Australian screenshots

Karrah bay from Wadalbavale Route, well my version in TRS12 Changed Both of these type stations on route, that European one looked wrong to me also for my own use put NSWGR early colour lights, one of the things that made me mad they removed the NSWGR signals from route, probly did not want to have a blank session as a base for signal configuration I guess but these don't need that. Silver comet just arrived after checking the signals, found a couple points defaults the wrong way for me. don't remember seeing those poles in game will have to check
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Tom

Last edited:

A pretty contrived screenshot of Y151 idling clear of the Hopetoun-Rainbow Road crossing at Hoptoun in western Victoria as it waits for the Up Patchewollock Pass to clear the main. Contrived because it's the first screenshot from a new route and it's just about the only shot possible which isn't mostly untextured grid, but I only received the DEM base a couple of days ago, and a start is a start.

Plan 'A' was a modern standard gauge route from Murtoa to Hopetoun, but after plonking some blue and gold on the modernised Hopetoun I have back-dated the track layout to plans and photos I have form mid 70's, ordered a DEM extension to Patchewollock, and my thinking is (assuming it ever gets 'finished') to release a mid 70s version, which wouldn't be hard to backdate even to the 50's, and do to do pretty much exactly what the prototype did and bulk-asset replace the track to standard gauge, simplify the track, change traffic regions and modernise some bulk wheat handling facilities and release a modern version as well.

That's the plan. Reality will be along shortly...

Huge thanks to Peter for some amazing work, and as always thanks to Mick for gently nudging me in the direction of a local route. It took a lot of nudges over a long long time, but here we are....

Last edited:

A pretty contrived screenshot of Y151 idling clear of the Hopetoun-Rainbow Road crossing at Hoptoun in western Victoria as it waits for the Up Patchewollock Pass to clear the main. Contrived because it's the first screenshot from a new route and it's just about the only shot possible which isn't mostly untextured grid, but I only received the DEM base a couple of days ago, and a start is a start.

Plan 'A' was a modern standard gauge route from Murtoa to Hopetoun, but after plonking some blue and gold on the modernised Hopetoun I have back-dated the track layout to plans and photos I have form mid 70's, ordered a DEM extension to Patchewollock, and my thinking is (assuming it ever gets 'finished') to release a mid 70s version, which wouldn't be hard to backdate even to the 50's, and do to do pretty much exactly what the prototype did and bulk-asset replace the track to standard gauge, simplify the track, change traffic regions and modernise some bulk wheat handling facilities and release a modern version as well.

That's the plan. Reality will be along shortly...

Huge thanks to Peter for some amazing work, and as always thanks to Mick for gently nudging me in the direction of a local route. It took a lot of nudges over a long long time, but here we are....

It's great to see the all-time KING of Route-building back in his home state! Glad you're back mate

Cheers
Jamie

Thanks Jamie, that's quite humbling....

Up Patchewollock Pass leaving Hopetoun. Yup, it should be a DERM, but my route my roulz :)

Of more concern is the stock race in the background. Hopetoun must have had one, but every single photo I have is taken facing north from the station platform or north from the top of the silo, and there isn't a stock ramp to be seen so logic suggests it must have been at the south end of the station so that's where I've put it. I have taken the track though a junction off No3 Road, but it is at least as likely that it was fed through a slip off the No2 Road, but it's early days and it's a two minute fix if necessary if/when better info comes to light. Also the ramp is a very nice model, but of a NSW prototype. I know there's a VR ramp of the classic short platform with ground level yards type, I've seen it in screenshots, but blowed if I can find it so this was pressed into service temporarily.

Spline grass still? Yup. TurfFX? I try, but there are so many sttings to tweak and it's still too thick, or too thin, never just right, and there's a fair concentration of tracks and roads and I just can't keep the stuff where I want it, so good ol' splines are back in service.

And lastly the somewhat unbalanced composition of the shot is because everything to the right of camera is just bare grid...

So, other than just about everything being in one way or another not quite right, imho not too shabby...

Andy :)

Last edited:
Offish Topic

Thanks Tom, ILUKA is new(ish) definitely post-VR and loads sand, there is a huge wind-break alongside the track to stop the stuff blowing away!

Your link tho is a handy resource and shows a kicback siding off the end of No3 road exactly as I have it, so that's one box ticked.

Thanks

Hi everyone

I'd like to announce that after many years of work, the NSW South Coast line map is now available to download on the DLS. Grazlash and I are thrilled to share our map with you all and look forward to hearing what you think of it. Sessions are currently waiting for processing and should be on the DLS tomorrow or the day after.

Grazlash, this is great news. Do you have any versions of the route that is compatible with T:ANE?
It's TRS19 SP3 and upwards, whenever that happens. All the more reason to upgrade. The scenery was started in TANE but very quickly upgraded to TRS19, where building became easier and faster.:D

Nice shots everyone; very nice work on Hopetoun there Dermmy!

2021-09-18_001959.jpg

T359 ambles across the Stony Creek bridge with an up goods.

Regards
Zec

Back