Australian screenshots

New Clyde/EMD 1067mm flexicoil bogey built to WAGR specs. With little mods it can be used for many NG, SG and BG locos as most EMD flexicoil bogeys use the same frame.

248226385_3120964231472284_2673018651746570182_n.png

I don't know what's going wrong with T:ANE at present. I was testing some NSWGT Sydney trams of the 1950s, together with the trolley poles that couple with each unit. I was looking to ensure that I had correct catenary height with some new models which I'm working on.

In Surveyor mode the trolley poles attach correctly,
Capturetram2.jpg

but when I open Driver the trolley poles disappear.
Capturetram1.jpg

Also in Driver mode, I can then add a Tram to the track, but it does not allow me to add the trolley pole. These have always worked on other routes I've made in the past, but not now!!

There are 3 trolley poles available and none can be added to a track. Any ideas?

<kuid2:73150:101344:3> NSWGT Sydney Tram Trolley pole - Sydney US09
<kuid:73150:101389> TS12 NSWGT Sydney Tram Trolley pole - Sydney US09 no arc
<kuid:73150:101390> TS12 NSWGT Sydney Tram Trolley pole - Sydney US09

Cheers,
Roy
PS: I also duplicated the 'Test' in TRS19 and it all works fine in that program. NOT in T:ANE !

Last edited:
Hi Roy can't remember if that happen to me when i downloaded the Loftus Museum route or not, can't check at moment trying to get Tane & TRS19 on my upgraded new computer ... look in hardware forum and below for details

good luck

Tom

Last edited:
Hi Roy can't remember if that happen to me when i downloaded the Loftus Museum route or not, can't check at moment trying to get Tane & TRS19 on my upgraded new computer ... look in hardware forum and below for details
good luck
Tom

Thanks Tom,
It doesn't appear to be anything that I downloaded. I have T:ANE Build #105766 running on both :C and :E drives of my computer and since I did a Database Rebuild last Sunday, this problem has occurred. As a matter of fact, I included a range of different electric trains Qld, Vic, NSW and their built-in catenaries don't even raise. The 'raise/lower' button in Driver does not show as active either.
If I use TRS19 and create the same Test Layout, everything works fine.
It appears that something is just not right in the T:ANE program.

I'll do another Database Rebuild and if it does not rectify the problem, then I'll swing over to TRS19.
Cheers,
Roy

had that one before where i had to move the loco a bit before it would happen
tom

Thanks Tom,
It doesn't appear to be anything that I downloaded. I have T:ANE Build #105766 running on both :C and :E drives of my computer and since I did a Database Rebuild last Sunday, this problem has occurred. As a matter of fact, I included a range of different electric trains Qld, Vic, NSW and their built-in catenaries don't even raise. The 'raise/lower' button in Driver does not show as active either.
If I use TRS19 and create the same Test Layout, everything works fine.
It appears that something is just not right in the T:ANE program.

I'll do another Database Rebuild and if it does not rectify the problem, then I'll swing over to TRS19.
Cheers,
Roy

Tom, I did try that as well with no luck.

It appears that since I last updated T:ANE which was about 2 weeks ago, this began to happen. So whatever dependencies operate the Driver Controls may have malfunctioned somewhat.

To bypass the manual raising of the panto, I'll setup some driver commands on a test route which include raising and lowering the panto to see if that fixes the problem.
Cheers, Roy
PS: Well, that didn't work either. A clean layout with track, track-markers, a tram, attached panto, and driver commands.
When I opened Driver mode the driver jumped in but the panto had disappeared again.
Tram1.jpg

Tram2.jpg

PPS: Now this pinpointed the problem a little more. I pulled the tram off and replaced it with a 1926 Red Rattler with the panto built-in.
Then, lo and behold, using identical driver commands as set for the tram, the panto raised, horn blew and off it went. Arriving at the last track-marker. it halted and the panto lowered following the command.
I don't know what to do with the trams now. Cheers, Roy
Red1.jpg

Red2.jpg

WHOOPS ! Someone has waved their magic wand, and another database rebuild,... now,... all tram catenary's raise and lower at the click of a button.
tram3.jpg

What was that all about, ... I don't know, but now I can get back to what I was trying to achieve. Cheers guys, Roy

Last edited:
G'day Roy

Would there be any chance you'd considering doing up some old Blue Mountains style Overhead?

G'day Roy

Would there be any chance you'd considering doing up some old Blue Mountains style Overhead?

G'day Aaron,

I would if I could mate. I just don't have the skills or the time to handle any extra jobs like that. You must realize that I can only use Sketchup to make models and that unfortunately, blows the polys out of the water. And that wouldn't help your situation.
I'm really pushing it to get my 1950s route finished before I drop off the planet.

Letting you know, I'm very impressed with the work you and Graeme have put into the 'Illawarra' layout - Fine work mate!
Cheers, Roy

Thanks Roy, I'm very satisfied with how the route turned out and it looks incredible in TRS22.
Sutherland
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Engadine

Very impressed by this new beta so far
cheers
Graeme

WOW!! Gosh, you've nailed it Graeme.

These photos could be images of the real thing. The graphics, the colours, the lighting and the shadows are spot on.

Great work mate. Cheers, Roy

Thanks H222 still remember my tour when I was at school around Dynon workshops and The hump tower, the computer relay room was so noisy with all the clicky click cause they would not pay a little extra to go full digitalTom

Nice shots Ryan and Jamie, Dynon is looking good.
A few more shots in the TRS22 Beta, the sharpness is incredible even on a 32" 1080p monitor.

cheers
Graeme

Back