to be finished... Perhaps one day in the far, far, future.

The route as it stands is fully textured, and all of the track laid and graded between Penrith and Lithgow, with the exception of sidings, yards, etc.
All the roads are also in the route, albeit just as textures.

No buildings at all though, and only light sprinkles of the rest of the scenery...

It's incredible to run on even as it is now. The terrain extends quite far from the track, so utilizing Trainz Tuner to extend the view distance, you can get some incredible views.

Peace out, earth-children.

Last edited:
Is it called aus outback or something like that.
It should be default to both trainz games.

Close enough. While I've been waiting for the Bombo to Bomaderry DEM files to arrive, I've been tinkering with the old Aus Outback layout.

I'm 'Nat-ivating' it, and restyling it to be more NSW country style rather than SA desert.

It will be far more playable than the original when I'm done, and hopefully will bring as much fun to all of you as it did for me when I first bought Trainz 1.3 :D

A lot of CWS content is going in here with plenty of industry activities to play with.

I've done some more work:

screen114le2.jpg

screen116rm1.jpg

Endeavour set 2856/2806 crosses the highway, and then skirts Mt Thunder, heading out of Nandurra.

screen117ap2.jpg

screen118re2.jpg

It's followed by a pair of 81's straining to lift a cement train out of Nandurra. The two locos really do strain, I couldn't get them above 50km/h on the flat, let alone on the grades!

Still, done about 6 baseboards worth now, so we're progressing nicely.

Thanks Imagesghack

and restyling it to be more NSW country style rather than SA desert.

Nice idea!

May I ask where you got the container terminal from?

Last edited:
Maybe the road was added later or the road is following an old railway deviation but going around reduced the grade:p

Tom
________
Henrik Fisker

Last edited:
In normal circustances, the track goes through the cutting and the road round the outside, but thats just the way I would do it and its up to you;) Looks great though.

Yeah, I agree with you. However, in this case, the track going through that cutting there would have resulted in a tighter than needed curve after the bridge.

Maybe the road was added later or the road is following an old railway deviation but going around reduced the grade:p

Tom

Thats pretty close. The idea here is that the highway is quite new, hence why the road is in good nick.

Thanks for the kind words guys :D

Raichase: The container terminal isn't a one piece object. The ground is 'conc slab 50m', with the usual containers and forklift crane, and a few walls that suited well. I can't remember what the shed is called, but when I'm on next I will find it for you. The loading dock on the shed is made from 'UK Platform 1 & 2'. The rest is pretty simple really.

I must ask, where did you get the Blue Circle hoppers from?

Here's progress, what do you think....

THEN:

NOW:

Still in the basic texturing stage. But getting there.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post guys, I'm just hoping that Natvander, or someone who understands the Shunt signals functions can help me.

What is the difference (other than physical) between the Shunt H and V, and their 2St and 4St versions. And, what is an example of where I should use each of these?

Sorry for the double post guys, I'm just hoping that Natvander, or someone who understands the Shunt signals functions can help me.​

What is the difference (other than physical) between the Shunt H and V, and their 2St and 4St versions. And, what is an example of where I should use each of these?​

Ask Natvander to send you a copy of his signalling guide via email. It has really helped me with re-signalling the Brownlow Flats Railway, but I'm not finished that task yet as I am working on the 'extensions' to Varley and Wingham Heights (that is the Work-In-Progress name).

Cheers from the Demonlord.

The shunting signals are far from complete in that they only function as 'normal' signals and not shunting signals. The implementation of working shunting signals is on our 'to do' list, but the list is long...

The shunting signals are far from complete in that they only function as 'normal' signals and not shunting signals. The implementation of working shunting signals is on our 'to do' list, but the list is long...

Ok. So I can just place any of them anywhere (prototypical) in a yard, and they will (should) do their job.

I've been studying the ways you've placed them on the Wadalbavale Line, but I don't see any continuous pattern in where they are positioned, or which ones are used and why.

Is there any possibility that this is explained more elaborately anywhere?

If its referring to the signal guide, I've already seen it, and it doesn't explain clearly what shunting signals should be used (prototypically) and why.

Colhad: You would happen to be one of George Hadley's boys, would you?

Back