Australian screenshots

Your post surgery efforts have been amazing Graeme.
The break obviously recharged your batteries.
Really enjoying the screenshots and videos.

Question:
Which escarpment is featured above (#36228)?

A share:
For distant tree fill I am using "Tree NZR Gum 04 30m".
These are 2D trees that i spread across hills (facing the camera) - and they give a very good Aus bush background.
As your routes are designed for mostly cab viewing they could be effective in your Illawarra and South Coast setting rather than using the speed trees.
Just a thought.

Love your work
Cheers
NickE

view_media_post

Last edited:
Example-of-use%3A-Tree-NZR-Gum--4-30m.jpg

This is one of the ways I have used "Tree NZR Gum 04 30m" on my route. This is well back from the track and comes up as background when in Driver.
view_media_post

view_media_post

view_media_post

Many thanks Forester and NickE.
The cliff spline is: <kuid:44878:100348> DG fifth Cliff 1 flat on the DLS by Dangavel.
Those Billboard trees look ok, but for the sheer number of trees on the route, speedtrees with good LOD seem to give better performance. ;)
cheers
Graeme

That first shot is great Graeme. (The others are pretty good too:)). I really like the way you have hidden the seam between the cliff spline and the ground. The whole construction of the scene is simple but effective and no doubt efficient (performance wise).

A couple of years back I had a holiday at Stanwell Park. I was really impressed with the scenic potential for a Trainz route based around that area. I personally found it much more impressive than the much mooted Kuranda scenic railway in Queensland. When I returned from the holiday I even asked on the forum if anyone had built the route. That's one of the reasons I have been watching your progress with such keen interest.

Phil

Thanks Phil, that tunnel took a lot of kitbashing and pixel moving to get right, as well as some judiciously placed vegetation. It is a beautiful area, though I usually holiday a little further south around Eden or Merimbula. I'll do it as much justice as Trainz allows in my "Proto-impressionist" style:hehe:

Here's a few shots from an Otford to Coalcliff test run
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Thank you Graeme for the reply DG's Fifth Cliff. Appreciate it.
And thanks for the new batch of great shots.
Cheers
NickE

Incredible work Graeme. I used to travel from Engadine to Wollongong by train in the early 1970s and just loved the scenics of it all.
You've really captured those memories in your screenshots.

Cheers mate!
Roy

Thanks Roy, Aaron and NickE. Heres a few more after playing with environment settings.
Otford at dawn

Bulli dusk

Thirroul dusk

cheers
Graeme

Nice shots Ryan, the GWA locos look really good.
A few early morning shots at the other end of the route;
Endeavour approaching Berry

Between Berry and Gerringong

Kiama

Between Bombo and Minnamurra

Crossing the Minnamurra River

cheers
Graeme

Barisbeer, is that a SAM track you’re using in those shots? You are a master in replicating real life scenes into the virtual reality of Trainz.

Also thanks so much for the grain wagons you’ve built for us.

Ranciderwrich

Last edited:
I'm mostly taking a Trainz break at the moment. Just popping by to check this thread, and the Grazlash thread. As always, plenty of great work being displayed. Thanks guys!

Phil

Barisbeer, is that a SAM track you’re using in those shots? You are a master in replicating real life scenes into the virtual reality of Trainz.

Also thanks so much for the grain wagons you’ve built for us.

Ranciderwrich

The track is a new standard guage Aussie type of track that Samplair is currently working on.
Hope you like the wagons!

Cheers, Ryan.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Great shots everyone.

While recently on a work trip to South Australia Via Broken Hill. I was lucky enough to finally get measurements on completing a long held project in Trainz, doing a Silverton Tramway W class which will flow on making an example from the original WAGR W class, which examples have operated at Steamtown, Peterborough and presently at Pichi Richi alongside their West Australian Examples. This will give myself an excuse to redo and release my SAR NG rollingstock, long forgotten in perhaps a project in doing the Silverton Tramway route.

I already have the W class driver bogies, kindly animated by @Jayholland and pony bogies, made by yours truly.

507154luefp51.jpg

Regards
Mich

2021-03-06_230656.jpg

Steaming away from Wahgunyah with the up 3pm mixed.

2021-03-06_232659.jpg

Steaming out of Rutherglen after picking up a few wagons

2021-03-06_233803.jpg

Crossing the Black Dog Creek bridge.

2021-03-06_234636.jpg

Arriving into Springhurst just on time at 3:50.

2021-03-07_000237.jpg

A2 983 passes K106 at Springhurst with the connecting up pass.

2021-03-07_001634.jpg

A2 983 steams out of Springhurst with the up pass.

2021-03-07_002240.jpg

X41 steams into Springhurst with an up goods.

2021-03-07_003831.jpg

Having collected the goods wagons from the Wahgunyah mixed, X41 powers out of Springhurst with it's max load train.

Zec

S301,
Those are really nice screen shots. I enjoyed following along the journeys of the trains. I really liked the close-up of X41. She's a beauty! :cool:

Heinrich505

Very nice shots Ryan and Zec. The 3 of us might have contrasting route building styles, but it still looks like Australia :hehe:

Departing Bomaderry around noon

A later run in the afternoon

Arrival into Berry

cheers
Graeme

Back