Australian screenshots

No Roy they don't, i have no idea how to do that, i place my own Invisible track down for all the big trucks and give them set commands.
Cheers
If I knew the answer, then I'd let you know!!!
I've been experimenting trying to have tram tracks set into the road with gutters and pavement. But when trams run okay I can't have vehicles running alongside. I guess it's a matter of combining track and road on the 'config' and setting track and lane offsets correctly. I've got to do more homework.
Cheers,
Roy

Try this Roy,
When your building the road for the Tram change the Spline type to a Fence and then take out the number of cars and how many lanes & speed on the road, in fact delete all of those 3 settings , that should stop the cars running on the Tram track road.

Steve

Thanks Steve, that works fine where I want to isolate the cars from the tram tracks, such as a dedicated tram area. But what I am trying to achieve is having one lane of cars running beside the tram at the same time.

I've made a one-way traffic road and tram track (half a road) but haven't got the right formula to get them running together.

The pic shows the 2 half roads with trams but devoid of cars. I want them to run between the gutter and the track.

Tram-and-Road.jpg

I'll keep working on it.

Cheers, Roy

Hey Roy,

All traffic in trainz turns left when it comes to a spline junction. Use that to your advantage by using a little bit of invisible road to remove the lane that you want gone as below:

Easy 4 lane roads. JUst try and do it away from the rails and keep it relatively consistent.

Cheers
Jamie

invis_roads.jpg

Thanks Jamie for that information - I do appreciate it.
What I'm really trying to achieve is incorporate the tram track, and a road track into one spline asset, in an attempt to simplify the laying of city roads.
Once I have that set, I'll be able to create suitable intersection assets to attach the roads to.
Someone has probably done it before, but as yet I haven't found it.
Cheers, Roy

PG,... now that wouldn't be Coffs Harbour Jetty would it mate? Your layout looks very similar - been there many times.

Nice work !!
Cheers, Roy

Spot on Roy. !! Mutton Bird Island in the distance.
Been there too many times to remember also but hadnt known of the extensive yards and jetty use for mainly timber logged in the hinterland. Found lots of detail on the NSW Lands website which has historic details/maps of land titles and usage.
Just completed track alignment trough to Nana Glen en-route to Grafton to meet up with my other North Coast route. Also creates option to merge the Dorrigo route in future.
PG

The driver of D1 625 has a 'feel around' after another run down the Wahgunyah Branch with a mixed. Once passengers and van goods is unloaded the traincrew would start putting the wagons away for unloading in their various sidings.
2021-06-09_192752.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Hey guys, here is a recent render of one of my many current projects, the Westrail S class. This will also be used to create the Westrail Q class.

untitled.png

PGibbons
I lived in Coffs for twenty years and wrote a book for the Centenary of the Railways in 2015 Called Bananacoast Railway Rails of the Coffs Coast, the book covers the Raliegh to Coffs Harbour (1915) and Coffs Harbour to Glenreagh (1922) sections i have a yard plan for Coffs Harbour including the rails that went out onto the Jetty amongst other things if i can be of help. please let me know.

Ghosty

Some shots of my Sprinters on my Melbourne to Warrnambool route.

Southern Cross
Sprinters-8.jpg

Tottenham
Sprinters-7.jpg

Wyndham Vale
Sprinters-6.jpg

Wyndham Vale Siding
Sprinters-5.jpg

Corio
Sprinters-4.jpg

Geelong Loco
Sprinters-3.jpg