Page 2417 of 2419 FirstFirst ... 1417191723172367240724152416241724182419 LastLast
Results 36,241 to 36,255 of 36282

Thread: Australian screenshots

Some shots from around Wallendbeen

Cheers, Ryan.

Barisbeer, is that a SAM track you’re using in those shots? You are a master in replicating real life scenes into the virtual reality of Trainz.

Also thanks so much for the grain wagons you’ve built for us.

Ranciderwrich
    Last edited by lspdyiu; March 4th, 2021 at 09:48 PM.
    All in the respects of being together. #COVIDSafe.

I'm mostly taking a Trainz break at the moment. Just popping by to check this thread, and the Grazlash thread. As always, plenty of great work being displayed. Thanks guys!

Phil
    Phil
    "WeddinNSW: South lines to the Lachlan" now available on the DLS. Uses only included and DLS content.

Quote Originally Posted by lspdyiu View Post
    Barisbeer, is that a SAM track you’re using in those shots? You are a master in replicating real life scenes into the virtual reality of Trainz.

Also thanks so much for the grain wagons you’ve built for us.

Ranciderwrich
    The track is a new standard guage Aussie type of track that Samplair is currently working on.
    Hope you like the wagons!

Cheers, Ryan.
    Last edited by barisbeer; March 5th, 2021 at 08:55 PM.

Hi All,

Great shots everyone.

While recently on a work trip to South Australia Via Broken Hill. I was lucky enough to finally get measurements on completing a long held project in Trainz, doing a Silverton Tramway W class which will flow on making an example from the original WAGR W class, which examples have operated at Steamtown, Peterborough and presently at Pichi Richi alongside their West Australian Examples. This will give myself an excuse to redo and release my SAR NG rollingstock, long forgotten in perhaps a project in doing the Silverton Tramway route.

I already have the W class driver bogies, kindly animated by @Jayholland and pony bogies, made by yours truly.

Regards
    Mich
    Content by Trainz89 & QHR Trainz

Steaming away from Wahgunyah with the up 3pm mixed.

Steaming out of Rutherglen after picking up a few wagons

Crossing the Black Dog Creek bridge.

Arriving into Springhurst just on time at 3:50.

A2 983 passes K106 at Springhurst with the connecting up pass.

A2 983 steams out of Springhurst with the up pass.

X41 steams into Springhurst with an up goods.

Having collected the goods wagons from the Wahgunyah mixed, X41 powers out of Springhurst with it's max load train.

Zec

ZecRail Freelance D1s, Victorian Railways Type 4 DD and Type 4 D1s, and more also available.

Zecrail freeware DLS Content
    All comments are my own unless otherwise stated.

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

S301,
    Those are really nice screen shots. I enjoyed following along the journeys of the trains. I really liked the close-up of X41. She's a beauty!

Heinrich505

Very nice shots Ryan and Zec. The 3 of us might have contrasting route building styles, but it still looks like Australia

Departing Bomaderry around noon

A later run in the afternoon

Arrival into Berry

cheers
    Graeme

Hi All,

A bit of West Australian Flavour, as I am waiting on drawings from WA on the W class, S Class, G class 2-6-0 but here is a progress shot of preserved 4-6-0 G Class 123.

Cheers
    Mich

Hey guys, Yep, ... I'm getting older but still hanging in there.

Gosh, there's some fabulous Aussie work going on around here lately. Keep it up Mich, Aaron, Graeme, Zec, Ryan and all the others.

I've just uploaded 4 cliff splines to the DLS today, which I'll be using on my 1950s Sydney layout (now that's really a slow process). The textures have come from around the North and South Head cliff faces.

I've set them at 25 metres high so they can also be used for cuttings through mountain areas at various heights.

Cheers,
    Roy

Thanks Roy, those retaining walls look great. We are all getting older, but in age gets better content.

A progress shot on WAGR G Class 123, with new WAGR standard boiler, boiler jacket, firebox, crown stays and in Koombana Queen colours. Eventually, all these will be used to redo to TANE standards, my SAR Y & YX classes, which some ended up being used on WA Timber Tramways along with the 2-6-0 G class types.

Cheers
    Mich

Wonderful work Michael! However if I can point out one very minor error - G 123 has never worn green livery, she's only ever worn black lined in red and gold, even in her Vintage Train days as Koombana Queen in the 70s and 80s, and she most definetely is in black now on Hotham Valley Railway service - this can be seen here in Rail Heritage WA's photo archives. Younger 2-6-0 sister 233 is the one who famously wore green in Vintage Train service (which was appropriate given one batch of 2-6-0 G class were delivered in bright green and were collaquoilly known as 'greenbacks', according to A History of WAGR Steam Locomotives).

Either way, I'm sorry if I came across as nasty or too much of a rivet counter, I just wanted to let you know about this point as I have a bit of a soft spot for the old girl, as I've ridden behind her many times (mostly on the HVR's Etmilyn Forest Tramway), even attending her centenary of service celebrations in 1997, and your model so far is doing this elegant machine proud. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    Wonderful work Michael! However if I can point out one very minor error - G 123 has never worn green livery, she's only ever worn black lined in red and gold, even in her Vintage Train days as Koombana Queen in the 70s and 80s, and she most definetely is in black now on Hotham Valley Railway service - this can be seen here in Rail Heritage WA's photo archives. Younger 2-6-0 sister 233 is the one who famously wore green in Vintage Train service (which was appropriate given one batch of 2-6-0 G class were delivered in bright green and were collaquoilly known as 'greenbacks', according to A History of WAGR Steam Locomotives).

Either way, I'm sorry if I came across as nasty or too much of a rivet counter, I just wanted to let you know about this point as I have a bit of a soft spot for the old girl, as I've ridden behind her many times (mostly on the HVR's Etmilyn Forest Tramway), even attending her centenary of service celebrations in 1997, and your model so far is doing this elegant machine proud. Well done!
    Thanks for the pointers mate, with no offense caused; as I am only new to modelling WA prototypes, I do appreciate the time commented and help in improvements. Feel free to sent myself drawings or scans by pm or email. I will be making the 2-6-0 version, using standard parts made with the 4-6-0 version as seen below. I might even make some coaches to match, but we shall see.

Cheers
    Mich
    Last edited by trainz89; March 8th, 2021 at 11:22 PM.

Hi Zec
    Great route.Are you going to release the Springhurst to Wahgunyah branch.
    robert2004-1

A quick update on WAGR G 123.

Cheers
    Mich