Cheers, Tom

#35941, 2nd shot, connex metro?
    #COVIDSafe

Container train heading to Goulburn

Cheers, Ryan.

Cheers, Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomtre View Post
    Hi All

Sorry for no pictures but I want to announce the future of the Southlines route.

Some of you may have noticed that I have had the assistance and encouragement of FootplatePhil in updating the latest edition of Southlines. I shortened the route so that Phil could add that part from Young to the north to Weddin and I think you will all agree that he did a terrific job updating the section he took over, it really looks good to me.

My Trainz experience is that I get enthusiastic for a while, then drop off and then come back, those who have followed the development of Southlines over the years will have noticed this. So I asked Phil if he would be interested in “taking over” Southlines to permanently merge with Weddin and he has agreed.

So Southlines will be merged by Phil and come under his creative control and reappear as Weddin Demondrille or some-such title under Phil's Kuid and with my full agreement.

Like everyone else I can still make sessions if I wish based on Phil's new map.
    If I decide to use part of the tracks of the old Southlines as part of something I make in the future under another title then I can.

You have all seen Phil's screenshots and he really has a good eye for the country and he also is great at the trackside detail stuff.

I am confident that Southlines is going to get better in Phils capable hands, even if it isn't called that anymore.

Phil will continue to add to the Trainz journey.

I will still be hanging about, but not making big projects.
    There is some great work going on here, congratulations everyone.
    Stay safe,
    Tom
    For anyone interested in the future of WeddinNSW/Southlines/Lines-to-the-Lachlan I have responded to Tom's announcement in my WeddinNSW thread here:
    https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?154453-quot-WeddinNSW-V4-for-TRS2019-quot-The-NSWGR-Grenfell-and-Eugowra-branch-lines-on-DLS&p=1826844#post1826844

Please post any responses in the WeddinNSW thread.
    Last edited by FootplatePhil; July 29th, 2020 at 06:07 AM.
    Phil
    "Weddin: Blayney to Harden NSW" (current working title) a 400km NSWGR route coming soon to the DLS.

A few shots I took while testing updates to my signals.

Sydenham

Sydenham

Tempe

Regards,
    Ranger_51

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_51 View Post

Regards,
    Ranger_51
    I can make no comment on the signals (way outside my expertise). But I loved the black and white screenies. Just needs an old red rattler to make the scene complete!
    Phil
    "Weddin: Blayney to Harden NSW" (current working title) a 400km NSWGR route coming soon to the DLS.

Ranger_51, spot on with the tonal representation of the screens. Was it done on Photoshop?
    You are legendary with this fine piece of artwork including the signals.

Ranciderwrich
    Last edited by lspdyiu; August 2nd, 2020 at 09:21 PM.
    #COVIDSafe

Nice work Ranger, the locations looks so recognisable.

Arrow WIP - QR City Train: North Coast Railway

Hi All,

Just some completed shots of the forthcoming WIP of QR City Train: North Coast Railway. Still yet to place the custom catenary and custom content, but it is slowly coming together.

A typical 1996 scene of a 3900 class with rake of KL & TDV van traversing south to Wacol via Woondum, Tandur & Traveston.

Heading South - Woondum 5 Chain Curves.

Okay from MTC, proceed past Woondum to Traveston with X with Spirit Of Capricorn.

What Happened Mr Drifta? Some local larakin gets questioned by the QPS roadside for drink driving and crashing his ute. All the while 3901 passes overhead on the Woondum deviation.

*Please note - the 3900 is a beta, the script has been playing up with the numbers.

Regards

Mich
    Last edited by trainz89; August 4th, 2020 at 04:30 AM.
    Content by Trainz89 & QHR Trainz

Hey all,

Working on getting this onto the DLS over the next few days.

Cheers.

Looking great there Aaron. You wouldn't be looking at making the other U vans you did TRS19 friendly, would you? Only asking because they're really shiny. Otherwise they still hold up nicely
    Cheers

Em

Hi folks its been a while, in lieu with the planned release of the 2800 class in October here is a comparison of the in game and rebuilt mesh. Parts are being modified to further reflect the unique style of these locomotives and an increase on overall detail. It is still a while off, future work will involve mapping animated meshes onto a single map to lower performance/draw calls as well as making the various skins of the locomotive.

It has been a pleasure to see the progress others have made with their projects!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_51 View Post
    Regards,
    Ranger_51

Beautiful shots Ranger. There's something distinct and special about black & white images.

Seeing all those overhead gantry's has sparked me off again. I'm back into it again.

Well done mate,
    Roy