Page 2286 of 2297 FirstFirst ... 12861786218622362276228422852286228722882296 ... LastLast
Results 34,276 to 34,290 of 34455

Thread: Australian screenshots

Thanks Roy, they're Zecs broad guage tracks and unfortunately are the only tracks available. They do have some serious rendering issues at times.
    cheers
    Graeme

Hi Graeme,

I can build you a set of mixed sleeper tracks, I've also got updated concrete tracks done up which I'll put on Victrainz for testing as I've come up with some DG track idea's for easy building on very long straights, as for the mixed sleeper, which configuration do you want, 1 timber sleeper for every 4 concrete or 1 concrete for every 4 timber?

Cheers.

Hi Aaron, if you were going to do them anyway, my choice would be 4 concrete to 1 timber in broad gauge.
    cheers
    Graeme

Spending a little more time on the eastern side of Circular Quay.

Back in the 50s, building taller had just been invented in Sydney. So it was fairly common on a ferry ride to work, to see a new construction site with a crane dominating the skyline.

Circular Quay was still heavily commercial and there were a number of wharves fully operational among the bustle of passenger ferries coming and going.

Here's a couple of progress shots.

Cheers,

Roy

Graeme and Roy, great shots there fellas!

A pair of commuters go about their business as Tangara set G9 coasts downgrade into Austimer on a Dapto service.

Sweet shot Aaron. Still laying roads and sculpting terrain on the Illawarra, more scenery soonish.
    cheers
    Graeme

Thanks Graeme, look forward to it.

A busy scene at Thirroul with 3 Down trains present. V88 has arrived with a Dapto service while G10 is on the back platform with the connecting Port Kembla local. Quad 86's rest in the Down Refuge waiting a path to Inner Harbour with a loaded Coal train.

some photos of chullora/SFT in tane as I have now reached there on my South Coast route.

Sorry for the lack of posts.
    NSW Illawarra line coming early 2019

The throaty growl of a VP185 engine isn't a common sound along the South Coast Line. However in the advent of Main South closures, XPT's can be diverted via Wollongong.
    In the scenes below, we see ST22 making her way to Sydney via Wollongong after changing Pilots at Thirroul.

The South Coast Line has never looked so good. Well done Graeme. Great shots Aaron - the XPT does fit in very nicely.

Great work Ryan. Keep at it mate.

Decorating Sydney from an earlier era can really bog you down and the worst thing - it stops you playing with the new Trainz version.

Particularly when you've got hundreds of photo albums to work with and you try to make it look somewhat authentic just from black and white images. Each day I've been looking at a different section of my route mainly to break the monotony, ripping things out and replacing them with something different - So it's currently looking like a cats breakfast

I've also found some of the models I'd made initially were not up to the standard I'd like, so these are being redone again. Here's a few pubs I've been working on.

Although this has been a tougher challenge than what I first thought, it's not impossible. I'll get it done - one chunk at a time.

I have found Trainz to be a great hobby - It gives everyone the same opportunity to be creative and to push themselves, just a little bit further each time.

Cheers,
    Roy

Great work Roy we all can use sum more Aussie buildings mate well done, Not sure if i'd take a truck under that bridge of yours Taggy LOL shortest 4.4m i've ever seen mate nice work though the route is coming along nicely.
    Cheers Mick.

I wouln't even try to take a truck up that road at all Mick, its a laneway more than anything.

If you lifted that sign on that bridge taggy you would probably get 15 inches in high extra,,
    Nice shots guys

All good Taggy i was only having a joke mate it does look like a laneway.
    Cheers Mick.

Thanks for the nice comments Mick, Aaron, Graeme, and Ryan.

I've been tidying up some of the models that I'll be using on my Sydney layout. I spotted an earlier image of the 'First and Last Hotel' ,... and I guess it all depends on what type of spirit you like best.

Cheers,

Roy